Loving My Freestyle Libra 2 but have 1 problem

kerryh1

Well? Yer on an iPhone & L2 topic. So that covers the "right place." :)

I admire your tenacity regarding not giving up with the tech.

.. & welcome to the forum!

Back to your signal loss. Are you noticing any pattern? Could it be in a certain building or part of the building with other working Bluetooth or wireless devices?
Have you tried turning wifi off on your device, see it that helps resolve certain connection issues?
tried everything . it wont beat me like type1 has not :)

bobhurley57

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi everyone, I am hoping someone can help me with a problem I am having with my sensors and connection to my iphone.
I am now on my second 3 month batch of sensors, firstly let me just say the first 3 months batch worked perfectly and I found the whole sensor thing a real game changer. I knocked one of my first sensors off walking through a door which meant I only got 2 days use instead of 2 weeks, other then that its brilliant and now I know how to secure them properly.
Since picking up my second batch I can not get the alerts to work correctly and am now not being notified when I am going high or low. other then that all works perfect when I swipe but of course I need to know via me settings when I am going low before I actually become low, and same for when I am going high. If anyone has had the same problem could they please let me know? So we are singing off the same hyme sheet the, the red dotted lines on my grafts on the iphone are now not showing and this means I am not getting a night alarm if my sugars start go high. before they do. I am lucky as if I go low in the night my body knows the score and wakes me up sharpish. I cant seem to get a straight forward answer over here in Spain where I live so advise is most welcomed. Lastly are the freestyle and sensors free in UK as they are here in Spain? Many thanks and keep safe everyone. great website by the way as I only discovered it yesterday.

Mark, I read this article with much interest. I have an android phone but have exactly the same issues. Sometimes the sensors work fine and then simply stop giving the alarms. I rely on my Low BG alarm overnight and my wife also had it via Librelink. However we have both lost all alarms. I did delete the app and reinstall and that did bring the alarms back for a couple of weeks. I then put a new sensors on, it worked fine for 5 days and now again I have lost alarms. Did all the normal, Bluetooth on/off, cleared cache, turned phone on/off but no joy. Referred it to Abbott support here in Spain but have had no response. I don't want to delete the app again as you lose the current, up to 90 days, data. Be interested to hear how it is going with you now?

FantomPoet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I use the Libre 2 (self funded) and connect to it via DiaBox which connects vie Bluetooth with no problems. One issue is that the Libre app has to have alarms turned off to allow a third party Bluetooth connection. Diabox has several alarms which can be set including a rate of change which went off in the middle of the night making me think the world was ending ;-) You need to start the sensor with a reader or the libre app and then connect the Diabox. So the Diabox takes a reading every five minutes or you can set it for every one minute. I also scan the libre app at intervals to make sure I have all the data in there as it makes pretty graphs and reports for the DSN :)

UK T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use the Libre 2 (self funded) and connect to it via DiaBox which connects vie Bluetooth with no problems. One issue is that the Libre app has to have alarms turned off to allow a third party Bluetooth connection. Diabox has several alarms which can be set including a rate of change which went off in the middle of the night making me think the world was ending ;-) You need to start the sensor with a reader or the libre app and then connect the Diabox. So the Diabox takes a reading every five minutes or you can set it for every one minute. I also scan the libre app at intervals to make sure I have all the data in there as it makes pretty graphs and reports for the DSN :)
I was about to comment the same! I much prefer the alarm option in the Diabox app. The app isn't on official app stores because Abbott threatened legal action, bit I found it really easy to install and have found it really easy to use.

I have now disabled the Libre Link app's permission to access my location so that the app can't try to make a bluetooth connection with my libre 2 sensors. I then use the Libre Link app to activate a new sensor, scan after the 1hr warm up time, and scan at least once every 8 hrs so the data gets synced to Libre View and my diabetes clinic can access it so I can still get the sensors on prescription. Don't make my mistake and try to sync Diabox with Libre View because Abbott will threaten to block your account. I like the fact you can add notes in Libre Link.

Once activated I then scan using Diabox which so far has automatically connected to my libre 2 sensors via bluetooth. I think it turns the sensor into a basic CGM, as it syncs every minute for me, and tells me my glucose levels discretely along the top bar of my phone, and I've chosen to have a widget, and also have it discretely show on my lockscreen (just says eg. 5.4 Diabox so I don't think others would know what that means). You have more choice of alarm, and more features like choosing the alarm tone, duration, and a snooze function. Really happy with the app so far!

Lakeslover

I have been reading about diabox with libre 2 and it sounded interesting. So I thought I would give it a try.

I have an iPhone 11pro.

I have deactivated the Bluetooth on my libre app, and downloaded the app for iPhone without any problems.
However I just can’t see anywhere how I connect the sensor to diabox. The post above says scan.....but I can’t find anything in diabox where it says to scan the libre?

I must be missing something obvious, can anyone help?

UK T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been reading about diabox with libre 2 and it sounded interesting. So I thought I would give it a try.

I have an iPhone 11pro.

I have deactivated the Bluetooth on my libre app, and downloaded the app for iPhone without any problems.
However I just can’t see anywhere how I connect the sensor to diabox. The post above says scan.....but I can’t find anything in diabox where it says to scan the libre?

I must be missing something obvious, can anyone help?
If you go into settings, then there is a button called 'add bubble' select the top two options of 'Enable NFC simultaneously' and 'Libre 2 BT direct connect' and then scan your sensor like you would a libre 1. Might not connect during the first 12 hrs after you've activated the sensor (from what I've read of other user's experience) but I've never had this issue. Hope that helps!

GJD

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone, I am hoping someone can help me with a problem I am having with my sensors and connection to my iphone.
I am now on my second 3 month batch of sensors, firstly let me just say the first 3 months batch worked perfectly and I found the whole sensor thing a real game changer. I knocked one of my first sensors off walking through a door which meant I only got 2 days use instead of 2 weeks, other then that its brilliant and now I know how to secure them properly.
Since picking up my second batch I can not get the alerts to work correctly and am now not being notified when I am going high or low. other then that all works perfect when I swipe but of course I need to know via me settings when I am going low before I actually become low, and same for when I am going high. If anyone has had the same problem could they please let me know? So we are singing off the same hyme sheet the, the red dotted lines on my grafts on the iphone are now not showing and this means I am not getting a night alarm if my sugars start go high. before they do. I am lucky as if I go low in the night my body knows the score and wakes me up sharpish. I cant seem to get a straight forward answer over here in Spain where I live so advise is most welcomed. Lastly are the freestyle and sensors free in UK as they are here in Spain? Many thanks and keep safe everyone. great website by the way as I only discovered it yesterday.
Hi Mark, I, too, am suffering from lack of audible alarms on my iPhone when using a new sensor. I have reported this to Abbott but no reply yet. I am hoping that it is a faulty sensor and a new one will give audible alarms again. I've downloaded new software to no avail. I don't want to replace the sensor immediately because they are very expensive. To prevent nighttime hypos, I just make bedtime glucose reading be in the region of 9-12 mmol/ml

Lakeslover

If you go into settings, then there is a button called 'add bubble' select the top two options of 'Enable NFC simultaneously' and 'Libre 2 BT direct connect' and then scan your sensor like you would a libre 1. Might not connect during the first 12 hrs after you've activated the sensor (from what I've read of other user's experience) but I've never had this issue. Hope that helps!

I assume you mean settings in diabox. I don’t have that that option.

Lakeslover

i worked it out. I needed to change one setting from follower to master first. Then I got the enable blootooth and add bubble as you describe. I thought I’d document it in case anyone else has the same problem.

thank you for your help.

Reactions: UK T1