Blood sugar

DCB 2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Carry out out pizza commercials on the TV and people bringing in a fresh box of glazed donuts to work !!! (They are evil)
Put simply... change what you eat.
I would add regular exercise is also an important component. Logging my daily blood sugar numbers helped me to understand how I responded to specific foods. Finally relax stress will effect the numbers as well

Good Luck

Dave

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well I think exercise is good for everyone but out of the 3 factors, 1. changing what you eat. 2. exercise and 3. relaxation, ONLY the first one will work in the absence of the other two.

Last edited:

DCB 2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Carry out out pizza commercials on the TV and people bringing in a fresh box of glazed donuts to work !!! (They are evil)
Well from my own experience exercise is critical part of how I manages my numbers. Last winter when storms knocked out power the only thing I could eat was carby food because I could not cook anything, The exercise provided me a buffer to deal with the situation. Secondly If do not like the numbers I take a walk.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well from my own experience exercise is critical part of how I manages my numbers. Last winter when storms knocked out power the only thing I could eat was carby food because I could not cook anything, The exercise provided me a buffer to deal with the situation. Secondly If do not like the numbers I take a walk.
Exercise is helpful sure but food is key.
Without dietary changes remission is far harder and probably impossible long term simply through exercise.

DCB 2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Exercise is helpful sure but food is key.
Without dietary changes remission is far harder and probably impossible long term simply through exercise.
With me exercise played a significant role when I lost 65 lbs I could not take glipizide because I was going hypo. The only choice I had was exercise. The point is that I believe in a comprehensive approach of diet and exercise. This is from the type 2 perspective, I know exercise tends to increase insulin sensitivity. In my opinion it is not either diet and exercise, it is both.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
With me exercise played a significant role when I lost 65 lbs I could not take glipizide because I was going hypo. The only choice I had was exercise. The point is that I believe in a comprehensive approach of diet and exercise. This is from the type 2 perspective, I know exercise tends to increase insulin sensitivity. In my opinion it is not either diet and exercise, it is both.

Of course people do whatever works for them (no judgement whatsoever) but if that was the case, then why do so many people put their diabetes into remission by diet only and NO exercise? I do a LOT of exercise, a 5 mile run at least 5 times a week so I am not knocking it at all, just saying many type 2s on here can/have achieved diabetes targets/remission even if they didn't exercise.

Last edited:

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So you didn't change your diet at all?

DCB 2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes I changed my diet as I said I took a comprehensive approach diet and exercise.

So it's hard to apportion benefits..
I didn't increase my exercise and yet lost over 100 pounds and put T2 into remission.. in fact because I lost the weight you could argue I now do less exercise as I don't have to transport those extra 100 pounds everywhere.