What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Max68

The absolute best bought pate from a supermarket is this one from sainsburys. It's out of stock on the online shop currently but they usually have it in store.

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/gol-ui/product/pate-pate--fruity-chicken-120g?catalogId=10241&productId=519266&storeId=10151&langId=44&krypto=jSFRJ+uw3OReWFtELMGqyKJtwsflIMkEuHrDENXKPcQcHpaZRcSmwsYpZX17NhvtFwY2q82BLqV61S2PL/OVGQUjsKzrrzUw104FIEOyD+jvkFRzlntpZGZI1m//1KUYGf5eqOGQZmwrd6jI02qWrQg7Egl5Hldh6TqQv0ICMA+d8yTAvCkNf4fUdePl9IH+4geSIAQk7pCbfbjeDp9KfA==&ddkey=https:gb/groceries/pate-pate--fruity-chicken-120g

It's only 1.6g carbs per serving and it is the closest to home made pate I have ever tasted. They also do a duck pate and a salmon one. Not keen on the duck but the salmon one is excellent too.

Since I have been eating this hi lo bread my word I crave pate! I like the brussels or chicken liver that Sainsbury do, plus they are cheaper! Tried their new Buffalo Wings but not good, very bland, I'll stick with the Firecracker. I've really got to stop buying those Schar's Curvies though, they are my downfall!

BTW if anyone wants a nice lower carb bread, this is what I now use and I used to be a white bread freak. Goes really nicely as toast and all types of eggs, salmon and of course pate go beautifully. Only downside is it isn't really a bacon sandwich loaf!

Hi-Lo Seeded Medium Sliced Wholemeal Bread 400g | Sainsbury's (sainsburys.co.uk)

Reactions: muzza3 and maglil55

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast; Hi lo toast with butter, home made granola with almond milk
Brunch: Half a bacon sandwich with friend in temp outdoor cafe at Morrisons, Hungry when I got back, must be all the talking, so had three rollitos from morrisons new tapas range and a cracker. Fibre one protein bar from the stash my friend brought me (she shops in Tesco, the only stockists of the protein variety) It looked very furtive doing the swap over in the car park:shifty:
Dinner: half a lamb shank, green beans, carrots, home made gravy. Strawberries and cream. two squares of green and blacks mint velvet.

Chicken with butter and sage sauce was yum!

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Way behind again Sunday bed 5.8 FBG 6.1

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with Dairylea
L. Nothing
D. Gammon steak with a few peach bits, one of my broccoli/cauliflower souffle things, a green veg mix. A DGF Coconut and raspberry and my usual campari and soda.

@DJC3 & MrsA2 - I have developed a hunger streak too. Probably because I've had too much going on lately.

Monday bed 6.4 FBG 5.7

B. TAG - no time for anything else as Hubby was getting second jab today and he had to come with me to get the boys to school then a mad dive to the drive through vaccination centre.
L. Nothing
D. Last of the drumsticks air fried with chimichurri and a cheese and sour cream dip. Yet another DGF coconut & raspberry.

Tuesday bed 5.6 FBG 6.2

B. TAG no time again for anything else. Boys to school then straight to Physio. I needed it as I've really been suffering with my legs and vertigo coming and going.
L. Had to pick No 1 grandson up on return from Physio for home schooling but grabbed a bit of SLC toast with egg mayo.
D. Remains of a cold meat assortment I had in the fridge with a few santini tomatoes and a few veggie chips. DGF strawberry & cream and I had a grenade ice cream bar as well.

I'd also had a black tea and an alcohol free, lager at brother's house. Travelled up with Hubby as niece goes back to Australia on Friday from Manchester. We were there a while. All very emotional since, as she said, she's seen me more than once a week for the past 3 months so it will be odd not seeing us constantly. She's busy now getting her covid test ready to fly. We'd hoped quarantine might have been lifted by the time she returned but no such luck. 14 days in a hotel in Perth and when she "escapes" she'll still have another 4 hour flight to get to the east coast.

Newly diagnosed

The absolute best bought pate from a supermarket is this one from sainsburys. It's out of stock on the online shop currently but they usually have it in store.

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/gol-ui/product/pate-pate--fruity-chicken-120g?catalogId=10241&productId=519266&storeId=10151&langId=44&krypto=jSFRJ+uw3OReWFtELMGqyKJtwsflIMkEuHrDENXKPcQcHpaZRcSmwsYpZX17NhvtFwY2q82BLqV61S2PL/OVGQUjsKzrrzUw104FIEOyD+jvkFRzlntpZGZI1m//1KUYGf5eqOGQZmwrd6jI02qWrQg7Egl5Hldh6TqQv0ICMA+d8yTAvCkNf4fUdePl9IH+4geSIAQk7pCbfbjeDp9KfA==&ddkey=https:gb/groceries/pate-pate--fruity-chicken-120g

It's only 1.6g carbs per serving and it is the closest to home made pate I have ever tasted. They also do a duck pate and a salmon one. Not keen on the duck but the salmon one is excellent too.
Thank you @maglil55! Love finding foods I can eat!

Reactions: maglil55

Newly diagnosed

The usual peanut porridge with raspberries, lunch was 2x homemade seeded crackers, 2x portions of cheese and 2x slices of ham. 1x fibre one protein bar. Dinner: chicken breast marinaded in garlic, olive oil, chilli and paprika with a squeeze of fresh lime, serve with salad. Plus 1x dgf brookie!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and chocolate chia pudding.
Dinner: mushroom, cheese and tomato omelette followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate and raspberry granola.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you! I felt it might be better to bake it with a bit of oil first too. I’ll report back later with a photo if it goes well.
How did your haddock, aubergine and Jarlsberg gratin work out?

