Tropical climate and Libre 2 Freestyle

APACJoe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Just wanted to report that I’ve put my 2nd Libre 2 Freestyle on today since being in Sri Lanka. It’s **** hot and humid here and the chaps at Abbott were a tad worried the units would either:

•Not work due to heat
•Not survive the journey and storage as needs to be below 25%

So, in a nutshell they’re great. Yes, I get sweaty and oily, but pat with a towel and by end of night all OK.

They stay on and even when outside in the baking sun.

Once I took the old one off there was a smell though, the usual smell of trapped, wet skin…never a smell when in UK. But, cleaned with soap and some lotion and all OK.

I have cleaned new site with over the top alcohol wipes so to ensure good stick and no oil.

I’ll report back once I’ve finished this 14 days.

Next issue I face is Libre 2 is only available in UK/US and EU, I believe, so once I’m done with them here I’m back to the finger till my assignment finishes here.

Reactions: Antje77

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just wanted to report that I’ve put my 2nd Libre 2 Freestyle on today since being in Sri Lanka. It’s **** hot and humid here and the chaps at Abbott were a tad worried the units would either:

•Not work due to heat
•Not survive the journey and storage as needs to be below 25%

So, in a nutshell they’re great. Yes, I get sweaty and oily, but pat with a towel and by end of night all OK.

They stay on and even when outside in the baking sun.

Once I took the old one off there was a smell though, the usual smell of trapped, wet skin…never a smell when in UK. But, cleaned with soap and some lotion and all OK.

I have cleaned new site with over the top alcohol wipes so to ensure good stick and no oil.

I’ll report back once I’ve finished this 14 days.

Next issue I face is Libre 2 is only available in UK/US and EU, I believe, so once I’m done with them here I’m back to the finger till my assignment finishes here.

Hi,

Thanks for the report on the Libre extremes, "out in the field."

I Think I know the smell up you mean. I once contracted a finger infection traveling in India?
I gave up with the dressing, opting to be mindful of keeping my hand clean.

I wear my Libre under arm, but the plan at some point is to return for another backpack in India, then possibly Japan too.