Libre sensor errors

brucie75

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi all

I replaced my Libre sensor this morning as my old one had expired. 60 minutes after I had scanned the new sensor with my phone as normal, I tried to read. Error message 366 showed, saying I had to check my sensor and try to start the sensor again, if it was applied properly, but if it was loose, remove the sensor and start a new one. My sensor seems secure and I applied it properly so do not understand why this error appeared. I have restarted my phone and have tried reading my sensor with another reader but to no avail. I've never had this error message before.

Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance

David

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sounds as if the sensor is faulty. It happens.
Call Abbott and they will probably replace it.

UK T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Try to take a screen shot of the error message and maybe pictures to prove the sensor is correctly applied, though these aren't necessary. Ideally keep the sensor attached and get in touch the Abbott's helpline, they were really helpful when I had a faulty sensor last year and sent a replacement. They'll go through their handbook to make sure you've followed their instructions for applying and check the sensor was in date etc but it is more of a box tick exercise. Frustrating, but luckily I've only had one faulty sensor in 1 1/2 years. I aways try to have 1 or 2 sensors in so I don't have to return to finger prick testing while I wait for more sensors just incase.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Adverts, EU, Brussel Sprouts, Ginge & Winge.
Try to take a screen shot of the error message and maybe pictures to prove the sensor is correctly applied, though these aren't necessary. Ideally keep the sensor attached and get in touch the Abbott's helpline, they were really helpful when I had a faulty sensor last year and sent a replacement. They'll go through their handbook to make sure you've followed their instructions for applying and check the sensor was in date etc but it is more of a box tick exercise. Frustrating, but luckily I've only had one faulty sensor in 1 1/2 years. I aways try to have 1 or 2 sensors in so I don't have to return to finger prick testing while I wait for more sensors just incase.
Call Abbott's helpline, tell them the issue, the serial number and the fault code, and they will send a free replacement, but retain the failed one because Abbott need it to run diagnostics and possibly reuse. It's annoying when they do go wrong, but certainly more reliable than the Dexcom G6

brucie75

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thanks for all the replies. I had a productive call with Abbotts and they have sent me a replacement sensor. When I quizzed them about why the error message showed, they suggested I should update the Libre link app on my phone. I thought that was a strange response.
This is the 2nd sensor I have had to return in the last 7 months. Frustrating.

Reactions: UK T1

Glucobabu

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for all the replies. I had a productive call with Abbotts and they have sent me a replacement sensor. When I quizzed them about why the error message showed, they suggested I should update the Libre link app on my phone. I thought that was a strange response.
This is the 2nd sensor I have had to return in the last 7 months. Frustrating.
I have had to return around half a dozen faulty sensors over the last 2 years. Most of them stopped working for unknown reason, one applicator would not ‘fire’ to release the sensor and another one simply fell to pieces when attempting to open it! Abbott have always been very good and sent prompt replacements. Now I am on Libre2 with Bluetooth and alarms, and what a life changer it is! No fear of unexpected hypos or sleeping through one!

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Does the Libre 2 work with the phone app in the same way as the Libre 1?

UK T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Does the Libre 2 work with the phone app in the same way as the Libre 1?
Yep :) you might need to update the phone app but most automatically update when updates are available. I didn't lose any of my libre 1 data held in the app when I just scanned to activate my first libre 2 sensor.

brucie75

Type of diabetes
Type 1
My replacement Libre sensor has been working fine ever since I put it on on Saturday. I did not update my LibreLink app as suggested by Abbotts as I was on the latest version anyway. I'm even happier today as my blood sugar has behaved for the entire day!! This is a rarity as my levels are normally up and down like a yoyo!! Metabolism has a lot to answer for!!

Cropwalker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Just Joined forum and just started using Abbot Freestyle having used Medtronic Soft sensor and Enlite sensers for the last 10 years ( Self Funding). So far used 3 libre 2 sensors used and only one has worked reasonably well. Continualy getting error mesages when scanning. Never had problems like this with Medtronic but they are much more expensive. Fortunatly Abbott have replaced them, interestingly I believe that the problem is Software/ logrithm issue as I took the plunge and bought a Bubble so that it is more like medtronic CGM. When ever I get an error mesage on the reader or iPhone the Bubble never misses a beat and seems to work much better than the official app. It also seems more accutate in the blood sugar readings all be it giving a slightly lower blod sugar reading than blood tests. Hope this helps!