What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Two fried eggs with mushrooms for lunch.
Beef chilli with a nachos recipe off a keto site... wouldn't bother with the nachos again... I think I need to give up on these keto replacement recipes!

Reactions: maglil55

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Saturday bed 6.9 FBG 6.7.

B. TAG and 2 slices SLC toast with ox tongue and egg mayo.
L. Nothing out shopping.
D. One of my Italian tripe dishes from the freezer. One of these grenade ice cream bars.

Sunday bed 6.8 FBG 6.6

B. TAG and 2 slices SLC toast with ox tongue and egg mayo.
L. Nothing
D. Usual campari and soda. Pork chop with a rathe nice side dish I found when going through my many, many, many cookery magazines! Aubergine, halloumi and harissa bake. I've added to my CMT.

https://www.copymethat.com/r/h6FB0rhyI/aubergine-halloumi-harissa-skillet-bake/

It serves 2 as a main course or 4 portions as a side.

Monday bed 7.9 FBG 7.7

Heck of a day. Pressure washer sprung a leak. We did track it down and spare part ordered. Dishwasher broken down and fridge freezer being weird. Ever had a freezer where the ice maker - ice is melting and the rest of the freezer is frozen solid. What else could possibly go wrong??

B. TAG
L. Nothing
D. Wondered why I was hungry and it dawned on me I was so tied up with one disaster after another I'd forgotten to eat.
Chicken breast chasseur and the remains of the aubergine, halloumi and harissa thingy from yesterday. 2 squares 85% (since my remaining grenade ice cream bars melted in my weird freezer) - nothing else- just ice cream.

Tuesday - today bed 7 FBG 7.1

A rushing about day. School is back and grandson No 1 added another 10 mins onto his at school time. We're creeping closer to lunchtime. Straight to the chiropodist, then to a shop to get lunch for grandson, back to pick up grandson, home to give him lunch then joy!! Friend that does my hair phoned to ask if she could come in the next 30 mins. Hair now coloured and cut again! I no longer have hair like a longer Boris style.

B. TAG no time for anything else.
L. Another TAG and a lotus biscuit.
D. Chicken escalope with a courgette carbonara. Believe it or not, I bought more grenade ice cream bars, put them elsewhere in the freezer, and they were so frozen I had to let one thaw a bit before I could eat one. Ice is still melting though.

Still had to pick up some lunch for tomorrow for grandson and pick up meds which I had to wait for even although I'd ordered them a week ago. Still got to go to recycling again too with the latest batch from Operation Clearout.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Looks like I found my joy in cooking again after days of feeling frustrated about having to eat without feeling like it or cooking, and not knowing what to buy at the supermarket so not going. (Yes, I know fasting is a thing, it's just not my thing. And besides, I know from experience not eating an evening meal means lots of midnight snacking :banghead:)

Yesterday I HAD to go for groceries, as there weren't any veggies left for the guinea pigs. My friend told me to simply go and buy whatever looked good and worry about the meals I'd make with it later. I have very good friends!

Today was string beans with an experimental cheese and onion sauce (bechamel based, still low carb on the whole meal) with a very stinky cheese I found at Lidl. Stinkier than Muenster or Limburger stinky! :hungry:
With it I had half of the other jalapeno burger with a shiitake side with soy sauce and chilli peppers. Very happy there's enough left of both the cheese sauce and the mushroom dish for another day!

175662123_10223341607562768_2972066531387444847_n.jpg

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Aubergine, halloumi and harissa bake. I've added to my CMT.
And I've copied it to my CMT :)
Do you think the monk fruit is essential? I have everything else at home, except the harissa, but I looked up a couple of recipes and it looks like I can easily make that with what I have in my kitchen as well :)

wouldn't bother with the nachos again... I think I need to give up on these keto replacement recipes!
have you tried making them from cheese? Just plain hard cheese, grated and microwaved for a couple of minutes or oven baked for a bit longer?

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Do you think the monk fruit is essential? I have everything else at home, except the harissa, but I looked up a couple of recipes and it looks like I can easily make that with what I have in my kitchen as well :)

have you tried making them from cheese? Just plain hard cheese, grated and microwaved for a couple of minutes or oven baked for a bit longer?

