Who's fasting today?

Roggg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So quiet in here... It's 11AM in my part of the world, and I'm 16 hours into a 36 hour fast. My first fast longer than 20 hours since the fall. Anybody else fasting today? How's it going for you?

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I use intermittent fasting every day and I have just had my first meal of the day,
As its sunny and not cold, I've thrown a salad together.
Trying to decide what to have later before I fast again.

Stay safe

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Was up until about an hour ago as usual..

Good luck with yours though. Hope you find it relatively easy.

zeeeee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Finished a 72 hr fast at 15:30, wasn’t too bad was getting a bit dizzy towards the end, try and do this 3/4 tines a year back to the normal 20/4 tomorrow.

Roggg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Nice job everyone, and especially @zeeeee. 72 is quite a stretch. So far, so good for me. This used to be pretty easy but it's been a while. I'll be having some broth today for sure.

Lilylala

23hr fast ate at 7pm roast chicken ...... So now fast until 7 pm tomorrow ......... Sleep ...... Fast ....... 7pm eat........ Repeat ........ Been doing this since 1/2/20 50 lb weight loss and only on 4 units of insulin ...... At the start I was on 80 units

Roggg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
36 hour fast ended. 37 actually. I find it really easy to extend fasts that end in the morning, and. could have gone another 4, but... well just didn't want to. Broke my fast with this:

R7WRnEp.jpg

12 hour eating window today (well 11 it turns out). I always try to stop at 7 PM. Tomorrow will either be 20/4, or possibly I'll repeat the 36 hour fast. Not decided yet.

Hope everyone's fasting is going well.

Reactions: oldgreymare

Roggg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
23hr fast ate at 7pm roast chicken ...... So now fast until 7 pm tomorrow ......... Sleep ...... Fast ....... 7pm eat........ Repeat ........ Been doing this since 1/2/20 50 lb weight loss and only on 4 units of insulin ...... At the start I was on 80 units

OMAD for over a year...wow! I'm wondering if/how often you break from this? I find it hard to eat a day's worth of calories in one meal. The closest I get to it is 20/4. When I do 20/4 I eat one "proper meal" and some snacking.

Lilylala

OMAD for over a year...wow! I'm wondering if/how often you break from this? I find it hard to eat a day's worth of calories in one meal. The closest I get to it is 20/4. When I do 20/4 I eat one "proper meal" and some snacking.
It's pretty much my way of life now , but I do maybe a few times a month usually at a weekend have a bigger eating window but if I do my first meal will be something keto to like some bacon , egg , sausage for lunch then a smaller main meal at 7 pm . I'm on maintenance at the moment and not being too strict on what I eat for my main as do not want to loose any more weight and also I have really good blood sugar controls ....... So I have found what suits me and feel so much better ..... So a longer fast I know I can have something naughty for tea and pudding

Reactions: Roggg

Roggg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Who's fasting today? Me! I'm fasting. I'm going for another 36 hour fast (plus or minus a few hours). I run 5 days a week, so I'm trying out a 5/2 by not eating on non-running days. For now at least that's Wednesday and Friday.

Good luck on your fasting journey today.

Reactions: oldgreymare

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I fast between breakfast and lunch, apart from my elevenses of course.

Roggg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I did no fasting on the weekend as planned. Well... 12/12 if you count that. Today I go back to back to 20/4. It's 8:30 AM right now, and my window opens at 3 PM, so 6.5 hours to go. Today will be easy. Tomorrow might be a challenge. I have a hard running workout (intervals at the track) tomorrow which I plan to do fasted, and I'm not sure what my appetite might do afterwards. But tomorrow me can worry about that. Good luck with your fasting today everyone.

Roggg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday went well. I opened my window a little late and closed it a little late too, so it was 21/4 if that makes sense.

Hard workout went well. Or rather it went well metabolically...the running was a bit of a disaster (high winds, muddy trails, yada yada...). Energy was good, I'm at the beginning of my eating window, and I'm not hungry. I guess I'll wait a bit.

Roggg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday went 21/3. The 21 hour mark was around me making dinner for the fam. Even though I wasn't hungry before that, it's hard to prep food for others after 20 hours of fasting and not get a bit hungry.

Today is going to be another day of 20/4. It's mid-morning here and I'm nearing the 18 hour mark. I thought about going 36 hour, but frankly, it's taco day, and I cant sit idly by. Tacos for me is either a taco bowl, or romaine lettuce taco "boats".

Hope your fasting went/is going well today.

Roggg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not feeling well today so decided to give it a pass today and just do 12/12.

Roggg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Working on a 36 hour fast today, and I'm about 14 hours in. Planning for some broth around dinner time (22 hour mark). The full-day fast is always hardest at dinner time. Fasting glucose was good today though at 5.4.

Roggg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
18/6 today. Ordinarily it would be 20/4, but I have lunch plans with the fam, so I need to widen the window a bit. Good luck everyone.

Reactions: KK123

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Apologies for being the worst diabetic in the world but why do you fast ???

Is there a benefit outside weight loss ??

I've read a bit about Dr. Longo & beta cell regeneration about a year ago so I'm not totally clued out but I wonder what the current thinking is.

Roggg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Apologies for being the worst diabetic in the world but why do you fast ???

Is there a benefit outside weight loss ??

I've read a bit about Dr. Longo & beta cell regeneration about a year ago so I'm not totally clued out but I wonder what the current thinking is.
The theory behind fasting is pretty much similar to the theory behind keto/low carb. Not eating at all is pretty much as low-carb as you get, so going longer periods of time between eating allows the glucose and insulin levels to fall in between "eating windows". This allows your body to begin undoing some of the insulin resistance without down-regulating your metabolism. You dont necessarily eat less on a fasting regimen...you just eat what you eat over a shorter period of time.

Jason Fung is a leading proponent of intermittent fasting. His book "The Diabetes Code" covers it very well, but his appearances on YouTube will give you a good overview.