Foot question

Maggie75

Hi everyone,

I have type 2 diabetes and just have a question about potential foot problems. I was helping to clean a friends house about a week ago after he was admitted to hospital and it was not good, he has MS and the house was a mess!! Anyway as a result I have ended up with flea bites on my legs and feet, they ones on my legs and 1 on my arm seem to be healing up nicely but I have 3 in a line on the inside of my foot which are driving me crazy with itch and look terrible. They don't seem to be getting better at all, should I be concerned with the T2, I know foot problems can be an issue. Also can anyone recommend anything to try to help them heal, I've tried antiseptic ointment but it's doing nothing. The itch is particularly bad at night. Last time I try to do a good deed...!! LOL.

Maggie

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Probably best to get them checked out. Calamine lotion might help with the itching in the meantime.

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sorry I know nothing about flea bites but the first thing that came to mind was antihistamines. I think you can get an antihistamine cream which might help the itching.

Reactions: oldgreymare

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
If you have anything on your foot which is showing signs of not healing (especially when other bites are) then you should go and have your feet checked out a.s.a.p.

Maggie75

Thanks for the replies, I'll speak to my diabetes nurse tomorrow if possible and try the antihistamine cream, hopefully that'll work.

Maggie

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Antihistamine cream always works for me!

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Piriton are over the counter tablets that help with most bites/itches, but do get it checked out too, being diabetic

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have not experienced flea bites but following a business trip a couple of years ago, i was covered in bed bug bites. Not pleasant and very itchy.
I found antihistamine cream as useful as smearing mayonnaise over my body. Antihistamine tablets helped a little more. Over the counter hayfever tablets are antihistamine and reduce itching of insect bites which have raised my histamine levels.