Parsnips

baldtyke

Hi Can anybody advise

Someone today suggested making parsnip chips, fried as normal chips to go with a piece of fish.

Are parsnips any good on LC

Just w\anted to know before I gave them a try

Tony

carbman

Turnips and parsnips are a bit high in carbs Have a look at celeriac, tastes great and low in carbs. Keep away from carrots as well. Eat the colors of the rainbow targeting greens, cauliflower, kale, spinach, cabbage, brussels, peppers, onions, broccoli, leeks, swede, courgettes, mushrooms, tomatoes etc.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
I eat parsnips and carrots but they are quite high in carbs so I only eat them sparingly with a Sunday roast in the case of parsnips and only eat one or two small roast split halves, I dont think it would be a very good idea to substitute them for chips.

Why not just have chips but just a few thats what I do, I know I can eat twelve medium sized chips and have my bg levels back why I like them after two hours a few more if I want to live dangerously :lol: Seriously just test portion by portion until you are happy with the result, I really dont get why people would want to eat substitute foods that do not IMO taste the same as potatoes. I have found that oven cooked french fries thin type chips are the best for my bg levels and I can eat a few more of them than the 'medium' sized ones.