Does libre 2 take readings while asleep

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Provided you scan within 8 hours, you can see the graph on your reader without the need to log on to your account,

Hi there, yes, I do read my graphs etc on my reader and the numbers that I have scanned plus the averages & low glucose events and so on, but I meant the numbers the libre takes itself without the scanning? So the reader graph shows the 'line' that goes up and down but it's not accompanied by the actual numbers, if that makes sense.

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
So at the mo it’s saying 8.4 is within range.
Should I be changing it so anything over 8 is considered too high?
If so what ranges should I be using?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don’t believe you use the official LibreLink app.

Yep i do.. :) But my "go to" is xdrip.

2021-04-18 14.39.27.png

If using the official app, it is only updated when the sensor is scanned.
I understand, the sensor sends the data via Bluetooth but only uses it to decide whether to alert or not and then discards the data.
The 8 hour data store remains on the sensor until it is scanned via NFC.

Which is what i was suggesting regarding the NFC scan function. requoted below... Hope this helps clarify.

Hi,
it holds the BG data taken from interstitial fluid for the last 8 hours, then will overwrite as it goes..?
A little like the memory on a dash cam..

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there, yes, I do read my graphs etc on my reader and the numbers that I have scanned plus the averages & low glucose events and so on, but I meant the numbers the libre takes itself without the scanning? So the reader graph shows the 'line' that goes up and down but it's not accompanied by the actual numbers, if that makes sense.

Hi,

This is sorta what I find the official Libre app has missed out on.
Using an app like Xdrip or even Diabox, you can tap on a linear dot at any point on the graph & find out what your BG was at that particular point the reading was taken in time..? There's even a "widget" banner thing for the home & lockscreen.. (See my previous post pic.)