A load of balls ?

SirLance-alot

PLEASE DO NOT READ FURTHER IF YOU ARE OF A SENSITIVE OR EASILY OFFENDED NATURE :)

So, anyway. Since being diagnosed T2 a while ago, and starting on Metformin (2 x 500mg a day), I have noticed that my - well, Testicles, are aching. Every day, and all day. Not exactly throbbing so that I'm hopping round the room, but - well, just a gentle, noticeable ache.

Recognising that this is not a medical advice forum, and asking purely for the advice / experience of other gentlemen - is this normal, or at least, unsurprising ?

Thanks to all in advance :)

Kind Regards - Chris.

Reactions: coachanas

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
Welcome to the forum Chris
Definitely not normal and needs checking out as soon as possible

Reactions: SirLance-alot

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, get it checked out.

Someone I know, a few years ago, had something similar. Turned out to be an infection in a duct. One round of antibiotics and sorted. But of course, there are a number of other possibilities. Better safe than sorry, so get thee to a doctor.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Get it checked and a prostate exam as well. And for the nervous males sure to read this that shudder at the thought and not had one, it's nothing. Get on with it. :)

Last edited:

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I haven't had that problem since my honeymoon and it wasn't diabetes related. If you haven't "lanced a lot" recently you should speak to a doctor as others have said.

SirLance-alot

Thanks everyone. Yes, of course I shall get it checked out - thanks for your encouragement in that regard. Mike - that's a slightly unexpected suggestion re the Prostate - do you know these things are related, or is that just good common sense general advice ? I'm not squeamish about such things - so I'll definitely bear it in mind, thanks. I suppose the essence of my question was - "Is this a known side-effect of Metformin, or perhaps a result of long-term high blood glucose ?". I was diagnosed about 3 months ago, but I don't know how long I've been T2 for. And since then have been on the Metformin plus a low carb diet (trying for Keto, but it's pretty hard going for a foodie like me.....) and my blood sugar seems to me (as a newbie) to be reasonably well controlled - Mr. P - yes, I do "Lance a lot" - for eg. on waking today, 7.7 mmol/L; 2 hours after breakfast - 7.1 (then had a fairly carb-y brunch) and 2 hours after that - 8.7. So I'm surprised that, given these (I think?) relatively normal figures, I'm having weird symptoms like aching knackers and (still) tingly toes ? I'm new to all this - does it just need a bit of time to bed in and calm down ? Thanks once again to all.

Last edited:

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Mike - that's a slightly unexpected suggestion re the Prostate - do you know these things are related, or is that just good common sense general advice ?

They can be ... certainly been linked before today. But kill two birds so to speak if you're in there anyway.

I'm sure you'll be fine :)

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks Mike - I'll get that organised. Only slight issue is - the Metformin also seems to make me very windy LOL :)
Just visit the same doctor who prescribed you the metformin and any special effects will be of their own doing :cool:.