What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
A welcome 4.8 this morning although last night ate bread made myself a chicken burger with chips and ate popcorn ! Go figure

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

4.9 for today, 5.6 yesterday and 5.1 the day before yesterday.

@DJC3 and @Daphne917 -- Thanks for your encouragement. Heard back from my GP re my email on Monday. He said that I am no longer considered having a chronic condition as it is all "healed up." He offered putting me on a waiting list for the jab, though.

Last edited:

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
6.1 this morning, had to eat late last night as son ran into the side of a moving car when he got off the school bus, so spent a few hours in the local urgent care centre. He’s fine but he’s got a day off school today.

Just had diabetic nurse on the phone we are reducing my Metformin to 1 a day till next HbA1c check to see if I can get off them.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow @HeliGary hug for your son. 5.4 on Swipey for me- almost 2 hrs later, so not fbg per se, but that's no excuse. Still, throw that away at 11.00 pm tonight. 2nd vaxx around midday so I may not replace sensor for a while. My fish'n'avo salad diet won't change anytime soon. Salmon today for being a brave boy. Great fbg @CotswoldsBloke. Toodle Pip chums.

Last edited:

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
5.2 this morning. Evening now and have driven for 10 hours thru NSW. Been for an early evening walk and just having a great treat of 1 glass of shiraz before heading to the motel room. Breakfast of bacon and fried eggs. Assorted nuts and two milk coffees during the day with Chicken and salad for tea tonight. It was a wonderful drive thru the south west slopes, central west and the Liverpool plains finishing in the home of country at Tamworth and even went past the black stump.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5s less gluey zone.

5 truly is very less gluey zone comes back to 6s right away...although I was looking at graphs and I think the silver lining could be that the overall fluctuation, while I am in 6s for last two weeks, is quite less... yesterday for example it was pretty much a straight line. Still the 6s are very sticky indeed.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Hi and good morning all. My BG is confusing me over the last few days seem to have flipped from high FBG's to a bit/lot lower,
And I can't work out why.

at 04:21 this morning 3.8 then at 05:55 2.6 then back to 3.8 then 4.2 , an hour later 7.1 then 30 minutes later 3.6 and now 4.0 I really don't know what is going on.