Heavy arms

SOTR

I have had 'heavy arms' for several weeks - upper arms sore and unable to raise them above shoulder level. Also painful to reach behind and put on a coat and pull it up my arms.
Do other people here suffer from this?
This was about the same time I got the Covid vaccine but I hesitate to link with it as (a) I am anything but an anti-vaxxer
(b) it affects both my arms!

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well Covid19 affected all of my body, including my upper arms, so it could be a reaction to the jab. I would speak to a doctor though as it could be something else. Is it just the upper arms, or is the actual shoulder joints as well?

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had this type of problem when I started statin therapy. My medical notes now carry a warning that I am statin allergic since I tried most of them in quick succession. The most likely cause I can think of is a cervical problem i.e. a neck problem especially if it is both arms. Maybe posture related,. Try manipulation or perhaps a visit to a chiropractor?

Not seen it reported as being diabetes-related.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
you need to see a doctor. There are many non diabetes related things it could be, such as double frozen shoulder.
We can't diagnose on here

SOTR

Thankyou for the replies. Agreed that we should not diagnose on here - was only asking if this was common in diabetics.

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Definitely see your GP. I suffer from shoulder problems when my vitamin D levels drop to the floor. Frozen shoulders are always the first symptom for me. But, it can be a symptom of many things.