What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Have a safe journey returning the Ninky Nonks @dunelm. I hope the arm and higher bg settle down @Krystyna23040 but a small price to pay if protected from much worse. How's the other impost delivered to your Krystynaship? So, my fbg could well have been the 4.5 Swipey claimed and #Lattegate has passed without obvious issues. The bigger problem will be if I don't source a birthday card for Monday. Failure is not an option.
The arm and the higher bg is definitely a really small price to pay for protection from Covid 19.

Good that Lattegate passed without obvious issues. Birthdaycardgate may be a bigger problem.

Today my head is definitely less sore - so it looks like I have been really lucky.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ooh congratulations.
Nice it went so smoothly

Awaiting my 2nd, do keep us up to date with after effects ( lack of hopefully.)
Luckily there are no side effects so far apart from the mildly sore arm and slightly higher fbg. The nurse did say that the side effects were worse with the 2nd Pfizer dose but luckily it doesn't look like they will be for me. Fingers crossed.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.

A 6.2 on that scheming meter of mystery and naughtiness.

This might be my last post on here for a time, Me and me's with the help of Google will be returning the tablet I use to factory settings, but first I have to remember passwords and stuff.
I do have other electronic gizmo's, but I like to keep them diabetic site free.

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers here in Tilehurst Towers it looks nice and sunny and probably cold, better stay warm and away from riding my motorbike.

Good luck.

Just bought new phone.

Set requires password....which is kept in Google and I simply click..

Can't remember what it was...

Had to jump through hoops and get new password set up

BTW if using Google,
You can, under security options seek out passwords and while logged into Google
Open passwords/see them.

A laborious task, but better then the alternative..:wideyed::rolleyes:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.

A 6.2 on that scheming meter of mystery and naughtiness.

This might be my last post on here for a time, Me and me's with the help of Google will be returning the tablet I use to factory settings, but first I have to remember passwords and stuff.
I do have other electronic gizmo's, but I like to keep them diabetic site free.

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers here in Tilehurst Towers it looks nice and sunny and probably cold, better stay warm and away from riding my motorbike.
Take care @alf_Josiah

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well back up in the land of the 9's and only just missing the dastardly double figures with a 9.8 :rolleyes:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good luck.

Just bought new phone.

Set requires password....which is kept in Google and I simply click..

Can't remember what it was...

Had to jump through hoops and get new password set up

BTW if using Google,
You can, under security options seek out passwords and while logged into Google
Open passwords/see them.

A laborious task, but better then the alternative..:wideyed::rolleyes:

Thanks all. Tablet reformatted, now comes the battle with my non understanding of the terminology used by these young whipper snappers that write the instructions and help files. Never before has the " old grey whistle test " been so relevant.
Now to decide what gets reinstalled.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks all. Tablet reformatted, now comes the battle with my non understanding of the terminology used by these young whipper snappers that write the instructions and help files. Never before has the " old grey whistle test " been so relevant.
The IT people who look after my computer are all young. When I have done something really stupid they say 'we have done exactly the same thing'. It is very kind of them but I know that they have never ever done anything that stupid. They are brilliant though and always sort out my problems in about 5 minutes.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes @alf_Josiah
m19081.gif

m19162.gif

m19190.gif

t121071.gif

Looks like you did really well.
Brilliant!!!!

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all

4.5 today

a misty and windy morning followed by a sunny and warmish afternoon so quite a few people about in the village and walking on the beach :)

A bit of a stressful day today caused by mr gee discovering that the main incoming power fuse housing on the house power board was getting hot (hot enough to smell hot :().
We turned off everything we could and phoned the electricity supplier and thankfully an engineer appeared pretty quickly considering it's weekend. After we worked through all the tick sheet about covid etc. he brought his masked self into the house and replaced all the supplier side bits :joyful:

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@dunelm - your tree works nicely and coffee with your assistants sounds extra good ;)

@gennepher - a fine digital painting, it does give that magical feel and the colours are well chosen to suit the effect you were aiming for :)

@alf_Josiah - so far so good :D

@ianpspurs - I saw a youtube video today where someone used a mix of protein powder and ground parmesan as a 'breading/coating' to fry chicken fillet strips in, it looked good, he says it works for fish too. I might try it, it looks like an interesting idea.

art bit - I'm looking forward to summer ;)
upload_2021-4-17_20-21-12.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good evening all

4.5 today

a misty and windy morning followed by a sunny and warmish afternoon so quite a few people about in the village and walking on the beach :)

A bit of a stressful day today caused by mr gee discovering that the main incoming power fuse housing on the house power board was getting hot (hot enough to smell hot :().
We turned off everything we could and phoned the electricity supplier and thankfully an engineer appeared pretty quickly considering it's weekend. After we worked through all the tick sheet about covid etc. he brought his masked self into the house and replaced all the supplier side bits :joyful:

@dunelm - your tree works nicely and coffee with your assistants sounds extra good ;)

@gennepher - a fine digital painting, it does give that magical feel and the colours are well chosen to suit the effect you were aiming for :)

@ianpspurs - I saw a youtube video today where someone used a mix of protein powder and ground parmesan as a 'breading/coating' to fry chicken fillet strips in, it looked good, he says it works for fish too. I might try it, it looks like an interesting idea.

View attachment 48965
Glad you realised something was up with the power board in time.

Thank you @geefull for the compliments.

A beautiful gentle painting from you of the hazy days of summer....

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That must have been really scary. Great that it was sorted so quickly.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.0 this morning. Luckily a bit higher fbg seems to be the only side effect of my Pfizer 2nd dose.

We are off to Felbrigg Hall today. Looking forward to walking in the sunshine with the dogs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Another pleasant valley Breckland Sunday dawned bright and cold. Swipey played a game of truth or dare today - 2.9 after sleeping on rt arm or 4.6 after ablutions, dressing, dealing with dogs and giving the beef an initial blast before the long, slow reverence it deserves. Meanwhile, back at the Ranch, the surrender to the inevitable begins. Furniture going in trips to the tip- amazed how much our boys can fit into Harry the elderly (54 reg, top, top playya; Sarnd, you seen me golfing socks?) RR- plus skips to fill. Initially to make this place work but eye on the next downsize to a dinky bungalow. The original garage here - will be my gym - piled high with boxes of delights. 15 bottles of wine we forgot about, as you do. BIL's Laithwaites Christmas present from way back packed in with New Cambridge Modern History books - who knew? I assume the Malbec will work ok with beef. Whole case (16) of Virgin wine neither of us remember buying. @geefull , great art yesterday, good news that engineer came promptly and that coating sounds good. @Krystyna23040 if venturing out today take it easy - card sourced so no shed dwelling this year. Let's be 'avin ya but safely, eh.
Edit: 19 bottles of wine:arghh:

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all

4.5 today

View attachment 48965
Winner for getting elec problems fixed so fast. Winner for lovely summer seaside hill top painting, Summer Indeed and well painted Oxeye Dasies and foreground grasses. Reminds me of so many holidays on warm cliff paths.