What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
Dinner Chinese take away: crispy duck, 3 small pancakes, a smidge of sauce and veggies followed by peanut butter Carb Killa choc ice.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A busy morning getting our community hall ready for action again
Well deserved lunch of sausage, mushrooms and 1 tablespoon baked beans, 1 lc brownie with cream.
Dinner was a major fail in one part. We had planned blackened fish in salad wraps so I thought I'd try an lc coconut roti as my wrap, forgetting totally that I was missing one key ingredient (psyllium husks) and that I don't like coconut very much!
So by the time the first mix of dough reassembled sludge which I then tried to revive by adding : parmesan, an egg, herbs, pepper, more parmesan etc etc I ended up with fish and salad!
The savory thingy is still in the oven drying out to be used as 'breadcrumbs' in the future

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Many thanks for the kind thoughts everyone. Life is getting a little easier since we finally got the death certificate on Wednesday and everything is finally in place. It's an utter shambles here with everything centralised and that's before you take into account that another person with the same name, who lived in the same town passed a few hours before him (and they're with the same funeral parlour). Yes, they've been mixed up a few times. Anyway, finally got a confirmed date of next Thursday. Meantime, not surprisingly, I'm behind again.

Tuesday bed 7.2 FBG 6.8

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with Dairylea.
L. Nothing
D. 2 GF pork sausages, 1 fried egg and a broccoli souffle thing. A grenade white chocolate ice cream bar. I expected them to be sickly sweet but they're not. Actually quite pleasant. Pleased about that as I hate peanut butter.

I was up at brother's most of the afternoon trying to help sort out (or try to) some of the official side but we still didn't have a death certificate at this stage.

Wednesday bed 7.2 FBG 6.9

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with Dairylea (again!)
L. Nothing
D. Deli chicken breast with coleslaw, waldorf salad, boiled egg, mozzarella, lettuce, tomato and cucumber. SLC hot cross bun warm with butter.

I see they are keeping the hot cross bun but without the cross now Easter has passed.

Thursday No idea what was going on - bed 8.2 FBG 7.8

B. 2 slices SLC toast with egg mayo and usual TAG.
L. Nothing
D. Chicken salad thing again - basically same as yesterday but no boiled egg and no Hot cross bun. I did have another grenade ice cream bar though.

Friday bed 7.3 FBG 7 2

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with egg mayo.
L. Nothing
D. Stuck with the salad but switched to cold poached salmon, prawns and anchovies. Also had a blackcurrant & raspberry gin with diet lemonade.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch after boot camp was bacon, lettuce and avocado in a SLC roll.
Don’t remember having lunch.
Dinner, much later than I like, after a trip to the beach where 1 daughter swam, another daughter and 2 granddaughters arrived with their Shetland pony ( first time for daughter towing a horse box) and rode along the beach. Paul went with them to help with the coupling/ uncoupling of horse box. I just had Dennis the dog to take care of. Great fun all round.
Airfried pork chop with broccoli in blue cheese sauce when we got in and a couple of glasses of wine.

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Lunch was homemade beef burger with mushrooms and cheese.
Dinner was a steak with caeser salad, and a very small side of veggie fries as it was a Saturday treat. I also made a dessert from melted 90% chocolate and extra thick cream. It was very nice, but my blood sugar spiked to 7 and has stayed there overnight. I'm guessing the fat in the cream slowed the absorption of the carbs from the veggie fries down. Lesson learned, and I'm loving the Libre for giving me these insights!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hoping I have finished eating for today and won’t be tempted by a late night snack.
Had my 2nd Vacc this morning - super efficient as before. Home for locally caught dressed crab in a SLC roll.
Dinner, mid afternoon was 4 minute instant pot beef topside, with cauli cheese, buttered cabbage and green beans sautéed with flaked almonds. 2 glasses red.
Photo of beef attached (hopefully) Paul isn’t one for carving wafer thin slices!
@luceeloo I’m with you on the useful Libre insights. I started another one yesterday to monitor the vaccine effects (if any)

Edit to add, no photo, wouldn’t let me add it for some reason.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
Thinking of you @maglil55 never easy but terrible time for arranging funerals. I am sure you will check but my parents knew someone whose wife was delivered her husband to be open waked in her home who turned out to be a stranger with the same name and same undertaker.
Anyway had lunch of selection of cold meats, cheeses and salad prepared by youngest son in return for some gardening help. Its been a VERY long time anyone has prepared a meal for me (other than t/a). Supper will be selection of bbq meat (hopefully cooked by eldest son and Mr PM) accompanying salad etc will be down to me but it has been a very light day in the kitchen. Defo a gin & soda or two before. New favourite is Gordons White Peach which makes a subtle summery long drink.
@DJC3 how long do you cook the LoDough pizza for and at what temperature? I don’t like the sound of Fathead assuming the crust to be too thick so have never bothered.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
Thinking of you @maglil55 never easy but terrible time for arranging funerals. I am sure you will check but my parents knew someone whose wife was delivered her husband to be open waked in her home who turned out to be a stranger with the same name and same undertaker.
Anyway had lunch of selection of cold meats, cheeses and salad prepared by youngest son in return for some gardening help. Its been a VERY long time anyone has prepared a meal for me (other than t/a). Supper will be selection of bbq meat (hopefully cooked by eldest son and Mr PM) accompanying salad etc will be down to me but it has been a very light day in the kitchen. Defo a gin & soda or two before. New favourite is Gordons White Peach which makes a subtle summery long drink.
@DJC3 how long do you cook the LoDough pizza for and at what temperature? I don’t like the sound of Fathead assuming the crust to be too thick so have never bothered.

