What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
19 bottles of wine suddenly appear
Now thats a kind of surprise I would like to have... :p

In other news my body still seems to be undecided on whether the issue it has is resolved or not. I went for 4 miles of walk last night and slept to a happy reading of 4.9 only to wake up to a reading of 7.4 at 6AM that rose to 9.1 at 9AM so I went for a 2 miles walk with Magic and its down to 5.1 right now but rising... guess it might be because I did eat yesterday 230gms of chicken for dinner.

If I keep away from food and keep walking I guess BG reading will be better but soon enough I will disappear altogether given my waist size is at its lowest I have had in my entire adult life.

I will persevere in hope that the viral infection or whatever the hell it is will be out of my system sooner rather than later.

Have a great Sunday people. :)

Reactions: ert and mojo37

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Now thats a kind of surprise I would like to have... :p

In other news my body still seems to be undecided on whether the issue it has is resolved or not. I went for 4 miles of walk last night and slept to a happy reading of 4.9 only to wake up to a reading of 7.4 at 6AM that rose to 9.1 at 9AM so I went for a 2 miles walk with Magic and its down to 5.1 right now but rising... guess it might be because I did eat yesterday 230gms of chicken for dinner.

If I keep away from food and keep walking I guess BG reading will be better but soon enough I will disappear altogether given my waist size is at its lowest I have had in my entire adult life.

I will persevere in hope that the viral infection or whatever the hell it is will be out of my system sooner rather than later.

Have a great Sunday people. :)
Take it easy fella. Has a Dr checked you out? I seriously doubt you can out exercise "a virus". Quite the reverse I would think.

Reactions: ert

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
Just scraped in to the 5s club with a 5.9 Ate dinner at nearly 10pm so I was expecting high.
@HeliGary 10k is seriously impressive, and is doing wonders for your BG, have you always enjoyed running?
@mojo37 and @hankjam such a shame about your phones, can you use the Abbot reader?
@JohnEGreen yes! Go for it, especially as you are getting your jab later on. It’ll be interesting to see and compare the data.

I used to run a bit when I was 17-18, but without really taking any notice of times or distances.

I’ve tried a few times to take it up again recent years but I’ve always hurt joints and gone out too quick.

This time it’s more disciplined and I am reading a lot about it ,so hopefully learning from the mistakes of others without making all of them myself.

I wanted to get back out there this morning but didn’t based on reading and advice from experienced folk around me.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Take it easy fella. Has a Dr checked you out? I seriously doubt you can out exercise "a virus". Quite the reverse I would think.

getting a doctor to see me is a near impossibility given I dont have fever or a severe cold and cough... just the run of the mill variety cold and headache means I won't be getting to see a doctor... best I would get is a phone call with the triage nurse and she would tell me to take paracetamol so I just did not bother....

I do think you are right about resting... I just incorrectly assumed yesterday seeing decent readings that am OK now to resume my long walk... and seeing the happy tail wags from Magic I would say it was totally worth it :)

I will be resting now though...

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning, which is my happy spot.

Applied for Libre 2..... and was accepted, though it seems my Moto G7 is not able to do the magic.....:arghh:
My device isn't on the list either but the operating system behind the phone is and I have managed to download the app, so hoping things should work ok.

Last edited:

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
So, let me see..... 5.2 @ 4:45 (lousy night, shoulders still gnawing away at my being) then 6.9 @ 6:02. Ms Dawn Pheno reminding me I’m a DIABETIC! OK, already, I get it... sheesh o_O.... give me a break.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings one and all. 4.4 (Libre) @5.17 up to 5.4 by 7.20. I always find a rebound from red wine - 1 glass then often end up throwing rest away- the next day and often a slight rise in resting pulse. Also had red meat yesterday so ok I guess. Today is Julie's birthday (for exactly 2 months she is 2 years older than me:)) After 6 years we made an acceptable Yorkshire pudding. :woot::woot:

Last edited: