What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Tannith

BANNED
4.94 average this week. A very slight increase. BUT an OGT a couple of days ago gave a 2 hour result of 8.2. I am absolutely delighted! 2 weeks and four days earlier it was 9.3. That's a big drop in such a short time! Prof Taylor's subjects did not get back to nearly normal insulin production til 12 months after starting the diet, though they had long since finished dieting.
My theory about this is that even once the poor little beta cells stop drowning in the swamp of pancreatic fat, they still have to undergo a recovery time before they start working at nearly full capacity again. It is also possible that geriatric beta cells such as mine, may take longer to recover than those of young people

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Got very late in posting today, had an early shock with horrid readings and then got busy. Reading at 6.30AM was 7.5 and at 8AM it was 8.1.

It has been in 7s most day today and only now it has come down to 5.6. Thats at 21 hours into fasting and when I did eat yesterday ot was minimal food only so I could take paracetamol.

The feverish feeling is gone and I haven't taken paracetamol so far. Hopefully things are on the mend.

Hope everyone had a lovely day. :)

Reactions: annabell1 and Pasha