Just for fun. Blood type and keto.

Blood type and keto results

• O+ and keto works well

• O+ and middling results

• O+ and it’s not so great, even though I did it right and tried

• Other type and worked well

• Other type and not so great despite genuine attempts.

• Other and middling results

• Don’t know the type and want to see the results

• Don’t know my type but want to see the results

Results are only viewable after voting.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Anecdotally I’ve been reading keto has the most benefits for people with blood type O positive. I though it might be fun to see if that’s true in here. Totally unscientific I know. I also realise lots won’t know their blood type. I only know mine from donating blood.

Good results to mean whatever you aimed to achieve, blood results or weight loss. As I said. Unscientific and totally anecdotal .

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Isn't O+ the most numerous type, so statistically there would be more people who get benefits as there are more people in that group anyway?

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
This will be interesting even if not scientific. :)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There’s no option for ‘no idea of blood type’ :D which means we can’t see the results!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm O- and it worked great for me..

@HSSS Is this based on the "Eat right for your type" diet thinking that was quite big in the 80's? Or is there some newer information out there.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
There’s no option for ‘no idea of blood type’ :D which means we can’t see the results!

Agreed, maybe the OP would be open to including that option if one of the mods would add it? Just so happens you seem to be a mod. :)

Personally, I have no idea what type, but keto works well.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Isn't O+ the most numerous type, so statistically there would be more people who get benefits as there are more people in that group anyway?
Oo good point. I’ll try and see what sort of proportion that is

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm O- and it worked great for me..

@HSSS Is this based on the "Eat right for your type" diet thinking that was quite big in the 80's? Or is there some newer information out there.
It didn’t mention this in the article I read but possibly. I’m now trawling my history trying to find where I read it in the first place. I’ll update when I find it.

TeddyTottie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m A with a weird rhesus factor that makes me A- but my blood can only go to an A + person. Anyway, keto works well for me, in that I control my BG, lost weight, have improved endurance and a host of other minor health niggles cleared up.

How are you defining ‘worked well’?

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I believe that my blood type (A + ) is meant to be good with carbs - which has never been the case.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Very interesting post. I have recently had a genetic (DNA) profile done that also provides you with your raw genetic data. It gives you your individual gene codes which can then provide you with information as to your overall 'risks' relative to a whole host of medical conditions, including diabetes, cholesterol, heart and so on. Of course it is provided with the proviso that just because you have a dna strand that indicates a higher risk of something, this doesn't mean you will get it. Blood types come into it too and how your blood type indicates whether a low carb/high fat diet is likely to work, or how beneficial a statin might be to you. Fascinating stuff and of course 'lifestyle' gets mentioned quite often as this too can alter or improve any genetic flaw.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I know my type (yay, go me!) but I'm struggling with the definitions of doing well/middling/genuine attempts etc. My answer to that side of it varies several times a day depending on my mood and my weight!!!!
I have done an answer though...it just might be different tomorrow :)

Reactions: HSSS

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I know my type (yay, go me!) but I'm struggling with the definitions of doing well/middling/genuine attempts etc. My answer to that side of it varies several times a day depending on my mood and my weight!!!!
I have done an answer though...it just might be different tomorrow :)
It wasn’t meant as any specific definition. Just are you really happy with what keto achieves, reasonably happy or it didn’t achieve the results you wanted despite good attempts (as opposed to didn’t like it/too restrictive). Obviously each person might want different things but as we each make the choice to eat that way depending on our own situation and goals and maintain the way of eating depending on if we think it achieves them or not, it seemed reasonable.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people