What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

lindisfel

Expert
That is interesting. People around here are also reporting a lot more side effects with the AZ vaccine.

Apparently science is aware that using Adenovirus as a vector causes clotting problems. They used an Adenovirus as a vector in Canada to deliver genetic modifications to mice in the early 2000s and the mice had similar problems as humans have had recently.
The dead virus is used as a vector to deliver the spiked protein in the vaccination.

John Campbell had a video on this a few days ago on his channel.
He also claims the vaccinators are not always aspirating and could deliver the vaccine direct into a vein and not into the deltoid muscle.
My eldest reckons they always aspirate but I wasn't so sure when I had my pfizer jab.
D.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Enjoy the pork - shoulder is much better- and well done for taking it easy (for you). Yes, we really needed 19 more bottles of wine:banghead: The food fairy triumphed. Made a Yorkshire pudding that worked - higher protein, my idea.
75 gms keto flour
5 liquid egg whites
300 mls almond milk
3 eggs
Cooked in the beef fat.
It has only taken her 6 years - can't get the staff these days. Mr K will know the problem.;)
It sounds like your Yorkshire pudding was worth the 6 year wait.

I will pass your recipe on to Mr K. I was the chief cook for years and years but I am afraid that Mr K started watching Saturday kitchen and morphed from someone who couldn't boil an egg (and I am not exaggerating) to a very talented chef. He gradually took over my kitchen and now it is his kitchen.

Of course I am not complaining as it means that I can concentrate on teaching pilates - and the meals Mr K cooks are absolutely delicious.

Reactions: mojo37

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Apparently science is aware that using Adenovirus as a vector causes clotting problems. They used an Adenovirus as a vector in Canada to deliver genetic modifications to mice in the early 2000s and the mice had similar problems as humans have had recently.
The dead virus is used as a vector to deliver the spiked protein in the vaccination.

He also claims the vaccinators are not always aspirating and could deliver the vaccine direct into a vein and not into the deltoid muscle.
My eldest reckons they always aspirate but I wasn't so sure when I had my pfizer jab.
D.
That is very interesting about the Adenovirus.

Re: the issue of delivering the vaccine directly into a vein - I wonder if they deliver it into the deltoid because delivering it into a vein is more difficult.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
It sounds like your Yorkshire pudding was worth the 6 year wait.

I will pass your recipe on to Mr K. I was the chief cook for years and years but I am afraid that Mr K started watching Saturday kitchen and morphed from someone who couldn't boil an egg (and I am not exaggerating) to a very talented chef. He gradually took over my kitchen and now it is his kitchen.

Of course I am not complaining as it means that I can concentrate on teaching pilates - and the meals Mr K cooks are absolutely delicious.
That amount made a roasting pan full. I don't like thick Yorkshire or the mini ones - especially the abominations with which restaurants try to fob people orf. If I want cardboard, I'll order cardboard.

Last edited:
Reactions: jjraak

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, just a quick head over the parapet moment, a tale to bore you all with, due to time constraints I shall post later this afternoon, nothing bad or upsetting to those of a sensitive disposition.

Enjoy today, I have been given permission to enjoy today also....shock horror.
As Sylvester Stallone says or said I'll be back.

Good Afternoon fellow posters, painters and gamers, as me and me's said I'll be back.....
Blood sugars this morening were 4.8, well into my hypo range, but I had been given the day to put a long run in on my motorcycle, dilemma, drama and calculation time, so reduce the insulin dosage mainline on a couple of jelly babies and digestive biscuits + boiled eggs on low carb bread. Result.
Blood sugars were 8.6, safe and no dodgy feelings.

Bike out, gear on and off. Route if you are interested from Tilehurst Towers, down to the M4 then a gentle plod to the Bath turn off, into Bath then follow the A4 till Tilehurst Towers. This the 2nd of my acclimatisation rides after a long lay off. Total distance 142 miles, a little nippy weather-wise, but sitting in the sun drinking koffy near Calne in Wiltshire was lovely. This route took me past 2 white horses. Cherhill and on the edge of Marlborough.

For those who wonder about a level of 4.8, you are recommended not to drive below 5 and below 4 is illegal, this for insulin users.

I have also been given permission by Mrs J to slip out again tomorrow :) .

Enjoy this evening.

Edit forgot to add, riding a motorcycle over our roads, really messes with my pace counter on my phone, it appears I did nearly 5000 paces while riding on the A4 and approximately 1500 paces on the M4.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967 and DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Afternoon fellow posters, painters and gamers, as me and me's said I'll be back.....
Blood sugars this morening were 4.8, well into my hypo range, but I had been given the day to put a long run in on my motorcycle, dilemma, drama and calculation time, so reduce the insulin dosage mainline on a couple of jelly babies and digestive biscuits + boiled eggs on low carb bread. Result.

Bike out, gear on and off. Route if you are interested from Tilehurst Towers, down to the M4 then a gentle plod to the Bath turn off, into Bath then follow the A4 till Tilehurst Towers. This the 2nd of my acclimatisation rides after a long lay off. Total distance 142 miles, a little nippy weather-wise, but sitting in the sun drinking koffy near Calne in Wiltshire was lovely. This route took me past 2 white horses. Cherhill and on the edge of Marlborough.

For those who wonder about a level of 4.8, you are recommended not to drive below 5 and below 4 is illegal, this for insulin users.

Enjoy this evening.
Sounds as though words can't do justice to how good that ride felt and how much good it did you. Delighted for you.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Sounds as though words can't do justice to how good that ride felt and how much good it did you. Delighted for you.

