Miao miao problem

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow. 60 seconds. I thought 10 seconds was a long time to wait. :)

I know.. :p Seen a few bit & pieces on these MM2s disassembled online.? I believe all the pin does is push down a metal "tab"
& disconnects the battery..

ElenaP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@SueJB
When you select 'bluetooth scan' from the drop-down menu, do you see MiaoMiao on the top left of the screen?

ElenaP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I find it easier to charge it whilst it's attached to me, as the MM2 needs charging more often.
This is interesting. Mine is MM1 but I sometimes need to recharge it before Libre needs replacing. Next time I will re-charge without removing it. Thank you.

Reactions: Hopeful34

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Set a timer on your phone. 60 seconds pressing a pin seems like a long time.;)

By all acounts the MM kind of "restsets" when removing from the magnetic charger?
If you are pretty much full charge? Remove the MM from your arm. Do the thing with the pin.. Then reattach the MM to the sensor.

Edit to add; if a current sensor is in use? Xdrip should pick it back up..
Thanks @Jaylee

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
When I was using my MM1 it was a flashing red light when it is charging, and I think it was a steady green one when fully charged.
MM2 is a blue light when charging as Jaylee said.
I find it easier to charge it whilst it's attached to me, as the MM2 needs charging more often.
@Hopeful34 the cord is so short, I wouldn't be able to move from the computer.... I've tried

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Hopeful34 the cord is so short, I wouldn't be able to move from the computer.... I've tried

You could get a USB to USB extension cable..? Which may help.

@ElenaP I get miaomiao2_2fbc
Should I refresh it?

Sounds like the model. Does is show in blue font or White.? (Blue seems to suggest it's connected?) Either way there is no harm clicking on it.

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
As Jaylee has suggested, I use an extension cable and usually charge it when watching tv or reading when I won't be moving my arm very much. Used this method with both MM1 and MM2.

ElenaP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@ElenaP I get miaomiao2_2fbc
Should I refresh it?
How are you getting on? Since your bluetooth connection finds the MiaoMiao, and if you clicked on it as Jaylee recommended, your xDrip would have some data by now. If not, you will need someone more technical than me to check your xDrip settings.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How are you getting on? Since your bluetooth connection finds the MiaoMiao, and if you clicked on it as Jaylee recommended, your xDrip would have some data by now. If not, you will need someone more technical than me to check your xDrip settings.
Another option is go into "system status," hit "forget device." Than back into Bluetooth & rescan & connect?

chrisbug

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Radio 1.
Hi SueJB
I had a similar issue with mm2, when I had to replace my phone. XDrip kept saying it couldn't configure calibration and I couldn't work out what was going on.
I suddenly realized that glucose setting wasn't mmol/L.
I went into settings, then glucose units and ticked the mmol/L box and everything started working.
I also got a USB extension from Amazon and charge mm2 in evening watching TV, blue light blinks while charging then goes green when charged, I only ever need to press reset briefly then orange light blips.
I Use the pokey thing you get with mobile phone for the reset, warned against using a pin.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Somehow this morning, with lots of different advice from people on xdrip Facebook group, it's fixed. I don't know how but I'm so pleased.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Hi SueJB
I had a similar issue with mm2, when I had to replace my phone. XDrip kept saying it couldn't configure calibration and I couldn't work out what was going on.
I suddenly realized that glucose setting wasn't mmol/L.
I went into settings, then glucose units and ticked the mmol/L box and everything started working.
I also got a USB extension from Amazon and charge mm2 in evening watching TV, blue light blinks while charging then goes green when charged, I only ever need to press reset briefly then orange light blips.
I Use the pokey thing you get with mobile phone for the reset, warned against using a pin.
Thanks @chrisbug. I'm really hoping that all of this kerfuffle won't happen again. Think I might get an extension lead, what should I be looking for? no idea, seen lots of things for male female!! Which do I need, male or female or isn't it important? I don't want to get it from Amazon

Last edited:

chrisbug

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Radio 1.
Hi SueJB,
glad it's all sorted. I ordered a 3.0m USB extension lead, it has a male end and a female end.
I guess they will be available most electrical places?
You could just use an electric 230v extension lead, bit more of a faff, bear in mind the obvious trip and electrical hazard!

chrisbug

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Radio 1.
Hi SueJB,
glad it's all sorted. I ordered a 3.0m USB extension lead, it has a male end and a female end.
I guess they will be available most electrical places?
You could just use an electric 230v extension lead, bit more of a faff, bear in mind the obvious trip and electrical hazard!
Just to clarify i charge mine from a USB socket plugged into the mains. I guess some people plug into USB port on PC.

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I just got a standard 2 plug extension lead from our local supermarket, it was cheap and does what it needs to do.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just to clarify i charge mine from a USB socket plugged into the mains. I guess some people plug into USB port on PC.

Same here. But I slip the "guardian" band holding it on my arm.. I'm also mindful of unplugging the USB connector first?
Just incase I accidentally short the magnetic connector with some of the metal objects I have lying around. The stand on my PC monitor is metal for a start..

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Thanks @chrisbug. I'm really hoping that all of this kerfuffle won't happen again. Think I might get an extension lead, what should I be looking for? no idea, seen lots of things for male female!! Which do I need, male or female or isn't it important? I don't want to get it from Amazon
I bought a powerbank for just under £20 and it means I don’t have to be near a socket or a computer if I need to recharge, and in pre-pandemic days it was also useful if I was travelling. The MM lead plugs straight into the powerbank. (I also use the powerbank to recharge my watlaa watch that I use for seeing blood sugars, it has a direct connection to the MM, no phone or app needed.)
I don’t use a guardian band to hold the MM in place and protect it but some KT tape with a piece of tissue cut to MM to protect the MM from getting KT tape sticky stuff on it.
BTW, there’s usually a bit of sticky gunk from the stickers, that builds up and I first gently rub baby oil over it to clear it then clean off the baby oil with one of the Libre wipes or similar.