What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6.1 for me today. Almost no carbs yesterday as day spent at sons which turned out into a day of barbecue meals, fish, steak, chicken, peppers and cheese, far too much meat and all served with salads, son gets carried away not my idea of eating at barbecue :banghead: still good day lots of games with grandchildren and warm sun until leaving at 7pm.

Zoom meeting this afternoon with West Gallery Quire so other than that a day in the garden.

Keep safe make the day yours.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.8

My digital painting for today in ZenBrush3 and then Procreate...
CE4569BF-BDFE-4F7A-A01E-A54B376AD6CE.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, just a quick head over the parapet moment, a tale to bore you all with, due to time constraints I shall post later this afternoon, nothing bad or upsetting to those of a sensitive disposition.

Enjoy today, I have been given permission to enjoy today also....shock horror.
As Sylvester Stallone says or said I'll be back.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Up - late - best get a move on.
A couple of trees yesterday, seen in the park.
Hope that everyone is well. Catch up later - koffy!

upload_2021-4-18_9-48-2.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@lindisfel and others. Lateral flow tests reliability. It is Maths based so for all I know it may be all about holidays in the Masai Mara but you guys may be able to translate it into English. Cue a chubby fraudster, looking like a tramp saying see, I woz right - wibble, wibble. Even a stopped clock, eh.

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
@lindisfel and others. Lateral flow tests reliability. It is Maths based so for all I know it may be all about holidays in the Masai Mara but you guys may be able to translate it into English. Cue a chubby fraudster, looking like a tramp saying see, I woz right - wibble, wibble. Even a stopped clock, eh.
I think you should toss a coin 20x, if you get 20 heads in a row, self isolate!

lindisfel

Expert
Luckily there are no side effects so far apart from the mildly sore arm and slightly higher fbg. The nurse did say that the side effects were worse with the 2nd Pfizer dose but luckily it doesn't look like they will be for me. Fingers crossed.
My first and second fizzer were fine, its the AZ that my better half and youngest daughter had making them unwell for a week.
D.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all

4.5 today

a misty and windy morning followed by a sunny and warmish afternoon so quite a few people about in the village and walking on the beach :)

A bit of a stressful day today caused by mr gee discovering that the main incoming power fuse housing on the house power board was getting hot (hot enough to smell hot :().
We turned off everything we could and phoned the electricity supplier and thankfully an engineer appeared pretty quickly considering it's weekend. After we worked through all the tick sheet about covid etc. he brought his masked self into the house and replaced all the supplier side bits :joyful:

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@dunelm - your tree works nicely and coffee with your assistants sounds extra good ;)

@gennepher - a fine digital painting, it does give that magical feel and the colours are well chosen to suit the effect you were aiming for :)

@alf_Josiah - so far so good :D

@ianpspurs - I saw a youtube video today where someone used a mix of protein powder and ground parmesan as a 'breading/coating' to fry chicken fillet strips in, it looked good, he says it works for fish too. I might try it, it looks like an interesting idea.

art bit - I'm looking forward to summer ;)
View attachment 48965
Balmy summer day, well executed - dangling in front of our eyes in expectation of a great summer

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah, I can see lots of GCSE Maths and Statistics questions popping up to confuse the examined population in the future. Bayes’s theorem questions in the format P(A|B) = (P(B|A)P(A))/P(B) is a dead ringer for higher achieving students to get wrong on many occations, probably. “Are we adding or are we multiplying” is the usual cry.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think you should toss a coin 20x, if you get 20 heads in a row, self isolate!
Only if it’s a ‘fair’ coin - should we consider the gravitational effect of the moon though? I think it should be buttered toast.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
if venturing out today take it easy - card sourced so no shed dwelling this year. Let's be 'avin ya but safely, eh.
Edit: 19 bottles of wine:arghh:

Really great to find 19 bottles of wine.
I did sort of take it easy and did a slightly shorter walk than we normally do at Felbrigg hall of just over 4 miles. Then we sat outside in the sunshine drinking coffee and Mr K shared his sausage roll with the Labradors.

I had an interesting concoction of casein protein powder, psyllium husks, inulin, vanilla powder and water. I would have normally had pecan nuts and 100% chocolate but it would have been too high in fat as we are having some really delicious roasted shoulder of pork later.

Reactions: mojo37

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Really great to find 19 bottles of wine.
Enjoy the pork - shoulder is much better- and well done for taking it easy (for you). Yes, we really needed 19 more bottles of wine:banghead: The food fairy triumphed. Made a Yorkshire pudding that worked - higher protein, my idea.
75 gms keto flour
5 liquid egg whites
300 mls almond milk
3 eggs
Cooked in the beef fat.
It has only taken her 6 years - can't get the staff these days. Mr K will know the problem.;)
I ate about 1/6 (softest part:woot:) rest now safely in the dustbin.

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
Ah, I can see lots of GCSE Maths and Statistics questions popping up to confuse the examined population in the future. Bayes’s theorem questions in the format P(A|B) = (P(B|A)P(A))/P(B) is a dead ringer for higher achieving students to get wrong on many occations, probably. “Are we adding or are we multiplying” is the usual cry.
Its never been the same for me since they descredited BOMDAS!

Last edited: