Did I faint or am I just clumsy?

Budgiebudge

I was just diagnosed with T1D last year, the dreaded 2020, this is my first post and I just feel like I need to ask other Diabetics about this to see if I’m worried over nothing.

A while after eating my breakfast I checked my BS and it was at 2.9, I took one of my glucose drinks and I don’t know how but I fell asleep. I woke up on the ground beside my bed and I had apparently bitten my tongue pretty badly, it’s still quite painful.
I was completely turned around, head where my legs would be if I had just rolled off, blanket over me on the floor. There’s a small amount of blood, presumably from my tongue, on my bed down where my legs would have usually been.
Probably the funniest thing is that I had no memory of a a short while after checking and treating the hypo, my mum told me that I had brought in a plate of 3 rashers from the time she made some, I woke up to a plate with 2. I had apparently taken them and eaten one with absolutely no memory of doing so, I wasn’t even going to have any when she said she was making them.

I guess I’m just wondering if it’s possible to get very spacey during a hypo and have no memory of something you did, along with falling out of bed in the weirdest way possible. Could I have fainted or something? Or am I overreacting and I just fell out of bed for the first time in my life.The whole situation is pretty funny in my opinion but I’d really like to know if this is something that can happen or if I’m just a clumsy idiot. Who knows, maybe I have a second personality that’s trying to take over, and this fiend wanted rashers >:)

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have found if I drop really low and drop into a state of subconsciousness (where I can appear to be awake and can respond like I'm awake apparently) then yes my memory may just vanish (or possibly was just never stored) and I will never ever remember what happened in that time, so yes it can happen.

I did normally feel pretty shoddy afterwards.it must be said (luckily it's been a long time since that last happened)

Budgiebudge

I have found if I drop really low and drop into a state of subconsciousness (where I can appear to be awake and can respond like I'm awake apparently) then yes my memory may just vanish (or possibly was just never stored) and I will never ever remember what happened in that time, so yes it can happen.

I did normally feel pretty shoddy afterwards.it must be said (luckily it's been a long time since that last happened)

Dang good to know at least, pretty scary to think something like that can happen

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was just diagnosed with T1D last year, the dreaded 2020, this is my first post and I just feel like I need to ask other Diabetics about this to see if I’m worried over nothing.

A while after eating my breakfast I checked my BS and it was at 2.9, I took one of my glucose drinks and I don’t know how but I fell asleep. I woke up on the ground beside my bed and I had apparently bitten my tongue pretty badly, it’s still quite painful.
I was completely turned around, head where my legs would be if I had just rolled off, blanket over me on the floor. There’s a small amount of blood, presumably from my tongue, on my bed down where my legs would have usually been.
Probably the funniest thing is that I had no memory of a a short while after checking and treating the hypo, my mum told me that I had brought in a plate of 3 rashers from the time she made some, I woke up to a plate with 2. I had apparently taken them and eaten one with absolutely no memory of doing so, I wasn’t even going to have any when she said she was making them.

I guess I’m just wondering if it’s possible to get very spacey during a hypo and have no memory of something you did, along with falling out of bed in the weirdest way possible. Could I have fainted or something? Or am I overreacting and I just fell out of bed for the first time in my life.The whole situation is pretty funny in my opinion but I’d really like to know if this is something that can happen or if I’m just a clumsy idiot. Who knows, maybe I have a second personality that’s trying to take over, and this fiend wanted rashers >:)

Hi,

Sounds like you went on "auto pilot" treating the hypo. & it may have dropped further before what you treated it with brought you out?
Clumsy, I've quite often put my hand in the wrong coat pocket, opened the wrong cupboard door or the other day chomped on a foam ear defender briefly before realising it wasn't a jelly baby..

Maco

Type of diabetes
Type 1
From what you've said you could of lost consciousness. Ive had a few diabetic comas & on every occasion I've chewed huge lumps from my tongue. I had pools of blood both times but that's because I banged my head when I dropped.
As for the memory loss that's something that always happened with me as well, I remember the last time it happened paramedics needed to be called & they had to bring me round. I spent quite a while in a back of an ambulance before being put to bed. I can't recall any of it at all, just what my parents have told me.