What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.3 at 6AM and 7.6 just now. Although it was all expected. We are 148 miles away from home in a remote area in lovely Wales for the weekend and the travel last night was nothing short of an adventure as we reached near our destination and then last 4 miles took nearly an hour because the location is not on satnav and the landmark we were provided was knocked down earlier yesterday by a truck. All the excitement and tiredness meant I was late to eat my dinner and then Magic had too much change for his pleasure to settle down and I had to sit with him for nearly 2 hours to calm him down to sleep. All this meant that by the time I slept it was already 3AM.

On the upside though, its a beautiful place and there are long walks on cards today which should only do good to the number and to make things better it is my fasting day. So am hoping things will get better during the day.

Have a lovely long weekend everyone.:)

1970clea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well I don’t know if I am. Woke at 0600 and got 5.8 stayed in bed another 90 mins tested again, 6.8. My usual time to get up and test is 0700 so I don’t actually know where I am. Might do this double testing for a few days or until it drives me mad!
@ianpspurs happy double SSAS day!
I've found since moving to Libre that numbers shot up once a few minutes past waking. This is why I started intermittent fasting as the breakfast just made it to up again. It tends to settle back down faster now.
I worry about the fasting less now since seeing the overnight patterns, which are in the fours and fives, all night. Seems Dawn Phenomenon is very real!!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 for me, happy with that if it stays there.
Hugs for the tum cramps @Pipp not surprising your fbg is higher after a night like that.
Have a great weekend in the beautiful Welsh countryside @nutribolt I’m sure it’ll do wonders for your bg. ( is Magic your dog?)
Have a super weekend everyone.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@nutribolt I’m sure it’ll do wonders for your bg. ( is Magic your dog?)

Thanks @DJC3.. yeah Magic is my four legged baby... although at 9 yo (63 in human years) he is now eldest in our family :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210501-095133_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210501-095133_Gallery.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 85

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @DJC3.. yeah Magic is my four legged baby... although at 9 yo (63 in human years) he is now eldest in our family :)
We have 2 16 year old four legged fur babies but of the cat variety and we hate it the day before going away having to take them to the Cattery and, even though we know they will be ok and be spoilt, we still feel guilty.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a very hard time staying away from carbs... so end up eating too many most days..today my number is 9.8 mmol, yesterday I avoided carbs almost all day , but in the evening ended eating a whole jar of peaches.. I feel a bit ill today my glands are swollen under my neck..but don't have a sore throat..
so eggs for lunch today and some vitamin C ... when I have sorted out all my pills for the next week..:oops::oops::oops:

Reactions: annabell1