What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Newly diagnosed

Brave Ape chocolate porridge with strawberries
Lunch: Chicken salad, pack of cheeses and a fibre one protein bar. Dinner: chicken salad(again! Not feeling very inspired tonight) 1x dgf bake well blonde and 1x grenade carb killa bar.

Reactions: maglil55

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No breakfast
L: 1 piece lc soda bread with 30g gouda. Ff greek with 6 blueberries
Mid afternoon, stuck in a traffic jam for an hour so boredom tucked into 100g cold chicken and 1 nut bar that I had just bought ...for the weekend!
D: shakusha with egg that hubby cooked. 1 tablespoon ff greek with 1 sq 85% chopped into it

Drank some supposedly sugar free kombucha, but it was as sickly sweet as any of the other 'low calorie ' soft drinks I've tried. Only erythritol listed as a 'natural' sweetener. Wasn't quite as nasty aftertaste as some other drinks but I won't bother again and it was expensive at £2.50 for 500ml.

Reactions: DJC3 and maglil55

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
For future reference @maglil55 , never have a PERTH arrival point. I can say this with complete freedom given I live here. The Premier of that state is a total moron with strong totalitarian tendencies who thinks nothing of enforcing a state lockdown with little or no notice, all over a single case of covid.
She didn't have a lot of choice the number of flights that are suspended I'm afraid. She's about 5 hours out currently and not looking forward to her 14 days "imprisonment". Even worse, she reckons that she'll have to check in to another hotel on the evening of day 14 as she doesn't think her "release" time will let her get back to Canberra. At least they bumped her up to Business Class.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
She didn't have a lot of choice the number of flights that are suspended I'm afraid. She's about 5 hours out currently and not looking forward to her 14 days "imprisonment". Even worse, she reckons that she'll have to check in to another hotel on the evening of day 14 as she doesn't think her "release" time will let her get back to Canberra. At least they bumped her up to Business Class.

Yep, I know .. hence the use of my words "future reference". Avoid PERTH always.

And to emphasise my original post, they just found another case or two today in the capital (SAT aftn my time). So another lockdown is on the cards. News not 15 minutes ago

Last edited:

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thursday bed 5.1 FBG 5.7. @Antje77 - a dishwashing Hubby may sound like a perfect solution and, it probably would be if only he would put them away once washed and dry. It's not difficult as each has its own place.
B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with egg mayo.
L. Nothing
D. A burger I got at my butchers. A chimichurri burger. They're good a GF things so this was dense in texture but very tasty. It has a very artistically arranged onion on top that looked like a flower. One of the broccoli souffle things. A grenade ice cream bar and a DGF coconut and raspberry.

@Mike d - niece is now tucked up in her 14 day "prison". She's sent me photos of the room and to be fair it's rather nice. Very large and nicely furnished. Still, I wouldn't fancy being stuck in a hotel room for 14 days.

Friday bed 4.7 FBG 5.3

As this is a half day at school, grandson very sensibly suggested I bring work with me for him to do in the car rather than rush home then back to collect little brother. We got more schoolwork done in 30 mins in the car than we did in the afternoon yesterday!

B. TAG and a slice of SLC toast with egg mayo.
L. 2 slices of SLC bread with roast beef, mustard and tomato.
D. Decided to go shopping this afternoon rather than Saturday. On return I has 2 icy cold, sugar free Vimtos (freezer still producing stalactites). I'd got a deli chicken in Morrisons but was less than happy to see the chicken breast was decidedly pink so I ended up with a boiled egg, lettuce, santini tomatoes and coleslaw. Later I had 4 strawberries, scoop of chocolate brownie Oppo (now being stocked by M&S) and a dash of cream.

Reason for the Friday afternoon shop is that Grandsons are starting Brazilian Jujitsu tomorrow and I'll need to leave about 8.30am with son to get them there. I only have to pick up my butcher order and I can do that on the way back as it is en route. Their swimming is also back on Sunday so my total days of uninterrupted peace are over. At least I have the Bank Holiday on Monday.

