Book Corner.

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reading Sword of Kings by Bernard Cornwell

Only one more to go - Warlord

I have enjoyed this series but enjoyed reading other things in between.

Guess after these two the search starts again for something to read. Might give Enigma another go

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm finally on Warlord. Good going.

I've also reserved the next Peter James that comes out next month.
Also reserved last Lucinda Riley book in the Seven Sisters series which also comes out next month.

Not holding my breath I will get them before summer is out lol but at least they are free to loan from the library

Max68

If anyone likes autobiographies I highly recommend any book by Roger Moore or Michael Caine and I believe that David Niven's The Moon is a Balloon is also a delight. All very funny, and highly entertaining reads.

For the football fan I have also just read Geoff Hurst's 1966 and All That and again a very entertaining read.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If anyone likes autobiographies I highly recommend any book by Roger Moore or Michael Caine and I believe that David Niven's The Moon is a Balloon is also a delight. All very funny, and highly entertaining reads.

For the football fan I have also just read Geoff Hurst's 1966 and All That and again a very entertaining read.

Think Roger would be much more fun than Michael C.

Reactions: Max68

Max68

Roger Moore's delivery even in books is brilliant. Some of the stories are so funny, but Michael Caine sends himself up well as well. Been looking for the David Niven book but these oldies are so expensive!

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Need to find another book to read. Finished the Uhtred series so now pondering whether to read a few standalone books until the library books are ready. Or just go Waterstones and buy some more ;);)

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I chose Russka by Edward Rutherfurd to read. Looking forward to this one as I dont really know much about Russia apart from the Cold War

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Put Russka down, Im 2/3 way through it.

Mother in law recommended a book called The Last Hours by Minette Walters about the black death.

I'll reserve the follow up when I'm nearly finished and then get back to Russka

TashT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you like sci-fi I’ve really been enjoying the Themis trilogy by Sylvain Neuvel. I’m about to finish the 3rd book & glad to have discovered this author. I’ve already bought one of his later books to try.

Reactions: wolfie11969

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Russka is on the shelf as I've been reading a book by Peter James called I Follow You. Love his books, so easy to read and near enough finished in 2 days.

Hubby going to get me the follow up to The Last Hours by Minette Walters tomorrow from the library so I'll read a bit more of Russka til them.

Thank God for our libraries and recommendations from other people :)

Reactions: hankjam

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reading follow up to The Last Hours a book called The Turn of Midnight.
Taking me a while as it isnt as good as the first and you would think that because I want to get back to Russka I'd hurry up and finish it. My excuse, blasted headaches.

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Finished Russka, finished The Turn of Midnight

Now reading The Far Pavilions by M M Kaye. It's a book I picked up in the charity shop and reading the inside it was published in the early 80's. It's about a young English boy growing up around India.

I do have a book to pick up called the Dream Weavers by Barbara Erskine from the library so will read that around The Far Pavilions

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am still reading The Far Pavilions. I thought it sounded familiar and some people may remember it was made into a tv show in the early 80's. I didnt see it as I was a young teen so was probably on tv when I was sent to bed.

I'm also boxing up some books for my aunt as she has run out of things to read and her library isnt open yet. Good job I buy most of my books in the charity shop. My aunt will then cycle the books around her block of flats before donating back to the charity shop. Everyone wins

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Maybe some suggestions? I'm always up for a new book.

Speaking of writers, did anyone watch the Jackie Collins special on CNN last night?

what sort of books do you like besides HP and Twilight?

will you read anything, like give a book a go?

There are some suggestions in this thread if you have time to go and read back :)