What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Very glad your furniture polish wasn’t in the freezer @maglil55!

Seem to be going through a hungry phase at the moment.

Lunch was 12% mince fried with onions and 3 eggs.
Dinner was wild sockeye salmon cooked in the Instant Pot with lemon, unpasteurised butter, thyme, garlic and lemon salt. Not bad for a 5 minute dish. Followed up shortly after with 1 pork belly strip coated in chilli oil and salt, chopped into pieces and air fried.

84EB5FBB-6435-49E2-8A3B-3672A1536765.jpeg

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
yoga, errands including collecting new glasses and, joy of joy, trying on a top in a shop! Better still it fitted and was only a 10, don't think I've very been a 10 before!!

Lunch: bits of ham, cheese and pate with the midweek disaster of coconut roti toasted under the grill ( better!)
2 strawberries

An afternoon of weeding

D: 2 homemade burgers in lettuce wraps with a tomato and cucumber. Boy made and cooked . Food always tastes so much better when prepared by someone else.
A glass rose

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and a Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: coconut cappuccino and chocolate chia pudding.
Dinner Chinese take away: crispy duck, 3 small pancakes, a smidge of sauce and veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola

Onlinecaroline

Lunch if you can call it that was a few olives, a bit of cheese and a slice of Parma ham. Was hungry but not much choice in the service station.

5 mile walk

Dinner - Nando’s wings and halloumi plus a corn on the cob. I know they Tesco corn doesn’t spike me and I left a little of the Nando’s one, plus hadn’t really had anything else all day.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Brunch - greek yoghurt with mixed berries & a little double cream drizzled over the top. Mug of earl grey tea. 1 square Lindtt 90%

Dinner - Large mushroom & onion omlette and a few naughty chips. I am missing not having any DGF left but I have re-ordered tonight so will receive my "fix" early next week - they are so handy and addictive ...

Ordered more SLC but not sure if/when I will receive order as they have sent me an e-mail saying I have still to complete my order ... although I got a confirmation and order no. and as far as I am aware my payment went through fine ... so wait and see I suppose - I do love SLC but there always seems to be a drama with my orders - if it's not one thing it's another ...
The DGF Coconut & raspberry are delicious. My new favourite. I managed to claim 2 boxes on the Facebook group on Monday.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bacon and cheese omelette, reheated left over veggies.
Couple of those keto protein bars, half a dragon fruit with Greek yoghurt for lunch.
Roast rolled loin pork, green veggies, gravy.

My partner is going to try at making keto ANZAC biscuits today, we normally buy them from a supermarket but they are supposedly easy to make.

traditional-anzac-biscuits-101685-1.jpeg

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thursday bed 6.1 FBG 6.7. This was funeral day which was quite eventful between hoax bombs, almost falling and general chaos. Still got grandsons to school in the morning but Mum was doing the pick up as the eldest wanted to participate in the online funeral at home.
B. TAG and a slice of SLC toast.
L. Nothing - had been negotiating closed roads and police cordons due to the hoax bomb on way to funeral.
D. Much, much later (as I was changing TV, broadband and telephone suppliers in the afternoon) A Chinese type omelette with added mushroom, ham, prawns, onion, beansprouts and spinach. 2 plain ribs. It was actually way too much and I made matters worse by having a DGF coconut and raspberry. I did not have a good night's sleep.

I'd still picked up youngest grandson and dropped him home and Hubby asked me to get beer on the way back. I had intended to have a drink myself but I never did get around to it.

Friday bed 5.3 FBG 6.4

Usual pickup and off to school. Eldest decided he was remaining in school until 11.20 but, when I returned to get him, his teacher had to come and let me know he wasn't ready to leave because he was conducting a quiz with all the P6's which he'd put together with a classmate. Great step forward.
B. TAG and a slice of SLC toast with Dairylea
L. A SLC sandwich with prawns.
D. A bit of a mish mash. Scallops, bits of black pudding and mixed salad. A DGF coconut and raspberry.

Friday is half day at school and I was exhausted when I dropped the boys off - all afternoon and right to bedtime I kept falling asleep then waking for a short time. Typical too, when I dragged myself to bed, it took me about an hour to get back to sleep! Probably just the stress and I haven't been sleeping well.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Saturday bed 5.1 FBG 6

Son decided to go shopping early which was good as it gave me the afternoon in peace. I'm still tired but not falling asleep every 5 mins.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with egg mayo.
L. DGF coconut and raspberry and a sugar free vimto.
D. 4 airfried chicken drumsticks with a spicy rub and sour cream and chive dip. A grenade ice cream bar (which are still solid).