7-10 mins so very quick and easy. You have to make sure to spread the tomato sauce right to the edge or it’ll burn.
Sounds like you had a great day and your boys were spot on with choices of food for you.
My mouth has dropped open at the tale of the stranger in the open casket!!!

Reactions: maglil55

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7-10 mins so very quick and easy. You have to make sure to spread the tomato sauce right to the edge or it’ll burn.
Sounds like you had a great day and your boys were spot on with choices of food for you.
My mouth has dropped open at the tale of the stranger in the open casket!!!
As did mine but, nothing would surprise me here.

Reactions: DJC3

Onlinecaroline

Yesterday was OMAD. Had a five mile hike fasted and then the beautiful tomahawk with creamy spinach, mushrooms, mashed cauliflower and homemade Bernaise sauce. Followed by a DGF blondie and a bit of G and B mint chocolate.

Today - lunch was a carb zone wrap with tuna, Mayo and cheese and a few slices of smoked sausage.

Dinner - pork belly in sugar free bbq sauce, cabbage and cauliflower cheese. Followed by another DGF blondie because I can’t get enough of them!

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hoping I have finished eating for today and won’t be tempted by a late night snack.
Had my 2nd Vacc this morning - super efficient as before. Home for locally caught dressed crab in a SLC roll.
Dinner, mid afternoon was 4 minute instant pot beef topside, with cauli cheese, buttered cabbage and green beans sautéed with flaked almonds. 2 glasses red.
Photo of beef attached (hopefully) Paul isn’t one for carving wafer thin slices!
@luceeloo I’m with you on the useful Libre insights. I started another one yesterday to monitor the vaccine effects (if any)

Edit to add, no photo, wouldn’t let me add it for some reason.
What vaccine did you have? - good idea to monitor with Libre - please share if you notice an increase in BS my FBG was higher for weeks...

Reactions: DJC3

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Lunch was homemade beef burger with mushrooms and cheese.
Dinner was a steak with caeser salad, and a very small side of veggie fries as it was a Saturday treat. I also made a dessert from melted 90% chocolate and extra thick cream. It was very nice, but my blood sugar spiked to 7 and has stayed there overnight. I'm guessing the fat in the cream slowed the absorption of the carbs from the veggie fries down. Lesson learned, and I'm loving the Libre for giving me these insights!
It may have been the steak, some people report higher BS after having a steak and also in to the following day - I am lucky it doesn't raise mine at all

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday was OMAD. Had a five mile hike fasted and then the beautiful tomahawk with creamy spinach, mushrooms, mashed cauliflower and homemade Bernaise sauce. Followed by a DGF blondie and a bit of G and B mint chocolate.

Today - lunch was a carb zone wrap with tuna, Mayo and cheese and a few slices of smoked sausage.

Dinner - pork belly in sugar free bbq sauce, cabbage and cauliflower cheese. Followed by another DGF blondie because I can’t get enough of them!
Are the carb zone wraps nice?

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - 2 bacon sandwiches on slc bread. Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - low carb h/m lasagne. 2 slices slc toasted with garlic butter melted on top. Peanut butter & 90% lindtt melted in microwave with double cream poured over the top - yum

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am sorry I didn’t mean to be at all disrespectful.
Not disrespectful at all. I was referring to "here" as in Scotland not the forum. I should have been more clear. We've had horrendous issues because the numpties centralised everything. 5 days to get a death Certificate was the least of the problems! It had already crossed our minds the possibility of ending up with the wrong person.

Reactions: DJC3 and Antje77

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
woke really early which annoyed me as it was my first chance of a Sunday lie in for ages. And it makes me want breakfast grrr!
Ff greek with seeds and blueberries
L: camembert and lc soda bread
Baked an lc rhubarb cake for me and a real one for the boys.
Also, thinking how to sweeten rhubarb without using sweetner and read that mixing in strawberries can help, so cooked a batch in the oven while the cakes were baking.
When the stewed fruit came out it wasn't too runny and I remembered how very sweet the sugar free jellies are, so added a strawberry jelly to the cooked rhubarb and yay! a really nice different dessert, the sharp fruit and the oversweet jelly merged really well.

The main course was roast beef with cabbage, courgettes and carrots. 1 small Yorkshire.

Reactions: maglil55