What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope tomorrow goes smoothly @DJC3. Fantastic achievement @CotswoldsBloke. My fbg was 4.5 on Swipey this morning after a bizarre reaction to an almond milk latte in a City square (no syrup involved) - corrected with a Starbuck's almond milk latte as you do - (sf syrup involved) . Libre graph below. I'm pleased with the recovery but would never have known with Stabbo.

Attachments

• 2131886372 (1).png
    2131886372 (1).png
    51 KB · Views: 76

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @Daphne917 , I hope your OH is in a good place at the mo and that things have settled!! It is a bit of a worry as I don't seem to be getting much feedback as to what is going on.... hope for some news soon... I think my trigger is probably eating something too quickly and giving myself indigestion, wind and then it kicks off.... so less bolting of food required!!
Take care
His heart seems to be behaving itself at the moment - he has annual pacemaker checks and echocardiogram which his cardiologist reviews so hopefully they’ll pick up any potential problems.

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
8.8 this morning :banghead:. Was positively angelic yesterday so I can only surmise that exam stress is not good for my blood sugar. Bike ride booked for lunchtime as being stuck behind a desk all day is not good either. Tried a cheeky correction dose.

Reactions: karen8967 and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope tomorrow goes smoothly @DJC3. Fantastic achievement @CotswoldsBloke. My fbg was 4.5 on Swipey this morning after a bizarre reaction to an almond milk latte in a City square (no syrup involved) - corrected with a Starbuck's almond milk latte as you do - (sf syrup involved) . Libre graph below. I'm pleased with the recovery but would never have known with Stabbo.

Great recovery there. I’ve noticed that not all plant based milks are created equal. The ‘barista’ style ones in particular seem to carry quite a high carb load.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Relief is this --> 5.8 at 6AM and 6.5 at 8AM. Overnight average of 6.7.

I think whatever infection i had is on the mend as i did not take any paracetamol yesterday although in last 34 hours I did have some cheese, celeriac and two of my keto chocolate bars.

Have a wonderful Saturday everyone. :)

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning. 2nd vacc booked in for tomorrow so I’ve slapped a Libre on in readiness.
My second vaccine is booked for Wednesday. I had also decided to apply for a free Libre trial the other day. just waiting for delivery now, hope it comes before Wednesday and that I can work out how to use it.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My second vaccine is booked for Wednesday. I had also decided to apply for a free Libre trial the other day. just waiting for delivery now, hope it comes before Wednesday and that I can work out how to use it.

We can compare notes! I looked on YouTube the first time I got a Libre to see how to apply it, it isn’t difficult.
Which vacc did you have? Mine was the AZ Oxford one.