What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 finger prick (4.6 Libre but that’s always a lot lower first thing in the morning)
How are other 2nd vaxxers feeling? I’ve been very lethargic for a few days: can’t quite put my finger on it, I just don’t seem to have any energy.
@CotswoldsBloke that’s a stunning weight loss, well done!

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
7.2 - I really don’t know why I bother? - OK, I’ve knocked of a further 3 points from my HbA1c, which is why I’m bothering, but really? Give me a break with this rubbish diet..... moan, mumble, moan, mumble.....

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
7.2 - I really don’t know why I bother? - OK, I’ve knocked of a further 3 points from my HbA1c, which is why I’m bothering, but really? Give me a break with this rubbish diet..... moan, mumble, moan, mumble.....
Remember in Jan you were hoping to get into the high 4s and you achieved that in March with the 49 and considering you had Covid in between. That's a great result in my opinion. Definitely worth continuing.

Reactions: DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Amazing weight loss and fbg @CotswoldsBloke. @Estragon knocking 3 points off the A1c is what this is all about. I agree it is best not to dwell on the food choices required, for a whole host of reasons. @DJC3 hugs for the power failure. makes me apprehensive for next Tuesday. A dastardly 5.2 on Swipey for me. Shudder to think what Stabbo might be but this process is hideous enough without further discouragement.

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@PenguinMum & @Ryhia thank you so much for your support, I really was hoping for a more sustained lower 6s. Must be the serious of lousy nights. Getting “successful” daily numbers against my diet is my own way of dealing with this disease.
I empathise completely with that last sentence, many would. It can be a right pain when you are trying your best. Onwards hopefully better days ahead.

Reactions: ziggy_w and DJC3

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.7 early this morning. Only reason I can think of is the 2nd covid jab. Things have been a bit erratic since I had that two weeks ago. Though today despite the high fasting level I feel much better than I have for ages.
@Estragon , I feel your pain at the high fasting rates. Why we continue? We know the end goal is worth it.
This is just a time for plodding on.

Beelady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tripe and offal
I'm really struggling at the moment. This morning it was 13.3. In the last 10days the lowest was 10.1 and the highest was 15.3. I'm really worried about it. I know that I need to be more active but there are limitations due to CABG procedure in last July and a broken ankle at the start of the year. (2020)
I would describe my stress levels as huge due to husband having Alzheimers plus antagonistic texts from my estranged daughter in Australia. She has severe mental health issues and FND. And of course Covid is not helping any of us.
I just don't know where to turn.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 at 6AM and 6.6 just now at 09.50AM. All this while I am nearly 62 hours into fasting. I will continue this to 72 hours now and see how much lower it gets by tomorrow. Normally by 60 hours fasting my readings would start coming in 4s and 5s which is why I am certain that my body has not regained control yet.

Impressive results on weight loss @CotswoldsBloke and best of luck for the HbA1C results.

@Estragon I can relate to the frustration but like @Ryhia says we need to keep reminding ourselves of how much worse things were... at least that is what keeps me going otherwise the thoughts of "why bother" start playing tricks on my mind too.

@DJC3 and @Pipp hugs for the post COVID jab readings. I am fairly certain part of the reason for my recent higher readings is the first jab back on 27/02, and I am dreading how it will be after the second one on 15/05, but it is what it is, right. It's at times like these that the dialogue of Superintendent Hastings in "Line of Duty" is called for - "God give me strength"

Have a good day everyone. :)