What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from another early start in the little house on the prairie.
The wonder wheel is still hibernating but we are up round the table being server up cheese and pickle sandwiches with monster blood relish and cheesy blood burgers with black mayonaise - all made from place mats and coasters!
Off home this afternoon and then meeting up with other grandchildren for dinner out - two tables outdoors (rule of 6) so it will be fun watching the staff trying to insist on the ninky nonks staying at their designated tables. Should we take a giant bubble?

Very quick sketch with ink brush pens. Have a great Friday, attempting koffy.

View attachment 48912
Brilliant quick sketch @dunelm
Love it.
Have a good day.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome to SSAS day in my world. A few of yours seem likely to be busy with family time in at least two locations @dunelm; potentially testing how aching and stiff you are by creating a pond @Muddy Cyclist or having a 2nd jab @Krystyna23040. Either 4.3 or 4.6 on Swipey so ok (ish) - no lobbying involved. @Muddy Cyclist an 80 mile bike ride will do that to a guy's fbg - how doable is that daily Mr Merckx? No grandchildren till last orders at school and nursery here today. Lateral flow tests negative so we can retrieve them until Zia collects. Keep it real droogs.
SSAS: Super Salmon Avo Salad

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

I started out with taking photos of very fine washing up bubbles rising in my sink. Took several. Wanted to create a gold flecked background paper for Procreate. I got what I wanted, but then I wanted something different so I carried on working with it.

there was a crescent moon last night and I wanted to incorporate that. But I couldn't get the fine crescent moon I wanted, so in the end I did an expanding star!

24BB5155-A2DC-40A8-A8AD-13A2DE2BA083.jpeg

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, also if you don't fit either of those categories have a pleasant whatever you choose to call today.

A 5.3 this morning on the meter of deception.

Well folks and me and me's hope you are well and able to cause merriment and bring a smile to a strangers face, another week or so and it might be possible to dress up as a traffic warden and issue fake parking tickets in the local police station staff car park, ahh the joys of retirement and not giving a hoot.
Stay safe, stay well, stay away from the media and stay away from politics, you know it makes sense.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, also if you don't fit either of those categories have a pleasant whatever you choose to call today.

Well folks and me and me's hope you are well and able to cause merriment and bring a smile to a strangers face, another week or so and it might be possible to dress up as a traffic warden and issue fake parking tickets in the local police station staff car park, ahh the joys of retirement and not giving a hoot.
Stay safe, stay well, stay away from the media and stay away from politics, you know it makes sense.
hug for the number alf but snap x

lindisfel

Expert

Well I have been told by the Woke, Ladies and gentlemen is politically incorrect and not inclusive.
Even @ianpspurs is going to have stop using wickets and batsman.
D.;)

Reactions: gennepher

lindisfel

Expert
Welcome to SSAS day in my world. A few of yours seem likely to be busy with family time in at least two locations @dunelm; potentially testing how aching and stiff you are by creating a pond @Muddy Cyclist or having a 2nd jab @Krystyna23040. Either 4.3 or 4.6 on Swipey so ok (ish) - no lobbying involved. @Muddy Cyclist an 80 mile bike ride will do that to a guy's fbg - how doable is that daily Mr Merckx? No grandchildren till last orders at school and nursery here today. Lateral flow tests negative so we can retrieve them until Zia collects. Keep it real droogs.
SSAS: Super Salmon Avo Salad
I hear a rumour Doris is thinking of pulling the Lateral flows!

Reactions: gennepher

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I hear a rumour Doris is thinking of pulling the Lateral flows!
Rumour, The Great Dissembler and thinking about helping. Very interesting combination. A more cynical man than I would wonder if he can't afford to have cases rising and this is a convenient excuse to massage the figures. No track record of that kind of stunt whatsoever. Wasn't this his moonshot?- think that is the correct last vowel.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Well I have been told by the Woke, Ladies and gentlemen is politically incorrect and not inclusive.
Even @ianpspurs is going to have stop using wickets and batsman.
D.;)

Woke , hmmmm Me and me's wonder what Woke stands for, four or even fore?

If only me and me's understood TLA's, ( Three Letter Abreviations ).

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No idea what was in a seemingly innocuous almond milk Latte ( they don't do any syrups so not that) from a very COVID aware coffee stall on Ely market square but the rise and fall were spectacular. I tested at 1 hr, freaked out and counteracted with a Starbucks almond milk Latte - 8.2 before drinking that - reached a peak of 9 on Libre:arghh::arghh::arghh: and fell to 5 around 2 hrs then 4 at 3 hrs when back home and after unloading the car. Stabbo would have shown all good and I would have tried the coffee from there again.:arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:

Attachments

• 2131886372 (1).png
    2131886372 (1).png
    51 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
No idea what was in a seemingly innocuous almond milk Latte ( they don't do any syrups so not that) from a very COVID aware coffee stall on Ely market square but the rise and fall were spectacular. I tested at 1 hr, freaked out and counteracted with a Starbucks almond milk Latte - 8.2 before drinking that - reached a peak of 9 on Libre:arghh::arghh::arghh: and fell to 5 around 2 hrs then 4 at 3 hrs when back home and after unloading the car. Stabbo would have shown all good and I would have tried the coffee from there again.:arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:
Must have been the jammy doughnut you had with your coffee! ;)

lindisfel

Expert
Rumour, The Great Dissembler and thinking about helping. Very interesting combination. A more cynical man than I would wonder if he can't afford to have cases rising and this is a convenient excuse to massage the figures. No track record of that kind of stunt whatsoever. Wasn't this his moonshot?- think that is the correct last vowel.
You surely were not thinking of horseshot! :)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.7 today

quite a nice sunny morning here so we decided to go over to mum's and prune some of the bits the frost and high wind chill factor a couple of weeks ago damaged in her garden, we followed up with a bonfire and then a barbeque with salad for dinner :) more outdoor exercise ;)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@ianpspurs - hugs for the disconcerting bg rise :sorry: Do you think they perhaps used sweetened almond milk?

@dunelm - well done litle sketch today, I especially like the sky, sounds like you're having a ball with family :joyful:

@gennepher - love your sky it's so effective and the gold flecks are smashing :joyful:

art bit - based on a photo I saw on the net, the 'Grand Tetons' I think ;)

upload_2021-4-16_19-14-41.jpeg

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for this information on higher protein.

Have finished the Dr Ted Naiman video. A really good detailed explanation of why the PE diet is good for you. It makes so much sense to me and it has strengthened my resolve to severely limit the cream and increase protein.

Since I started having much more cream during the various lockdowns my body composition has changed and I have put on at least 3 inches around my waist. Not good. I am very optimistic that I will lose the inches by following PE guidelines.
I must cut down on the cream too but I keep telling myself next week ... :cat: but that's encouraging me to stop - that you have put 3 inches on your waist with just having cream...I have defo put it on the scales tells me that but I have not measured my waist ...but I will measure it before I stop the cream and then a few weeks or so after and see the difference I hope ...

lindisfel

Expert
And there's a few boroughs here doing surge testing for SA variant at the moment.

Queues galore, so some say.
Very covid conscious
I believe there is an Indian variant now as well that they think will bypass vaccines.
The only way to stop this is the NZ and Aussie approach.
D.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

I started out with taking photos of very fine washing up bubbles rising in my sink. Took several. Wanted to create a gold flecked background paper for Procreate. I got what I wanted, but then I wanted something different so I carried on working with it.

there was a crescent moon last night and I wanted to incorporate that. But I couldn't get the fine crescent moon I wanted, so in the end I did an expanding star!

View attachment 48914
Very creative we need Carl Sagan explaining it all.