Newly diagnosed

Keto slimfast mocha shake made with no sugar almond milk.
Cheese cubes, chicken satay and a peanut butter phd smart bar ( lunch on the move driving kids around to dance/ football) did my weekend cleaning job in between that little lot too!
Dinner: Halloumi wrapped in bacon with salad and 1x dgf chocolate orange brownie.
will have a pack of cheesies while watching Saturday night tv! Saturday night tradition in my house!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and a Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and chocolate chia pudding.
Dinner Chinese take away: crispy duck, 3 small pancakes, a smidge of sauce and veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Morning: Coffee/double cream/butter.

Mid afternoon: Cold gammon, carrot and swede mash, 3 fried eggs.

Bit later: Square of 70% chocolate.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Had very interesting plans with an aubergine, tuna melt batter, some leftover stinky cheese and the oven but didn't feel like cooking.
So instead I had a crusty cheese omelet with smokey sriracha and a slice of low carb bread with grated celeriac with salt, pepper and a generous amount of mayonnaise.
A very satisfying meal indeed :)

181002588_10223416745401167_1957085104991643834_n.jpg

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Steak and eggs, tomatoes for breakfsast.
Our Pakistani neighbour bought some chicken curry around, which was leftover from a Ramadan fast breaking meal for our lunch.
BBQ and beer for dinner last night, steak, bbq lamb chops, sausages, a lot of forbidden stuff as well corn on the cob, fried pineapple.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
11:00 after a yoga class where my tummy rumbled all the way through, 3 scrambled eggs and 10g chorizo.
15:00 a nut bar
18:00 chilli, cooked by son. I just had the meat, no rice no beans. Very tasty. A spoonful ff creamy greek and 6 blueberries

Reactions: maglil55

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Saturday Bed 4.2 FBG 4.7. Early rise due to impending jujitsu lesson. Youngest joined in after a bit of initial shyness; elder preferred to observe and make a friend but has agreed he'll join in next week as it "Looks like fun". Picked up my butcher order on the way back (nice and quiet that early), dropped the boys off then took son shopping. Still at least I got the afternoon to myself (if you count Hubby shouting at football on TV "to myself").

B. TAG and a very hurried slice of SLC toast with egg mayo.
L. Another TAG and a SLC hot cross bun with butter.
D. Hubby was having Chinese (I made it) so having made cauliflower fried rice and added some of the spicy chicken dish with peppers and some tiny bits of pineapple; some of the peppery beef; and naughty me.....2 small veggie spring rolls. Worst I got on BGs was 7 before they fell again so I can live with that. Later I did have a grenade ice cream bar as I felt obliged to see if the stalactites in the freezer meant it was not freezing the top shelf again .

Onlinecaroline

Friday
Breakfast - 3 eggs with butter in a cup.
Lunch - leftover cauliflower cheese with smoked sausage and a sugar free jelly.
Dinner - Indian Take Away - chicken chaat wings, garlic chicken tikka and saag paneer. Followed by a Montezuma truffle.

Saturday
Lunch - a Greek salad from M&S with garlic Mayo and some Parma ham added to it. Was nice but I really miss having a sandwich before my hill walks. I think I might test one in my next Libre and see what happens as it’s the one thing getting me down in the diet. Everything else I feel I can deal with.

Cuppa and a Fatt bar almond cookie.

Dinner - M&S salt and pepper pork belly with cauliflower cheese and creamed cabbage. Followed by a lemon DGF cake and a square of chocolate.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Friday
Breakfast - 3 eggs with butter in a cup.
Lunch - leftover cauliflower cheese with smoked sausage and a sugar free jelly.
Dinner - Indian Take Away - chicken chaat wings, garlic chicken tikka and saag paneer. Followed by a Montezuma truffle.

