Neuropathy.

conniecar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So after 45 years I do believe the great neuropathy has got me, either that or coeliac disease undiagnosed for years hasn’t helped. Sore toes, prickly skin, tingles, can walk for 10 minutes. Saw a GP today who gave me cream for cracked heels and asked how much Gabapentin I wanted? Really is there no other way? I’ve not had a foot check for over a year like everyone but he said my pulses were ‘fantastic.’ He’s ordered a nerve test. My calves are tight and everything is just hard work. Last time I had all the opiates I could sell in my local park they made a horrible contrast with my epilepsy medication and I didn’t know who I was. Anyone any clues as to what I can do? I had blood tests today to look at the usual B12, iron, Hba1c , thyroid as I’m on thyroxine too. Off to bed feeling a bit miserable as my gorgeous mum in law has cancer and Alzheimer’s and is going to the hospice. Bleurgh. I couldn’t give a stuff who Harry and William stand with at their grandad’s funeral - put a Corgi between them and fight it out. X

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Connie, I am sorry. :(
Such a blow about your MIL.
We have a family member who will be making the same journey in the next few months, for very similar reasons.
I am dreading it, and I will feel just like you do now.
Have a hug.

conniecar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you :( ️ I can’t be bothered with all of my health rubbish when we will be losing the best MIL.... Just fed up and wanted to rant so thanks for the hug. Xxxx

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
SEnding you both love and hugs. I'm so sorry Connie that your mum in law is so poorly, and that you're facing a hard time too Brunneria. It's such a horrible time when we're faced with losing someone we love so much, and nothing can ever really prepare you for it. Take care both of you xx

Reactions: EllieM

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
When I had this in both my fingers and feet, I did what you're not meant to and walked and walked. I am not sure this would work for you, but I was trying to drive the sugar out. I had athletes foot and the dog always wanted to try to lick my feet - must have smelt the sugar. This any lower carb eventually worked (for loads of my complications). As a T1 I am not sure of the efficacy, but in responding to the question, walking (in pain and through it) worked.

Reactions: oldgreymare

conniecar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Anyone think it’s not neuropathy? Can’t walk at all today. Only had phone consultations from the podiatrist who said it’s ‘structural.’ Am very foggy brained at the moment so wondering if it’s a vitamin thing too. Waiting for blood results. Thinking of going private for a diagnosis booked acupuncture as it worked on my neck. Anyone positive results on that?

kvetiny

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was prescribed gabapentin for my feet and legs. Not sure what the problem is yet. Been referred for conduction test to look at my nerves. Just waiting for the medication to kick in and help with the pain. Just seems a coincidence I have had this problem since I got Covid.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Funny toes, rashes prickly skin and fatigue are all covid/long covid signs...

I also got itchy, flaky skin when dropping carbs very quickly