Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) 

Carbon

Been feeling unwell for a while now, waking early but not knowing why... 6am then had pains in chest & middle of shoulders too..
Long story short, went to gp who sent me to hospital suspecting heart problems after ecg & bloods turns out it's ( gerd ) after nearly a week of taking nexium over the counter meds
It's not going so called again... in meantime got codine for pain... still feeling sick not able to eat much at all & not sleeping either, got prescribed lansoprazole 30mg then I feel better for one day so called work said I would be in next day but woke up feeling sick & really bad headache... took bloods after taking my tablet & was 7.2 usually 5 or 6 in mornings!
So reluctantly had to call in again sick... really want to get back to normal, is this a reaction with my other meds... ?
Got gp calling back... but be nice to hear from anyone in same position.
I'm 55 type 2 and on metform x2 a day atorvastatin & iron tablets for anaemia too.
Not keen on being on more tablets & have been watching what I eat too... mainly chicken & rice at moment.
Thanks.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I removed almost all carbs from my diet and my GERD disappeared almost overnight.
Might the rice be causing a problem?

Reactions: Carbon

zeeeee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I suffered with this for 25 years, one of the most unpleasant feelings having the camera rammed down your throat when they take a biopsy.

2 weeks of low carb/keto and it stopped and hasn’t returned and this was 15 months ago and not taken a lansoprazole since, it probably stopped sooner as I was so used to taking the tablets I just carried on with them.

I did read after when I did some investigating that the body can't absorb certain carbs so they ferment in your gut and this causes the acid reflux.

Last edited:

WAGR57

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You may want to listen to this guy on You Tube. He talks about how ACV helped him.
AC 1st video

AC 2nd video