On the way to T2D remission (I hope)

chrisjohnh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was newly diagnosed with T2D on Dec 9th 2020 with HbA1c of 74. I am a UK male aged 73. My weight at that time was just over 82kg and my waist was 41 inches. I was not put on drugs, just advised to lose weight (but with no guidance) and see what happened. I formulated a simple regime with the following features: average daily calories 1500; average daily carbs 70g; daily exercise 3-mile fast walk; daily hydration minimum 3 litres. I maintained this for four months, doing weekly checks on weight, waist and fasting glucose. I never experienced a moment's hunger. I lost 12.25kg and my waist reduced to 33 inches. I had a second HbA1c test two days ago on April 14th 2021 and the result has come back as 42. I shall now strive to keep it that way as far as it remains possible.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very well done! Keep up the good work!

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
It is amazing what fortitude and determination can achieve. Brilliant result!

chrisjohnh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I thank all the above for their kind remarks and good wishes. I think I have just been very lucky in that my diabetes had not gone too far down the road to make a big improvement unachievable. The effort I've had to put in myself is trivial compared to many of the heroic and epic stories we see on this forum by people battling so hard with their condition and facing such adversity. I have also been very fortunate in the advice and literature provided by this organization early on, without which I would have been floundering. What a magnificent service diabetes.co.uk is providing to this huge community of sufferers, hats off to them.