What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.8! what on earth?? All I can think is that this is a post covid jab blip. Weather a bit gloomy here in London, a day of studying and perhaps a little bike ride ahead. Hope everyone is doing well.
Agree re vaccine mine when high for a week or so afterwards .

Reactions: ert

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
New Swipey and on right arm truthfully on 4.3 @ 6.0 falling to 3.9 by 6.30. I don't think so but them's the readings. Hug for the iffy tummy but winner for the fbg @PenguinMum. @DJC3 surely your helpful body felt obliged to kick in if'n you feed it so few carbs and thrash it like that? Makes sense to me but I'm the village idiot so ignore me.

Maybe so. That’s as good a reason as any. Blowed if I can make head nor tail of any of it.

Reactions: ert

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Libre definitely showed 4.7 on waking and swiping. Felt awful yesterday but bg stayed in 4s and 3s. Tried to avoid the grotesque excrement show that is lc food and feeling crook until 17.00 when I sunk to 3 and needed to eat to take some medicine. Amazing sleep score overnight and unprecedented 7 hrs 30 mins sleep. Bizarre..

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Tale of two days..6.6 today after disturbed night and oversleeping till 8 which is unheard of. Work in progress. @Serah Wanjiku welcome to the forum. Stick with low carbs esp ditch the starches and you will soon see better numbers though be aware FBG is the trickiest one.