Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Horrible People
Hi People,

First time poster, long time follower.

I’m looking at purchasing some Sensors and wondering do I pay VAT?

Seen a post from 2018 when searched, but might be a question already asked, so sorry if has been.

Would appreciate any help, as Dexcom is already expensive without the dreaded

Thanks

James

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi People,

First time poster, long time follower.

I’m looking at purchasing some Sensors and wondering do I pay VAT?

Seen a post from 2018 when searched, but might be a question already asked, so sorry if has been.

Would appreciate any help, as Dexcom is already expensive without the dreaded

Thanks

James

Hi, yep I know what you mean about the "dreaded, sharp inhale of breath through clenched teeth, you know what." ;)

As a type one you are indeed VAT excerpt on the likes of sensors. (There should be an option to declare being exempt?)
Up until very recently regarding purchases of the Libre, I signed a VAT exemption form kept on file at the chemist I purchased them from. Any pharmacist I haven't delt with before would ask & I would tell them I'm already on file. Job done.

Reactions: jahmoo

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
I think the Dexcom prices don’t include vat and if I remember rightly during the initial order or account setup you declare yourself as VAT exempt

Reactions: jahmoo

jahmoo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Horrible People
Thank you for your replies, much appreciated.

Ended up finding my way to Government Website on a VAT page, which confirmed I am exempt of any VAT.

Then filled in the part on Dexcom Store which saved me £31+. It still hurts but better than nothing