What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.3 Today, so I appear stuck in the stickies again.
Good to see you out of the sixes @PenguinMum
I enjoy that roast veg meal too @Estragon - I had it yesterday for lunch, no anchovies or bread, but with grated Parmesan on top.
Great fbgs again @ziggy_w @Pasha and @Andydragon
Well I don’t know if I am. Woke at 0600 and got 5.8 stayed in bed another 90 mins tested again, 6.8. My usual time to get up and test is 0700 so I don’t actually know where I am. Might do this double testing for a few days or until it drives me mad!
@ianpspurs happy double SSAS day!

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.4 couldn't sleep this night , only slept the last 3 hours ... so groggy ..having a day off ...
That's how I was yesterday about 2 hrs sleep and an early shift felt awful all day caught up a bit today ...I'm stating the obvious but good sleep is so important .

Reactions: annabell1 and DJC3

OCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello! 5.6. First post. This thread is SUCH a great idea. I've been diagnosed for a a few months but only just starting the monitoring thing because I have a tendency to stray off track and forget I'm a diabetic. Hopefully this will give me incentive to stick to my diet/exercise resolve, as it's so nice to see such a strong community spirit to keep the numbers company. It's also great to see people on here who have been smashing it for years! Extremely encouraging.

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
Hello! 5.6. First post.
Well hello to you too! Welcome aboard. And yes, these aboard are a truly invaluable part of my Diabetic management, that, and having had a most EXCELLENT Doctor back in September 2019 who put me on Metformin and supplied me with Pricks ‘n Strips. Do read my signature and see what IS possible.

Keep posting, ;).

OCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well hello to you too! Welcome aboard. And yes, these aboard are a truly invaluable part of my Diabetic management, that, and having had a most EXCELLENT Doctor back in September 2019 who put me on Metformin and supplied me with Pricks ‘n Strips. Do read my signature and see what IS possible.

Keep posting, ;).

Thanks ! You’re doing great!

Reactions: annabell1 and Pipp

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well, what a night. Thought I would try boiled eggs with mayo for lunch yesterday. Not my best choice. They still do not agree with me. Creased with indigestion, and awake most ofthe night, and a whopping8.7 this morning.

Reactions: annabell1 and DJC3

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, what a night. Thought I would try boiled eggs with mayo for lunch yesterday. Not my best choice. They still do not agree with me. Creased with indigestion, and awake most ofthe night, and a whopping8.7 this morning.
Sending Big hugs ..eggs are my saviours. Take care.

Reactions: annabell1 and Pipp

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
5.7 at 0430 today, that’s more like it should be.

No running or work today , completed 102km in April and a PB yesterday in the 5k of 28:44, it’s never going to win any races but O never actually thought I’d get below 35 when I started 5 months ago.

Hopefully a chilled day with the family .

Have a good one everyone .