What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on mix and match sky scape here in the dark and confusingly dangerous north
The wonder wheel of roasted cauliflower and chicken soup came in at 4.4 this am

More vaccines at our GP surgery next month, 200 on 8th and 600+ on 22nd. Younger age groups and some 2nd jabs, what fun. Chipped a tooth so off to see the Painless Pole this morning - only called yesterday and after a list of Covid related questions got the quickest appointment time in the history of appointment times. A broom has been taken to the sky and already significantly more blue bits have been exposed.

Art bit - 2nd version of the nesting birds. Hope that everyone has a wonderful day. Time for koffy.

upload_2021-4-29_7-6-38.jpeg

Reactions: mojo37

lindisfel

Expert
White frost again this am in North Cumbria.
Bird migration is being held up all over Europe due to the cold.
Most of the Svalbard population of Barnacle Geese were on Rockcliffe Marsh yesterday waiting for the right winds to set off to Norway before moving further north when Svalbard weather clement enough.

If this is what we are going to get with less ice cover in the Arctic and change in the Atlantic Conveyor due on land ice melt, perhaps everyone will want to come to the UK to keep cool.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Back in the 5s again with a 5.3. Instead of getting some relaxation time yesterday I did lots and lots of admin. It is never ending. Read Saturday's 'i' and am on page 5 of Mondays. So today will relax and catch up with reading instead of doing admin. It is nice though to be so up to date with the admin.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Balancing the desire to keep carb intake low and disrupting family meals is a no win situation. You seem to have shown the wisdom of Solomon there but we on this forum will always see the lc choice as the right one. 2 meal days are a distant memory here. Waste of food, neither satiates nor controls my bg, You seem to have that well under control as well. Bet the Magnum tasted amazing.
If not for the looming Hba1c I might not have said anything...Or at least not much. Fish and chips is guaranteed to upset my stomach. One pizza and salad meal, not ideal. Occasional deviations from LC don't affect the three month average too badly.
But few days before test. Not a good idea.
I should have mentioned that Aunt had remembered I take cream in my coffee and that there was a plentiful supply of bacon, eggs and mushrooms, along with cheese and wine. Breakfast sorted :)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.2 today

shops were a bit busier this morning but not too bad :) We've dropped off mum's shopping and stashed ours away so that's done for this week.

Lovely skies today, very 'painterly' :D sunshine and rain clouds scudding across a blue sky.

When we got home mr gee got a phone call inviting him for his 2nd jab on Friday :joyful:

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@alf_Josiah - hope your 2nd jab settles well :)

@Muddy Cyclist - fine painting of Cader Idris, I like the way you bring colour in and the hints of the landscape in the distance work so well :)
Your next painting alreaady has a lovely light to it :joyful: I must have a go at trying your layering technique.
Glad your trip was successful :)

@gennepher - Interesting, I think I will get some 'Bockingford' to try it seems to have a reputation for being a good allrounder, perhaps try some 'Rough' textured :)
Hope you managed to get that deserved sleep :sorry:
You've painted a fine evocation of emotion in your painting today :)

art bit - Surprising the differences in how the various papers behave when you slap paint on them :D

View attachment 49137
Thank you.
Your landscape today is a smasher, capturing the magic and moodof such days. I like the hint of green on the hills and the light in the sky and clouds, brilliant.

Good news for Mr Gees second jab.

Reactions: jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on mix and match sky scape here in the dark and confusingly dangerous north
The wonder wheel of roasted cauliflower and chicken soup came in at 4.4 this am

More vaccines at our GP surgery next month, 200 on 8th and 600+ on 22nd. Younger age groups and some 2nd jabs, what fun. Chipped a tooth so off to see the Painless Pole this morning - only called yesterday and after a list of Covid related questions got the quickest appointment time in the history of appointment times. A broom has been taken to the sky and already significantly more blue bits have been exposed.

Art bit - 2nd version of the nesting birds. Hope that everyone has a wonderful day. Time for koffy.

