Covid vaccine

D

Deleted member 538891

Hi to all,

How many off you had the second Pfizer jab as mine is in May not looking forward to This at all as second supposed to be worse I am considering not having it.

Sparklebright62.

Peter03

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I am having my second phizer jab next week, I will let you know how I feel after it, although I suspect millions of people will have had their second phizer jab by next week if not already in the UK, I am in France so we are a bit behind the UK but catching up fast

kls5708

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I was a wee bit ill after. Flu like symptoms the next day but only lasted 10hours or so. Absolutely fine now, this was about 3 weeks ago.

Blood sugars did increase but they always will if you are unwell just lots of checks, fluids and increase basal.

I’d say the benefits of getting it outweigh those of not.

Reactions: Dudette1

Sophieg

I had my second one on Monday I felt ill for 48 hours but fell ok now I have also had covid last year and that was worse. It was after having covid that my diabetes was diagnosed.

kvetiny

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not sure if anyone has posted this so sorry if it has.
Has anyone had the vaccine? I’m not into all the conspiracy theories, I personally am worried because the vaccine hasn’t been out very long, with me been diabetic has it really been tested enough that they really know I won’t have a reaction or it won’t raise my big dangerously.
I’m lucky enough to be offered it and want to take it, just worried that if I ask doctor they will obviously tell me it’s for the best to take it. Sounds bad but I would feel better knowing ppl on here have had it and are fine or know of other diabetics that have had no issues, I know we are all different, and I know getting covid would be much worse, it’s just playing on my mind.

I had the vaccine back in January. Very sore arm for 2 days other than that I felt ok. It was the pfizer vaccine. 2nd jab due soon. Heard people are more symptomatic 2nd jab.

minervaT2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I did my second phizer jab yesterday. A little sore arm today and nothing else. I had only sore arm for a couple of days in my first one as well.

Dudette1

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bad attitude
How have people been feeling after going for their second dose for those who have had it please. I felt fine with my first dose, son wasn’t very well for the first few hours but was fine after. We go for our second jab on Friday, the Astra Zeneca, all these blood clot stories are making me conflicted

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
How have people been feeling after going for their second dose for those who have had it please. I felt fine with my first dose, son wasn’t very well for the first few hours but was fine after. We go for our second jab on Friday, the Astra Zeneca, all these blood clot stories are making me conflicted
Had the AZ second dose Friday, and have been fine apart from low blood sugars which are ongoing, but am so glad to have had it. Far better than getting Covid.

Peter03

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Had my second one a couble of weeks ago no real problems slightly high blood sugers not as bad as the first, I had the phizer jap but I know a lot of people who had the AZ jab with no problems

Dudette1

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bad attitude
Thanks for the reply guys..guess the benefits do out way the risks. Just my mind working overtime today.

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
We all do that sometimes. Hope you feel a bit less anxious about having the second dose. Take care.

Andy_Warlow

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cycling,
Has anyone had the AZ second Jab.

I felt like ****, headache, aches and pains and was tired for a couple of days. After the first one. Just wondering what peoples experience after the second one.

UK T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Has anyone had the AZ second Jab.

I felt like ****, headache, aches and pains and was tired for a couple of days. After the first one. Just wondering what peoples experience after the second one.
Hi, yes I had my second one a few weeks ago and had absolutely no side effects. Also had a fairly bad set of side effects after the first one (most only for about 48hrs, increased insulin requirements for about a week). So far noticed nothing after my second vaccine, roughly 3 weeks ago so I doubt I'll have any now any more! From what I've read most seem not to react after the second dose, hope this is the case for you too.

macabee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
People who think Diabetes is 'nothing much to worry about'
I have had both my jabs now [Astra Zeneca] 1st time a bit of a sore arm, 2nd nothing! To my knowledge, there is no causal link yet established, between blood clots and the vaccines.
As of 5th April 2021 The European Medicines Agency (EMA) confirmed that it has not found any causal link between blood clots and inoculation with the AstraZeneca (AZ) COVID-19 vaccine.

Carl40

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Had both, second was about a month ago. All good, felt like i'd been punched in the arm when I had the second.. was incredibly sleepy that night. Suffering from vitamin D deficiency but could tell the difference. Other than that, no issues. Wouldn't worry about it at all.

Was Pfizer btw.

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've had both AZ jabs. No reaction at all to the first. Felt a bit **** day after the second dose and also very cold. This all went away overnight.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I didn't have any reaction, not even a slightly sore arm, to the first or second AZ jab, my wife was the same with the Pfizer. I think we only hear from the few that do.