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wednesday 5.6 FBG 6

Did I mention, just to add to everything else that was going on, my dishwasher is kaput, and my freezer went weird. Dishwasher, fine, Hubby is washing by hand currently until I decide what I want. The big fridge freezer is another matter. Fridge is fine but the freezer part.....son reckons it's haunted. It stopped producing ice but the ice still in the caddy was melting, running down the inside of the freezer door and refreezing. I have stalactites on my freezer door! Most food remained frozen but the ice cream had to be ditched. Boys ice cream lollies were liquid inside. Engineer was coming in today and would you believe the ice caddy was full when we got up! Engineer really went over it but we're at the stage it could be a few things so we have to wait for it to go weird again! Boys ice creams are also so frozen they have to thaw a bit before they can bite them.

B. TAG
L. 2 slices of SLC bread with ox tongue and coleslaw.
D. Remains of yet more cold meats Hubby had yesterday, tomatoes and a cauliflower thingy. DGF blueberry and lemon.

Onlinecaroline

Another day for breakfast as work is mental the now - 3 eggs with butter mashed in a cup.

Lunch - 2 slices of SLC bread with Boursin, a lump of smoked sausage and a sugar free jelly.

Dinner - roast chicken, a mini corn on the cob, some cabbage and cauliflower cheese.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hubby is washing by hand currently until I decide what I want.
This sounds like the perfect solution really :D

Dinner was green beans and mushrooms with spicy pork belly pieces again :hungry:
I'm also in the process of making a new batch of chocolate and nut things to fill the freezer (waiting for it to set enough to be able to cut in pieces, but not set so much it will break everywhere).
This time with roasted walnuts, almonds and experimental pumpkin seeds. I noticed that according to the bag they were best before march 2020, so high time I used them :)
And yes, my mum's fruit bowl is put to good use for the au bain marie melting of the ingredients. It's perfect because it fits any pot!

upload_2021-4-29_22-5-29.png

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I fry them in a frying pan with a little olive oil. I also tend to slice them, put them on kitchen towel, salt them and leave them for a while. It draws liquid out. Rinse under a cold tap and pat dry.

Thank you. Makes sense to draw out as much moisture as poss if putting in a dish with a bit of sauce.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all, sorry haven't been on for a while. Was just a quick message to say thanks for all the support. After my HBA1c jumped up from 51 to 70 between July 20 and Feb 21 I had another check this week and it has dropped to 59 thanks to your support in helping me drop my carb intake and also doing my daily walk. It's far from perfect but if I've managed to get it down by 11 in just under three months I know I can get it down by at least another 11 by August. Hoped for better but at least it hasn't gone up! Know I can do better so onwards and upwards. Thanks again.

Well done you! Good to see you back.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Luckily my hungry 24 hours proved to be just that. No idea what caused it.

Skipped breakfast as straight into an exercise class followed by a walk with friends. This one we rested halfway at a pub for a garden lunch. I had burger with salad and left the bun. Very civilised albeit cold (weather I mean, not the burger) just munt tea to drink.

An lc hot chocolate when home again

D: newly invented cheesy mince layer bake. The layers were beef mince cooked with onions and a tin chopped tomatoes with layers of cabbage and slice edam cheese, sort of lasagne like without the pasta and with added cabbage.
An lc brownie and cream to finish

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
The layers were beef mince cooked with onions and a tin chopped tomatoes with layers of cabbage and slice edam cheese, sort of lasagne like without the pasta and with added cabbage.
Sounds quick, easy and tasty :)

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Way behind again Sunday bed 5.8 FBG 6.1
Travelled up with Hubby as niece goes back to Australia on Friday from Manchester. She's busy now getting her covid test ready to fly. We'd hoped quarantine might have been lifted by the time she returned but no such luck. 14 days in a hotel in Perth and when she "escapes" she'll still have another 4 hour flight to get to the east coast.

For future reference @maglil55 , never have a PERTH arrival point. I can say this with complete freedom given I live here. The Premier of that state is a total moron with strong totalitarian tendencies who thinks nothing of enforcing a state lockdown with little or no notice, all over a single case of covid.

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Finally home from the road trip

2 fried eggs and bacon
1 milk coffees
2 x almonds (6)
3 low carb beers (1.7gms each)
4 x red wine
Indian lamb cutlets, Bombay curry oops some naan and rice
Did walk 10km
BFG 5.0 ????

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Enjoying a little break away from home = no air fryer, but also very little food prep/clearing up :D

Lunch today was 3 chicken drumsticks - leftover from a raid of the Morrison’s ‘Market Kitchen’ rotisserie the night before and reheated.
Dinner was from Five Guys. Bunless bacon burger with grilled onions.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
FBG higher than I’d like this morning and continued rising after 1hr dog walk so had breakfast to see if that would stall it. Scrambled eggs did the trick.
Hair appointment at lunchtime hurrah! 9 months worth of locks cut off. Had a bit of a walk along the surprisingly empty Fistral beach which was glorious.
Starving when I finally got home so airfried a couple of belly pork slices ( from the half pig we got yesterday from a local farm) and a chicken thigh. While they were cooking I had a DGF cake and BG shot up again. I’d often thought I might be sensitive to these and I think I now have proof. Probably a good thing as I’m trying to recondition my sweet tooth, but a bit sad too.
Dinner, which I only ate half of as I’d not long finished lunch was a takeaway bacon cheeseburger. Rest of the family wanted a Friday night takeaway, I should have just declined really, such a waste.
(Had room for a glass of red wine though)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding with LC chocolate and raspberry granola.
Dinner: 2 x lamb kebabs, leafy salad, pork scratchings and coleslaw followed by a white chocolate Carb Killa choc ice.