View attachment 49151
Chipped Tooth or Tuth as we say down here, not good, winner for fast appointment.

Good second version of the nesting pair, I shall now have to scoot back through the posts to remind me of first.:)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6.5 for me with no idea why, certainly not a result of food intake yesterday if LC method is supposed to lower BG readings. I will probably be called for an HbA1c test in June and I'm getting concerned by these high fasting numbers, I'm also certain my feet are suffering, Mrs MC did some prodding of them and I failed to feel most areas she touched on the sole.

Tesco run and a day getting over yesterday's driving.

Keep safe and make the day special.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thursday again, seems to be a weekly occurrence these days. That's metrication for you. Some very Hunky Dorys this a.m. Great ROI from that roasted cauliflower and chicken soup @dunelm. Fantastic job on the admin, reading and fbg @Krystyna23040. I hope the HbA1c goes as well as you deserve @SlimLizzy. Thanks for the links @jjraak, interesting and helps explain the guy's huge chip on his shoulders. As Alan Clark said, he buys his own furniture. Wonderful landscape @geefull. Long drive @Muddy Cyclist but new musical instrument for Mrs M C must be a winner. You all deserve to be tagged and praised so I apologise for not explicitly so doing - I'm old and mentally feeble. No obvious reaction to 2nd jab except peeping under the bonnet via fitbit data. Maybe not 100% accurate but highlights trends. Pip Pip Old Toots - stay safe we're only drawing at half time.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.2 today

shops were a bit busier this morning but not too bad :) We've dropped off mum's shopping and stashed ours away so that's done for this week.

Lovely skies today, very 'painterly' :D sunshine and rain clouds scudding across a blue sky.

When we got home mr gee got a phone call inviting him for his 2nd jab on Friday :joyful:

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@alf_Josiah - hope your 2nd jab settles well :)

@Muddy Cyclist - fine painting of Cader Idris, I like the way you bring colour in and the hints of the landscape in the distance work so well :)
Your next painting alreaady has a lovely light to it :joyful: I must have a go at trying your layering technique.
Glad your trip was successful :)

@gennepher - Interesting, I think I will get some 'Bockingford' to try it seems to have a reputation for being a good allrounder, perhaps try some 'Rough' textured :)
Hope you managed to get that deserved sleep :sorry:
You've painted a fine evocation of emotion in your painting today :)

art bit - Surprising the differences in how the various papers behave when you slap paint on them :D

View attachment 49137
I really like your painting and the way you have captured the hazy sunlight.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6.5 for me with no idea why, certainly not a result of food intake yesterday if LC method is supposed to lower BG readings. I will probably be called for an HbA1c test in June and I'm getting concerned by these high fasting numbers, I'm also certain my feet are suffering, Mrs MC did some prodding of them and I failed to feel most areas she touched on the sole.

Tesco run and a day getting over yesterday's driving.

Keep safe and make the day special.
I'm sure your next HbA1c will be fine. " if LC method is supposed to lower BG readings." It is me that has lost faith, the rest of y'all ignore me and trust. That's an order.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7.15am FBG 5.7
Yesterday forgot to take FBG, rushing to get out for HbA1c...

@ianpspurs if result is what I deserve will be higher than I would like. With little exercise and many slip ups on LC it's unlikely to be good result.
Had to persuade the nurse I needed test "We don't do tests if you are normal". Last test Feb 2020 was indeed in normal range. Just about. She checked further back to find Prediabetic result before she would do the test. Nurse also took sample for cholesterol level check.
Results in a few days.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7.15am FBG 5.7
Yesterday forgot to take FBG, rushing to get out for HbA1c...