Saturday
Lunch - a Greek salad from M&S with garlic Mayo and some Parma ham added to it. Was nice but I really miss having a sandwich before my hill walks. I think I might test one in my next Libre and see what happens as it’s the one thing getting me down in the diet. Everything else I feel I can deal with.

Cuppa and a Fatt bar almond cookie.

Dinner - M&S salt and pepper pork belly with cauliflower cheese and creamed cabbage. Followed by a lemon DGF cake and a square of chocolate.
I make of my own sandwiches with SLC bread and I find them much better than the bought, ready made ones. SLC bread makes excellent toasties too!

Reactions: DJC3

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Early. Black tea, 2 black coffees.
11.30am. Third of a large tortilla.
6k steps on a walk.
2.30 pm. 3 mini spinach and egg muffins, tomato and yellow pepper, very small apple.
5pm. Black tea and half a slice of a delicious strawberry and blueberry cake. This was given to me by the lovely lady who has just opened a little green grocers in our local shops. It would have been rude to refuse!
7pm. Aubergine and peanut butter curry, red lentil dhal, Swiss chard masala, cucumber and yoghurt raita.
I'm attempting to reduce my eating window but am still managing to stuff in just as much food!

Onlinecaroline

I make of my own sandwiches with SLC bread and I find them much better than the bought, ready made ones. SLC bread makes excellent toasties too!
Thanks @maglil55, I use the SLC bread and rolls for work lunches and burger rolls etc. It’s probably the tradition I miss more, we have this lovely new cafe that opened beside us, we’d head there for some lovely homemade sandwiches and then head up to the hills. It’s the one thing I truly miss!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two days with remarkably similar meals.

Yesterday brunch was 2 eggs and 3 slices bacon.
Dinner was Nando’s - whole chicken (came free - red reward) shared with a friend. Broccoli side for her, Halloumi for me.

Today was a repeat of yesterday’s breakfast - and worked out that as I was using ‘yellow ticket’ bacon, each breakfast cost a total of 63p.
Dinner was half a rotisserie chicken from Morrison’s.

Now downing a mug of my new favourite tea with cream. https://www.t2tea.com/en/uk/tea/her...ood-cocoa-loose-leaf-gift-cube-T141AE000.html

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks @maglil55, I use the SLC bread and rolls for work lunches and burger rolls etc. It’s probably the tradition I miss more, we have this lovely new cafe that opened beside us, we’d head there for some lovely homemade sandwiches and then head up to the hills. It’s the one thing I truly miss!
I can relate to that. What I liked on occasion if we were visiting Harrogate or York is afternoon tea at Betty's. Wouldn't it be wonderful if someone came up with a low carb afternoon tea for diabetics. It's not as if it's difficult since I came do it myself but, it's not quite the same as going to somewhere like Betty's to be served. I've often thought there's a gap in the market for low carb hospitality venues.

Reactions: DJC3

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sunday Bed 5.8 FBG 4.2. My body is so used to the early rises that I still woke up around 6am even 8f it is Sunday! Gave up; got up; has a shower & washed hair; dressed and had coffee. I had to text the swimming teacher as I could not remember lesson time but I soon discovered I wasn't the only one. We got there with the swimming. 10 mins to convince him it was safe and get him poolside, 10 mins to observe and stay calm and finally he went in the water and enjoyed it. Now we've got that over we should be fine after this.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with haslett and egg mayo.
L. At swimming but on return I had to try a grenade ice cream bar to make sure they were still frozen. Freezer had gone on the blink last night but had cleared itself yet again and started working. This is as bad as my previous car that kept breaking down.
D. Beef stroganoff (Rick Stein recipe) with celeriac chips. Usual campari and soda.

Going to settle down now for the final episode of Line of Duty and pray that Carmichael is a baddie! Too obvious I fear to be H though.

Reactions: Goonergal and DJC3

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
Dinner: roast beef, one small roast potato, broccoli and Brussels with gravy followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3