Covid 19 Jab

colcot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Bad manners, bad drivers, being diabetic, not being thin.
Anyone had similar happen to them. I had my first jab on 1st of February, afterwards I had flu systems and felt unwell for about 6 weeks until I had a week when I was really poorly then suddenly felt a lot better. Problem is my BG reading went up as they do when you are unwell, I have increased my insulin by 2 units morning and night but my numbers are still not coming down as they were prior and had been on a level for years prior to my jab.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You aren't alone.
Have a read of this thread.
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/covid-vaccine-and-extremely-high-blood-sugars.179998/
It looks (to my non-medically qualified eye) as if the jab puts your body through a simulation of what a case of mild covid would be like, which includes all sorts of different symptoms and an increase in insulin resistance as your body ramps up its immune system in case it ever meets a real case of covid.

Personally, I would much rather have the jab symptoms than the actual covid symptoms, which may be much more severe.

Reactions: lovinglife

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree with @Brunneria - it knocked me off my feet for a couple of days - I remember thinking good grief if this is what the jab has done to me imagine how I’d be if I got actual Covid, due my second jab anytime now and can’t wait

smcc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had my first dose of the AZ vaccine on Feb 6 and the second two days ago. I had no physical upset with either, nor any BG changes after the first, but my BG levels have been high since yesterday morning despite increasing both basal and pre-meal insulin. I assume that this is due to the vaccine and that it will settle in time.

Last edited:

colcot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Bad manners, bad drivers, being diabetic, not being thin.
You aren't alone.
Have a read of this thread.
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/covid-vaccine-and-extremely-high-blood-sugars.179998/
It looks (to my non-medically qualified eye) as if the jab puts your body through a simulation of what a case of mild covid would be like, which includes all sorts of different symptoms and an increase in insulin resistance as your body ramps up its immune system in case it ever meets a real case of covid.

Personally, I would much rather have the jab symptoms than the actual covid symptoms, which may be much more severe.
Thank you, it does look as though it could be just to the injection. I had my second one today and fearing the BG as it is still up from the first injection. I did inform the yellow card system.

Reactions: Brunneria