What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome @WilliamWindle. Hugs for @Beelady @hankjam (poor sleep) @HeliGary (emergency rations only) @Tannith and @PenguinMum - scoreboard pressure. A savage 5.3 on Swipey for me. Vertiginous resting pulse implicated - what kind of clownshoe walks dogs in the forest for hours when tree pollen causes him issues? Great fbg @CotswoldsBloke. It's salmon avo salad day on the avo and fish salad diet calendar:woot: - can't really call my woe anything else.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning from sunny Somerset. Mixed bag for me this week - 5.2 Tues, 4.8 Weds, 5.1 yesterday and 6.1 today. Can’t remember that last time I was in the sixes but I had my second COVID jab yesterday afternoon so think that may be the culprit!

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Today is going to be a good day today I reckon. 5.4 this morning:)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome @WilliamWindle. Hugs for @Beelady @hankjam (poor sleep) @HeliGary (emergency rations only) @Tannith and @PenguinMum - scoreboard pressure. A savage 5.3 on Swipey for me. Vertiginous resting pulse implicated - what kind of clownshoe walks dogs in the forest for hours when tree pollen causes him issues? Great fbg @CotswoldsBloke. It's salmon avo salad day on the avo and fish salad diet calendar:woot: - can't really call my woe anything else.
Enjoy SSAS day Ian. Maybe a glass of dry white to give Swipey something to think about :)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

Haven't posted for a couples of days, so my numbers for the last four days were: 4.8, 5.4, 4.9 and 5.3.

@ianpspurs and @DJC3 -- Thanks for your kind thoughts on the all-nighters. Just tying up some odds and ends and I'm all caught up. It's all be virtual teaching via Zoom until the end of the semester in June, but I have hopes for the new semester starting in October.
@ianpspurs -- Happy belated birthday to Julie.
@DJC3 -- Hugs for the sciatica and the general feeling of lethargy. Are you feeling any better by now?
@DJC3, @Daphne917 and @Pipp -- Hugs for the COVID jabs and the associated impact on blood sugars.
@Beelady -- Hugs for all the stress and the higher than desired fasting levels.
@WilliamWindle, @kvetiny, @JMcB, @Covlocks, @Denise Sheperd -- Welcome to the thread, all.
@CotswoldsBloke -- Welcome on hitting another milestone weight loss goal. Good luck on your HbA1c, even though I'm certain it will be great with your kind of fasting numbers
@HeliGary -- Keeping my fingers crossed for your HbA1c. 34 would be great.
@hankjam -- Hugs for the sleepless night.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pasha

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

Haven't posted for a couples of days, so my numbers for the last four days were: 4.8, 5.4, 4.9 and 5.3.

@ianpspurs and @DJC3 -- Thanks for your kind thoughts on the all-nighters. Just tying up some odds and ends and I'm all caught up. It's all be virtual teaching via Zoom until the end of the semester in June, but I have hopes for the new semester starting in October.
@DJC3 -- Hugs for the sciatica and the general feeling of lethargy. Are you feeling any better by now?
@DCJ3, @Daphne917 and @Pipp -- Hugs for the COVID jabs and the associated impact on blood sugars.
@WilliamWindle, @kvetiny, @JMcB, @Covlocks, @Denise Sheperd -- Welcome to the thread, all.
@CotswoldsBloke -- Welcome on hitting another milestone weight loss goal. Good luck on your HbA1c, even though I'm certain it will be great with your kind of fasting numbers
Julie says you are very kind and I agree.

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
Hello all,

@DCJ3, @Daphne917 and @Pipp -- Hugs for the COVID jabs and the associated impact on blood sugars.

Thank you, lab said 39 , I’ll take that.

Proves that the A1CNow and test kits are not identical, tests done within 10 minutes of each other.

Reactions: ert

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you, lab said 39 , I’ll take that.

Proves that the A1CNow and test kits are not identical, tests done within 10 minutes of each other.
Fantastic news @HeliGary. 116 to 39 in 5 months - stunning. Must be some kind of record but certainly something of which to be very proud.

Reactions: HeliGary

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
4.2 this morning. Hope you all are having a great Friday.

Reactions: karen8967

CotswoldsBloke

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello all,

@DJC3, @Daphne917 and @Pipp -- Hugs for the COVID jabs and the associated impact on blood sugars.

Thank you.

Congratulations to @HeliGary, that’s terrific news and I’ve just got my result and joined you in the thirties- 38 was my result. I’m bloody chuffed to bits.

Reactions: DJC3 and ert