Miao miao problem

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I was lucky to be given a miao miao but no instruction book. Everything was OK in using it until yesterday. I charged it and then it wouldn't work, there was just a message via Xdrip "unusual calibration state - waiting for more data"
Well, I'm still waiting this morning.
Has anyone got any ideas about how to get things working again please?

ElenaP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I guess you have tried turning the phone off and on? I generally push the re-start hole on the MiaoMiao with an end of a paperclip before attaching it to Libre, and then I have to make sure that there are no gaps where I stick it onto the Libre.

ElenaP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Just in case you were distracted: Did you remember to do 'stop sensor' and re-start with a new sensor?

Reactions: LauraR88

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was lucky to be given a miao miao but no instruction book. Everything was OK in using it until yesterday. I charged it and then it wouldn't work, there was just a message via Xdrip "unusual calibration state - waiting for more data"
Well, I'm still waiting this morning.
Has anyone got any ideas about how to get things working again please?

Hi,

Are you using Miaomiao 1 or 2?

Are you using Libre 1 or 2?

User manual for MM2 can be found online, here.. https://miaomiao.cool/pages/miaomiao2-users-manual

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Just in case you were distracted: Did you remember to do 'stop sensor' and re-start with a new sensor?
@ElenaP I wasn't using a new sensor so didn't do this, I was just charging the miao miao. It's the first time this has happened

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Are you using Miaomiao 1 or 2?

@SueJB version 1 is chunky and elongated half moon shaped whereas version 2 is more tadpole shaped.

But I think the version of the Miaomiao is a red herring as the only difference is the size of the battery.

The Miaomiao does not come with a user manual from new. Your friend has not lost it. The manual is available by scanning the QR code on the box

Have you checked the Libre is still working fine by scanning it with LibreLink?
It is unlikely to be a problem given the failure occurred when you charged the Miaomiao but it is always a good idea to fully discount part of the system when debugging.

The error message is odd. Have you tried asking the xDrip Facebook group exactly what it means? They are incredibly helpful at translating developer speak into user speak You have to request membership of the group but they let me in.

Finally, there is a Miaomiao Facebook group who maybe able to assist. Be warned I found it contained a lot of messages about quality problems.

(Mod edit for clarity)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Jaylee, thanks for the link. I know I'm using Libre 1 but not sure about which Miaomiao, probably 1 as mine was given to me by a friend who moved onto Libre2

If yours looks like the one in the linked manual? Then that will be the "starship Enterprise" without the rocket thing shaped MM2. The other one looks more like an arched window?
If you are usisng the L1? No need for any firmware update.

Now I wear mine on an elasticated armband, so this maybe dificult if yours is taped down? But I find just lifting the MM then dropping it back in place over the sensor can help with an NFC glitch issue? (Discovered it quite by accident during an adjustment.)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@ElenaP I wasn't using a new sensor so didn't do this, I was just charging the miao miao. It's the first time this has happened

In this case, it sounds like a glitch attempting to "back date" data whilst the MM was taking a break on charge? (Maybe 3 hours worth?.)
It may possibly be xDrip trying to chop sense into it, as opposed to your MM?

You could try going into stop sensor, the click "don't stop, just reset all calibrations?"

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
@SueJB version 1 is chunky and elongated half moon shaped whereas version 2 is more tadpole shaped.

But I think the version of the Miaomiao is a red herring as the only difference is the size of the battery.

The Miaomiao does not come with a user manual from new. Your friend has not lost it. The manual is available by scanning the QR code on the box

Have you checked the Libre is still working fine by scanning it with LibreLink?
It is unlikely to be a problem given the failure occurred when you charged the Miaomiao but it is always a good idea to fully discount part of the system when debugging.

The error message is odd. Have you tried asking the xDrip Facebook group exactly what it means? They are incredibly helpful at translating developer speak into user speak You have to request membership of the group but they let me in.

Finally, there is a Miaomiao Facebook group who maybe able to assist. Be warned I found it contained a lot of messages about quality problems.