Yes Ian, really good and thanks, now planning tomorrow's jaunt :) .

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.6 today

Sunday dinner at mum's as usual, good job we did a bit of grass cutting and strimming earlier in the week because it chucked it down this morning :D

special attraction for lunch today was an orange and cinnamon flavoured baked custard (ground almonds, double cream, water and egg), served with the first stewed rhubarb of the season both sweetened with truvia ;)

early rhubarb is one of the few benefits of sandy soil :hilarious:

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@alf_Josiah - good stuff, sounds like a fine ride :joyful:

@gennepher - splendid and striking bonsai style tree, very zen :)

@dunelm - I'm liking your park tree sketch, very effective early foliage :)

@Muddy Cyclist - Is zooming an effective way of meeting for that purpose? :)

art bit -
as with everything in life my new cold pressed paper has good points and things I need to learn to work around :D
It seems to hold the colour vibrancy a bit more, but, it doesn't allow me as much time to work with the paint on the surface. Perhaps it would do me good to try out a few more paper types?
current postings are still on the original paper type though.

I saw a youtube video where the artist was arguing that it's a good exercise to just splosh some paint on the paper sometimes, so here is that very thing, the nearest description would be abstract landscape I think,
(it goes without saying that his 'splosh' and mine are not in the same league ;):hilarious:)

upload_2021-4-18_19-58-46.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

lindisfel

Expert
Only if it’s a ‘fair’ coin - should we consider the gravitational effect of the moon though? I think it should be buttered toast.
In that case buttered toast would always come down with the butter facing the carpet! But one shouldn't do it on the equator because it wouldn't know which way to spin.

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

D.

Interesting @lindisfel

A fan of the vaccine here, but my niece is still suffering after a few weeks the after effects, and she was pro Vax too.

Curiosity got the better of me.
Was this the video you meant.
(Not watched as yet.. Will do later today)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@lindisfel and others. Lateral flow tests reliability. It is Maths based so for all I know it may be all about holidays in the Masai Mara but you guys may be able to translate it into English. Cue a chubby fraudster, looking like a tramp saying see, I woz right - wibble, wibble. Even a stopped clock, eh.

Probably because we seem in the wind, and hopefully not the storm here in the capital, all this talk of LFT & Surge testing has my attention

Article on BBC, mentions PCR testing at next stage after LFT, confirms in the region of 70%+ and upwards of cases (approx)

BBC News - Lateral-flow tests: What are the risks and benefits?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/56675624

While not perfect, I wonder just what else we can do, to be ahead of any next wave ?

As for mathematical equations, the clown can't even distinguish what a minute is..:rolleyes:

Be taking my maths lessons elsewhere, me thinks :banghead:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Enjoy this evening.

Edit forgot to add, riding a motorcycle over our roads, really messes with my pace counter on my phone, it appears I did nearly 5000 paces while riding on the A4 and approximately 1500 paces on the M4.
Sounds like a GREAT day out

Bet that blast, blew away a few cobwebs :D

Only a dog with its head out the window, truly understands that feeling ;):).

Good luck with the next wee jaunts, summer IS coming :happy::headphone:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Enjoy this evening.

Brilliant @alf_Josiah
I am so pleased for you
Have great fun today!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good evening all :)

4.6 today

Sunday dinner at mum's as usual, good job we did a bit of grass cutting and strimming earlier in the week because it chucked it down this morning :D

special attraction for lunch today was an orange and cinnamon flavoured baked custard (ground almonds, double cream, water and egg), served with the first stewed rhubarb of the season both sweetened with truvia ;)

early rhubarb is one of the few benefits of sandy soil :hilarious:

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@alf_Josiah - good stuff, sounds like a fine ride :joyful:

@gennepher - splendid and striking bonsai style tree, very zen :)

@dunelm - I'm liking your park tree sketch, very effective early foliage :)

@Muddy Cyclist - Is zooming an effective way of meeting for that purpose? :)

art bit -
as with everything in life my new cold pressed paper has good points and things I need to learn to work around :D
It seems to hold the colour vibrancy a bit more, but, it doesn't allow me as much time to work with the paint on the surface. Perhaps it would do me good to try out a few more paper types?
current postings are still on the original paper type though.

I saw a youtube video where the artist was arguing that it's a good exercise to just splosh some paint on the paper sometimes, so here is that very thing, the nearest description would be abstract landscape I think,
(it goes without saying that his 'splosh' and mine are not in the same league ;):hilarious:)

View attachment 48993
I am going to have to come to your restaurant @geefull
When may I make a booking....

Thanks for the painting compliment @geefull

I have lots of different paper types, and see your style changing with this one. You are having to work quicker with the restraints of the different paper properties. And I like it very much.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Interesting @lindisfel

A fan of the vaccine here, but my niece is still suffering after a few weeks the after effects, and she was pro Vax too.

Curiosity got the better of me.
Was this the video you meant.
(Not watched as yet.. Will do later today)

I watched that video @jjraak
but it was after my jab that I watched it.
However I had read of this stuff around it before I went for my jab.
So my thoughts were that if I wore a sleeveless vest, (and I wore a very warm jacket over it) that the nurse would have two hands available to administer my jab, instead of one hand trying to hold the sleeve up and the other hand trying to administer the injection single-handedly. So if you watch some videos of the nurses administering the vaccine, they are literally administering the injection single-handedly while the other hand is engaged in holding the sleeves up, even a very short sleeve. I didn't care who saw me, and the nurse used both hands to administer my vaccine. And I believe that made a difference.