@ianpspurs if result is what I deserve will be higher than I would like. With little exercise and many slip ups on LC it's unlikely to be good result.
Had to persuade the nurse I needed test "We don't do tests if you are normal". Last test Feb 2020 was indeed in normal range. Just about. She checked further back to find Prediabetic result before she would do the test. Nurse also took sample for cholesterol level check.
Results in a few days.
You'll be fine. We've both been here long enough to know that for many people HbA1c is tangentially linked to what they deserve food wise. You deserve a medal for the way you have handled the trials and tribulations of the past year or so. Go girl.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and a special mention for @dunelm , fellow motorcyclIst with his emergency appointment at the tooth butcher good luck.

A 5.8 this morening on that scheming meter of mystery and deviousness.

2nd jab report, this morning seems to be OK, so far this morning me and me's have done 30 minutes of plinky plonky, gone for a walk and drunk tea and koffy, but not at the same time.

Well folks and me and me's hope you are well, if not have a few virtual hugs. If lucky today I shall be working on a big letter M for my granddaughter, an axe head for my grandson and a foot rest to go on a mobility scooter for a friend of mine who is a dwarf, he is also a very, very clever man and will have his own ideas, the design discussion should be fun.
Who said retirement was easy, they lied........

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers remember the stays and above all else stay away from the depressing media, there is enough doom and gloom in the world without our media making a depressing mountain over trivia.

It's me and me's turn to bark at the postman today, if time allows. Now time to sign out and get on with life.

Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Chipped Tooth or Tuth as we say down here, not good, winner for fast appointment.

Good second version of the nesting pair, I shall now have to scoot back through the posts to remind me of first.:)
Thank you @Muddy Cyclist - good luck with the search back.
Tuth or tooth now filled with more sawdust and glue but now a big hole in my wallet.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and a special mention for @dunelm , fellow motorcyclIst with his emergency appointment at the tooth butcher good luck.

A 5.8 this morening on that scheming meter of mystery and deviousness.

2nd jab report, this morning seems to be OK, so far this morning me and me's have done 30 minutes of plinky plonky, gone for a walk and drunk tea and koffy, but not at the same time.

Well folks and me and me's hope you are well, if not have a few virtual hugs. If lucky today I shall be working on a big letter M for my granddaughter, an axe head for my grandson and a foot rest to go on a mobility scooter for a friend of mine who is a dwarf, he is also a very, very clever man and will have his own ideas, the design discussion should be fun.
Who said retirement was easy, they lied........

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers remember the stays and above all else stay away from the depressing media, there is enough doom and gloom in the world without our media making a depressing mountain over trivia.

It's me and me's turn to bark at the postman today, if time allows. Now time to sign out and get on with life.
Thank you for your kind thoughts in the tooth department - I can report that my visit to The Painless Pole was going very well until it came to the bill - well, mortgage really.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Apologies if this is too much information.

Just back from my local GP for the remainder of the stitches to be taken out. The stitches and glue haven't held the wound together very well as it was as very jagged wound. The glue was sitting in the wound preventing healing so the nurse has had to dig it out. She has put an iodine dressing on it and prescribed antibiotics.

The nurse also photographed it on my phone so we can monitor its progress. Not the sort of photo to post on this forum.

lindisfel

Expert

Just back from my local GP for the remainder of the stitches to be taken out. The stitches and glue haven't held the wound together very well as it was as very jagged wound. The glue was sitting in the wound preventing healing so the nurse has had to dig it out. She has put an iodine dressing on it and prescribed antibiotics.

The nurse also photographed it on my phone so we can monitor its progress. Not the sort of photo to post on this forum.
Just the job to cure the squeamish!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @Muddy Cyclist - good luck with the search back.
Tuth or tooth now filled with more sawdust and glue but now a big hole in my wallet.
Glad the tooth is fixed. Pah, you'd only have paid tax on the money or frittered it away on wine, women and song;) Surely tax deductible or get a party donor to pay. It is all the rage.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Hug for the lack of healing. My female GP photographed the result of a spillage of chemo chemicals on Mr Floppy and wondered if I would like to forward it to horspital. She was astonished I declined. Any advance on that?

Last edited: