low blood sugar question?

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Football, Rugby, Sweede, Parsnips, Beetroot
Today i went into town to post a parcel. I cycled into town, was fine with cycling but then a few mins later my eyesight got blurry so i tested and it was 1.4, i'm confused how i didn't recognize this before as that's very low. It took a while for it to go back into range but after eating 15 g and wating 15 mins then reapeating of carbs it went like this:

1.4-2.7-2.9-3.4-3.5- finally back in range 4.5. the weird thing is it doesn't ussually take that long to get back up. I did take some units of before lunch as i knew i was going to cycle. So i don't even know what caused it.

Another thing is when i'm volunteering at my animal park. I rarely recognize when my blood is low as it always happens right before our lunch break weirdly.

A couple of years back i used to recognize hypos very well but i don't as much unless they get below 2.5. I have been diabetic type 1 since i was 7 years old (now i'm 22). I i stopped getting hypos a few months back till this week. Does this mean i'm loosing awareness of hypos and is that possible over the years? because i don't get why when 1. it was 1.4 today, i only realised as my eyesight got slightly blurry and when i've had low blood sugar at my volunteering i never recognize any of the symptomps especially as i used to.

anyone know why these things are happening?

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Sounds to me like you were lucky there. On the odd occasion I've gone just <2 I've been totally incoherent and certainly not able to cycle, possibly even stand.

You need to get on top of that. Maybe speak to your DN or GP about Libre or similar.

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Football, Rugby, Sweede, Parsnips, Beetroot
Sounds to me like you were lucky there. On the odd occasion I've gone just <2 I've been totally incoherent and certainly not able to cycle, possibly even stand.

You need to get on top of that. Maybe speak to your DN or GP about Libre or similar.

i know that's even odder for me as the last time my blood was under 2.5 which was before today and before lockdown i was with my friend, i didn't realise, he forgot i was T1D, i was walking around and my ankles just got very weak to the point i kept falling over. That's when i realised that day my blood was lower.

i've got a feeling mabye i've been low recently after a lot of inactivity due to lockdown and suddenly being active again as i'm back at everything? as even though i sorted it earlier i came low again and i havent been doing any excersize since i got home. Probably