@Goonergal - I'm glad the furniture polish wasn't in the freezer too! The freezer is still being weird. Despite producing no ice since Wednesday, it started to do so today but it's still melting and producing a little river down the door which duely freezes again. Glad to say Hubby found the furniture polish - it was "hiding" behind the electric spiraliser.

Reactions: Riva_Roxaban

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My partner is going to try at making keto ANZAC biscuits today, we normally buy them from a supermarket but they are supposedly easy to make.
If they work, could you post the recipe please?
I'm struggling to find a good keto biscuit

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Had a lovely day today. The morning started with boot camp in the park followed by bacon butty (3rashers in buttered SLC roll)
Then took granddaughters to the beach as they wanted to join us in open water swimming. They had chips and hot chocolate from beach diner afterwards, I had black coffee but was very happy.
Back home for family supper: toad in the hole. Mine was made with Heck sausages and the lc Yorkshire pudding batter posted on here a few weeks back ( so sorry, I can’t remember who posted it - MrsT123 maybe?) anyway it worked a treat. Few glasses of wine also.
IMG_1619305001.506300.jpg

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
@maglil55 can’t believe the bomb hoax adding to such an emotional day. Good news about grandson settling at school. You must have been exhausted by the last few days.
I go back to Friday’s eats. brekkie as always a slice of HiLo toast, butter and lots of tea.
Lunch was mug of h/m green soup and Dr Almond bread & butter. Supper was selection of meat bbqd by eldest son accompanied by Greek Salad.. Made sure not to overeat this time. @Goonergal I was fascinated by your reasoning of effects of combining meat with cheese/fats. I don’t think I could give up salad and green veg with meat so could never go full carnivore or eat a big portion in a sitting.
Yesterday Saturday usual brekkie. Lunch was two thin slices of Dr Almond bread topped with egg mayo. Supper was Tandoori King Prawns and cauli Bhajee. One popadom with Gordons White Peach gin & soda half an hour before. This is my new fave gin tipple, very summery and good price. Today have just had usual brekkie. Lunch will likely be same as yesterday as lot of work in the garden so something quick & easy. Eldest son making Chicken Fajitas with soured cream, guacamole & salsa this evening so I will some without wrap and salad on side.
Two days off in the kitchen, all good.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Had a lovely day today. The morning started with boot camp in the park followed by bacon butty (3rashers in buttered SLC roll)
Then took granddaughters to the beach as they wanted to join us in open water swimming. They had chips and hot chocolate from beach diner afterwards, I had black coffee but was very happy.
Back home for family supper: toad in the hole. Mine was made with Heck sausages and the lc Yorkshire pudding batter posted on here a few weeks back ( so sorry, I can’t remember who posted it - MrsT123 maybe?) anyway it worked a treat. Few glasses of wine also. View attachment 49092
That look amazing....I think Ian posted a recipe for Yorkshires on the Fasting thread.

Onlinecaroline

Lunch - 3 eggs mashed with butter in a cup. 1 of the M and S sunflower seed crackers with some cheese.

Dinner - BBQ with chicken, frankfurters, chorizo, feta and a burger. Delicious! Probably have a DGF afterwards because it’s such a nice day

Newly diagnosed

Brave ape peanut butter porridge with 3 strawberries, lunch: 2x seeded crackers( homemade) with ham & cheese, 1 pack cheesies and a kind dark choc and almond bar. Tea: steak and salad, 1x grenade chocolate brownie carb killa bar.

Reactions: Mrs T 123 and MrsA2

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: some of the cauliflower cheese savory thing I make that I found at the back of the freezer. Its so handy to have something that can be eaten in the hand with nothing else

Lovely bluebell walk

L: some ham, some cheese, a tomato, some olives. A piece lc rhubarb cake

D: roast chicken, roasted cauliflower, cabbage. A rhubarb and strawberry jelly with cream.
1 glass wine

Reactions: maglil55

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
Dinner: roast chicken, one small roast potato, brussel sprouts and mange tout with gravy made from meat juices thickened with flax followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate and raspberry granola.

Reactions: maglil55

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sausages and eggs, tomatoes and left over veggies for breakfast.
Prawns and salad mix for lunch.
Dinner, we had rolled rib roast, green veggies, a couple of low carb potatoes, gravy.

We had our online shop delivery on Saturday, and we got a extra item we were not charged for a 2 kg frozen lasagna, it feeds ten people apparently. I will cut it up into six pieces with a saw later.

Tip: Make sure you spear all of the cherry tomatoes before cooking on high in a microwave, there are more seeds in one than stars in the sky. Hard to clean off as well :arghh: