What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
Do u have an Hba1c test kit I didn’t realise u cld get these ?

The figures above are from either a Sinocare Smart AQ or Gluco Navii BG meter, I mix between the two and occasionally use both to ensure some kind of correlation between them.

I do have a home HbA1c test kit , it’s a thing called A1CNow , available on Amazon for about £100 for a 4 test kit, you can usually claim the VAT element back from most sellers which reduces it to £80. It has been reviewed on this website and I’ve found it to be simple to use, I am due to test No. 3 next week on same day as a GP surgery HbA1c test, so hopefully that will show some level of correlation between the two also.

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
5.7 this morning at 0440 on the Gluco Navii.

A day of rostering , meetings and other uninteresting stuff lies ahead!

Resting legs today , so just a walk with the missus this evening after dinner planned.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Some cracking FBGs on here this morning, well done!
I’m slightly embarrassed to sneak in with a 6.3 and spoil it.
(<10g Carbs yesterday and a lot of exercise so I’m also a bit cheesed off about it)

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
7.0 today. A bit inactive yesterday, that's studying for exams for you. Promised myself a vigorous ride on my bike at lunchtime to see if I can get back into the sixes tomorrow. Beautiful and sunny here in London at the moment. Hope everybody has a good day.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.0 at 6AM and 6.2 just now at 7.40AM.

I broke my fast yesterday at 46 hours mark as by then the symptoms of cold were starting to show up which probably for the first time in my life made me feel better as that proved right my suspicion as to why readings were going higher. I have popped in two paracetamol (500 mg) since then for the slight feverish feeling that I had.

Hopefully it will subside soon.

Have a great day everyone. :)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Some cracking FBGs on here this morning, well done!
I’m slightly embarrassed to sneak in with a 6.3 and spoil it.
(<10g Carbs yesterday and a lot of exercise so I’m also a bit cheesed off about it)
Hugs for the unfairness and madness.

Reactions: DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
New Swipey and on right arm truthfully on 4.3 @ 6.0 falling to 3.9 by 6.30. I don't think so but them's the readings. Hug for the iffy tummy but winner for the fbg @PenguinMum. @DJC3 surely your helpful body felt obliged to kick in if'n you feed it so few carbs and thrash it like that? Makes sense to me but I'm the village idiot so ignore me.

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Not been around much.
Spent most of last Thursday at Ninewells attached to EGC's and various tests after an arrhythemia. Nothing to worry about seems to have been the conclusion. Heart always been showing irregular patterns...

FBG have been all over the place.
7 6.1
8 6.2
9 5.0
10 4.8
11 4.3
12 5.8
13 5.4

The low days were possibly down to missing out lunch completely and very light dinners.

Take care one and all.

Take care

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 this morning and as expected cholesterol, in particular LDL is higher, which only shows what others on this forum have already advised, that cholesterol can go up when losing weight. Sadly only my HDL is on a downwards slope.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I missed the sticky sixes and went right to the pva fives this morning, with a 5.5. Admittedly I tested about an hour earlier than usual, because, hurrah, I am feeling better today. Up with the sunrise, and keeping fingers crossed that the side effects of vaccine are done with, and I just have the antibodies to keep me well.