What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I find my most bottomless task is going to the chemists. Off there are soon as they open today. Nice reading )
i always leave going to the chemist at least a week after my prescription has been sent as you can guarantee its never ready sometimes i phone to check its ready and pharmacy says yes then you get there and its not :banghead: goodluck with exams x

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.5 this morning at 6AM and then I went for a 2.5 miles walk and all it came down to was 5.9 and that is where it continues to stay for the moment. It is after eating day though I just had a 2 hours window for eating.

Have a great day everyone. :)

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
8.4 couldn't sleep this night , only slept the last 3 hours ... so groggy ..having a day off ...

Reactions: DJC3

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.3 this morning it was according to the Libre2. I'm beginning to think that all my BG monitors do not measure anything they are just random number generators.
There's only about 1 teaspoon of sugar in the entire 8 pints of blood in a human adult (metrically that 4 gms in the average 70,000 grams of average adult weight)
I often wonder why we diabetics have to worry about changes of a tenth or less in that tiny amount as a proportion of the whole, and so its not surprising the meters and monitors vary so much. I'm amazed they work at all! And it doesn't help that bg seems to rise and fall within minutes if not seconds. Definitely trying to spot the changes to needle in a haystack

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
6.6 - Last night I made roasted Mediterranean veggies: Peppers of ALL colours+Courgettes+Aubergine+Red onion wedges and Anchovies.... and TWO Bread Rolls....And then I had a Banana. Yikes! Yup, I’m definitely a Diabetic.

@Estragon -- Fbgs are looking good lately. Really well done.
:)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.8 but I am a bit earlier than usual, still in bed.
@Estragon that is one of my fave meals minus the anchovies and I could easily get a 6 without the rolls and banana, so good going I say.
Yay for leaving the sticky sixes @PenguinMum . Anchovies and peppers are fine for me but I've never understood the point of aubergines. I'd say your fbg after bread rolls and banana is good @Estragon. 2nd salmon and avo salad day this week:woot:

Reactions: annabell1