That's exactly what I did, haha! It's not my bag. I think I'd rather just have the grated cheese melted on top of my chilli instead :)

Reactions: Antje77

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

It's a tiny amount so, No I doubt it's essential.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all, I’m feeling oddly fatigued after second vaccine Sunday, hope it’ll pass soon as it’s annoying.
Dog walk this morning, not as far as I’d usually go and with plenty of stops to admire the scenery ( ie rest a bit) back home for lunch of airfried belly pork slice and 4.5 brined chicken wings. I love these and am indebted to @Goonergal for telling me about them.
Dinner to celebrate a birthday ( not mine) was a t/a from local American style diner: bacon cheese burger. Also a portion of chicken wings between us - not Nando’s by any chalk but ok.
@maglil55 that aubergine, Halloumi harissa thing sounds great. I’m heading to your CMT to check it out. I’ve lost track of time a bit but am I right in thinking the funeral is tomorrow?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
Dinner: tuna melts with cauliflower, broccoli, carrot and green beans followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate and raspberry granola.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Today's planned meal was the other half of the asparagus with mashed egg with butter and the other half of yesterday's jalapenoburger.
Free advice to all: If you halve a burger to save some for the next day, do not leave tomorrow's half on the countertop if you have cats.

Asparagus with buttery egg and a quick beetroot salad with halloumi is a fine meal as well :)
Especially if you don't fry the halloumi to the point of almost being burnt. Let's just say I've had the crispiest halloumi ever :D

I'll get a second chance tomorrow though, with the other half of the halloumi and the rest of yesterday's string beans with cheese sauce, so I'll try to do better!

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I didn't have anything interesting or exciting in the house for lunch, except the dog's dinner... Minced beef. So after I'd cooked hers up plain, I mixed some mushrooms and cheese in a portion for myself - and it made a delicious lunch.
Dinner was a chicken breast with cajun spices, and lots of green veg... beans, peas, asparagus, broccoli, topped with a knob of butter. Plain but lovely.
I've just made a large crustless quiche for lunch tomorrow and we literally only had eggs, cheese, and some low carb chipolatas left in the house. Tomorrow is my first day back in the office in over 6 months, so I needed to have something ready to take with me. A wedge of quiche, and some salad.
I am going shopping after work, otherwise, there'll be no dinner options at all tomorrow night.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I didn't have anything interesting or exciting in the house for lunch, except the dog's dinner... Minced beef. So after I'd cooked hers up plain, I mixed some mushrooms and cheese in a portion for myself -
Enjoying food together is always better than alone!
And especially better than the cat eating ALL of your meat without sharing :bag:.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
10:30 an egg, 30g cheese with some 90 sec bread
Then a moochy shop around Home Bargains. Felt normal. Nuts were on special. Bought a new mop (my first post lockdown solo outing, spending it in style ;))

D Fish with cheese sauce on a bed of spinach and wild garlic, carrots on the side. Boys had a few chips. 2 strawberries, 6 blue berries with cream

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bacon and eggs, and reheated leftover veggies for breakfast.
Cold chicken drumsticks for lunch, eaten on the run again.
Roast pickled pork, veggies, gravy.

Still no side effects from the covid vax.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@luceeloo I’ve grown to love minced beef. So versatile. Current favourite is frying it and adding fried eggs and a few onions. Sometimes a bit of cheese too, but I’m cutting down on dairy. A tin of corned beef does the same job too, with the eggs and onions. Seasoning to suit on either. It’s one of the most satiating meals I cook, and very inexpensive too.

Onlinecaroline

Lunch - left over garlic chicken tikka with some saag paneer. A Fatt Bar butter cookie.

Dinner - 3 smashed burger patties with some onion, Mayo, bacon and fake cheese all in an SLC roll. With 2 chicken wings in the side. Fatty and delicious!

Will probably have a DGF or chocolate with tea later.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all, I’m feeling oddly fatigued after second vaccine Sunday, hope it’ll pass soon as it’s annoying.
Dog walk this morning, not as far as I’d usually go and with plenty of stops to admire the scenery ( ie rest a bit) back home for lunch of airfried belly pork slice and 4.5 brined chicken wings. I love these and am indebted to @Goonergal for telling me about them.
Dinner to celebrate a birthday ( not mine) was a t/a from local American style diner: bacon cheese burger. Also a portion of chicken wings between us - not Nando’s by any chalk but ok.
@maglil55 that aubergine, Halloumi harissa thing sounds great. I’m heading to your CMT to check it out. I’ve lost track of time a bit but am I right in thinking the funeral is tomorrow?
You're correct. I'll put a story over on the parallel chat thread. It went off OK eventually but we were getting quite concerned about getting there!

Reactions: DJC3

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and chocolate chia pudding.
Dinner: tomato, mushroom and cheese omelette followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate and raspberry granola.