(Mod edit for clarity)
Thanks @In Response , yep I've checked and the Libre is still working. I've also requested joining the xdrip FB group but haven't heard back yet. It's really sad now as I'd come to rely on the Miaomiao over night mainly to wake me up for hypos

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
If yours looks like the one in the linked manual? Then that will be the "starship Enterprise" without the rocket thing shaped MM2. The other one looks more like an arched window?
If you are usisng the L1? No need for any firmware update.

Now I wear mine on an elasticated armband, so this maybe dificult if yours is taped down? But I find just lifting the MM then dropping it back in place over the sensor can help with an NFC glitch issue? (Discovered it quite by accident during an adjustment.)
Thanks @Jaylee I do sticky for the MM2 so I think it might have something to do with the resetting...... going to try holding it down for 60 secs

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Can I check the order of doing things?
1. recharge MM
2. reset MM by sticking in a pin and holding down 60 secs
3. Attach MM to sensor
or is it the other way around or different

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks @Jaylee I do sticky for the MM2 so I think it might have something to do with the resetting...... going to try holding it down for 60 secs

Set a timer on your phone. 60 seconds pressing a pin seems like a long time.;)

By all acounts the MM kind of "restsets" when removing from the magnetic charger?
If you are pretty much full charge? Remove the MM from your arm. Do the thing with the pin.. Then reattach the MM to the sensor.

Edit to add; if a current sensor is in use? Xdrip should pick it back up..

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@SueJB you will know when you no longer need to press with the pinn because Miaomiao will flash red when it has reset. I think it is 5 seconds.
And you can do the three steps in any order although it is easier to reset when the Miaomiao is not attached.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@SueJB you will know when you no longer need to press with the pinn because Miaomiao will flash red when it has reset. I think it is 5 seconds.
And you can do the three steps in any order although it is easier to reset when the Miaomiao is not attached.

Fascinating. Mine brings up orange then flashes a quick green. (Dash dot sequence.) but only when the pin is removed..
Just tried it.. & yes, it is the MM2.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
My MM takes 10 seconds minimum to reset with a paperclip.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My MM takes 10 seconds minimum to reset with a paperclip.

Hi,

LOL, crazily the FAQ "destructions" suggest this?

"1: Reset MiaoMiao by holding down the reset hole at least 60 seconds at the back of MiaoMiao to reset it(for MiaoMiao1, MiaoMIao2 resetting hole is at the front). Then, try to charge it for 2-3 hours to see if the green light is on or not."

Found here. https://miaomiao.cool/pages/faqs

I've never seen a "red light." However.. Regarding charging of the unit on the same link, (Under. "WHAT IS MY MIAOMIAO CHARGE LIGHT IS OFF?") it suggests a flashing red light "Every 7 seconds".

On charge for me. Mine is blue?

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
When I was using my MM1 it was a flashing red light when it is charging, and I think it was a steady green one when fully charged.
MM2 is a blue light when charging as Jaylee said.
I find it easier to charge it whilst it's attached to me, as the MM2 needs charging more often.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
When I was using my MM1 it was a flashing red light when it is charging, and I think it was a steady green one when fully charged.
MM2 is a blue light when charging as Jaylee said.
I find it easier to charge it whilst it's attached to me, as the MM2 needs charging more often.
Yep, then turns solid green when fully charged.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Hi,

LOL, crazily the FAQ "destructions" suggest this?

"1: Reset MiaoMiao by holding down the reset hole at least 60 seconds at the back of MiaoMiao to reset it(for MiaoMiao1, MiaoMIao2 resetting hole is at the front). Then, try to charge it for 2-3 hours to see if the green light is on or not."

Found here. https://miaomiao.cool/pages/faqs

I've never seen a "red light." However.. Regarding charging of the unit on the same link, (Under. "WHAT IS MY MIAOMIAO CHARGE LIGHT IS OFF?") it suggests a flashing red light "Every 7 seconds".

On charge for me. Mine is blue?
Wow. 60 seconds. I thought 10 seconds was a long time to wait. :)