My recent basal dose has been 17. I just took 161, how many carbs over how long do I need to ward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I have to ask, why did you do that?

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Glad you made it through, yesterday, @Grumpy Porridge.
Please find someone you can talk to about your mental issues. This is not the place to explain why you feel like you do ... unless you want to. The forum cannot provide the urgent assistance you may need if you have a repeat of yesterday.

With regards to how low Lantus lasts, there are two points - how long is the main peak and how long it remains in your body.
Lantus is "most potent" for up to 24 hours (many find 22 hours) but if you stop taking it, it will still have a small affect for longer. This was explained when I migrated to an insulin pump - for a while I had "double basal" - the basal from the low level left over Lantus and the basal from my pump. For me this lasted for 2 or 3 days after transition.
So, many people think of Lantus lasting 24 hours but it can still affect blood sugars for longer.
What this means for you is that you need to take care over the next few days.

Grumpy Porridge

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello again .

i felt low again and had tears in my eyes. I asked my mum for the car keys . I rushed back sort of , and put ( not sure exactly ) but all the remaining novorapid in at once ( around 130/140) I’m guessing .

TashT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I imagine that’s going to be a pretty effective method of suicide. It’s been 20mins or more, novorapid will kick in soon.

Call 999 while your still conscious. But you know this by now. To be brutally honest you know what your doing & posting about it on the forum isn’t going to help you at this stage.

I’m sorry you are in such pain and hope you get help in time.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello again .

i felt low again and had tears in my eyes. I asked my mum for the car keys . I rushed back sort of , and put ( not sure exactly ) but all the remaining novorapid in at once ( around 130/140) I’m guessing .

Hi,

I feel it's time you sought professional help regarding your emotional wellbeing.
Are you a driver? Please be mindful of other road user's safety with your BGs in an unstable state..
This is where you seriously need help from a place other than the Internet.

Seek hands on help by dialing 999.

Grumpy Porridge

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It’s ok , I don’t drive , no

its 3 now ( my blood sugar ) I’ve had 6 glucose tablets and a cookie and will eat half a pizza soon with some garlic bread

hope that’s enough to avoid losing consciousness.

I know it’s a stupid thing to do . And I don’t know why I felt the need to do it

Grumpy Porridge

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Should I be able to treat this on my own ??

yes I
Am crazy I know .

UK T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Call 999. I do not believe this will be enough to avoid unconsciousness. Your body will still have the basal on board from yesterday. There is help available, no judgement, but quite frankly you need to call 999 or at least your mum or someone needs to stay with you to call 999 when you do lose consciousness. I hope you get the help you need.

You're a valued person, call 999 while you can.

Grumpy Porridge

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Should I be able to treat this on my own ??

yes I
Am crazy I know .

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It’s ok , I don’t drive , no

its 3 now ( my blood sugar ) I’ve had 6 glucose tablets and a cookie and will eat half a pizza soon with some garlic bread

hope that’s enough to avoid losing consciousness.

I know it’s a stupid thing to do . And I don’t know why I felt the need to do it

Dear Miss Porridge,

With the best wishes in the world.
Your actions due to your emotional & cognitive state will not be resolved using a forum.
For this reason i urge you to find professional help starting with 999 the emergency services.

It actually hurts me to lock this topic under forum ethos rule C13.
"Any threads containing suggestions that are unreasonable or impossible to implement will be locked."

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/community-ethos-forum-rules.50278/

Find help, don't gamble with what could be a brilliant future.

Much love.

Jay.

Reactions: ert
Status
Not open for further replies.