What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
5.5 at 0600
10k run 0720-0830
6.7 still fasting immediately after run.

Family day today , beautiful weather , epic lunch in favourite local pub.

Now to unbox the new treadmill and see if we can assemble it.

oldnevada

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Sugar, in all it's iterations.
Hi, I had a nice surprise with my BG just before lunch. That being, I didn't have my komboglyze before breakfast (bran buds, 1 weetabix, almond milk) this morning. Yet to pick up my refill at the pharmacy. Well, my BG was an amazing 6.0 mmol/L. Having missed my morning dose, I'm just over the moon with that.

Last edited:

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
4.7 this morning at 0700 happy with that after 10k yesterday and perhaps an indicator of having bigger meal at lunchtime and low calorie, low carb almost breakfast style meal for dinner.

Off to work for a 10 hour shift that starts 0900 shortly.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.5 for me
FB_IMG_1616515310882.jpg

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Bit of a conundrum this morning - had Chinese last night followed by 4 chocs left over from Easter so fairly carby even for me so no surprise when I read a 6.0 then thought I’d try again - 4.9 followed by another check - 5.2 so I’m declaring best of three - 4.9!!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just scraped in to the 5s club with a 5.9 Ate dinner at nearly 10pm so I was expecting high.
@HeliGary 10k is seriously impressive, and is doing wonders for your BG, have you always enjoyed running?
@mojo37 and @hankjam such a shame about your phones, can you use the Abbot reader?
@JohnEGreen yes! Go for it, especially as you are getting your jab later on. It’ll be interesting to see and compare the data.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just scraped in to the 5s club with a 5.9 Ate dinner at nearly 10pm so I was expecting high.
@HeliGary 10k is seriously impressive, and is doing wonders for your BG, have you always enjoyed running?
@mojo37 and @hankjam such a shame about your phones, can you use the Abbot reader?
@JohnEGreen yes! Go for it, especially as you are getting your jab later on. It’ll be interesting to see and compare the data.
I didn't want to go to the added expense of buying a reader .:(

Reactions: DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Swipey gave an impressive range early doors: 2.9 initially, sleeping on rt arm; 3.7 next; few exercises and 5.6 - expected; ablutions, dressing, dogs, empty dishwasher, start beef high then lower for long slow cook - 4.6. That'll do. Finally throwing out furniture and unpacking (guess we stay for a while since 91 yo MIL has moved) - 19 bottles of wine suddenly appear- who knew we had those? how many more hidden away? Malbec with beef sounds ok. Good luck with runs, work and jabs.

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
Malbec with beef sounds ok. Good luck with runs, work and jabs.
Aw man, you’re just such a big-hearted spirit! At times, when I’ve gotten dispirited, you always pick me up. And yes Malbec. Me? I’d prefer a Rioja or Cote d Rhône..... yum.

Reactions: mojo37