What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Umi2021

Morning All. 6.1 after first meal out in 18 months..steak salad & few skinny chips, well it was an occasion. @Umi2021 welcome to our corner you are off to a great start.
That sounds so good very well deserved @PenguinMum! Thank you honestly the support and inspiration on this is amazing. Was a bit naughty yesterday due to being bank holiday Monday just hope my numbers don’t suffer too much oops! Hehe
Have a great day everyone!

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 at 6AM and 5.8 just now. 36 hours into fasting now and the overnight average is 5.2.

In other news, Magic was checked by vet and given oxygen while under observation but they did not find anything worrying so have asked us to take him back today for a blood test. During night he was still very unsettled although coughing was less. I hope vet finds whatever it is and can give him the medicine to get him feeling better asap.

Hope everyone has a great day. :)

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I hope he continues to improve and that’ll help bring your numbers back into your previous zone, the fasting is obviously making a difference too. Is your HbA1c today?
Thanks @DJC3 . My HbA1c is on monday next week and am planning to extend my fasting as far as I can until then in hope that it will keep numbers under control but you are right Magic getting better will help immensely... yesterday while we were waiting at vet's clinic my BG rise all the way to 8.1 and as soon as she came out to tell they have not found anything dangerous it started dropping and was around 6.5 some 20 minutes later and in 5s once we were back home and he was sleeping in my laps.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @DJC3 . My HbA1c is on monday next week and am planning to extend my fasting as far as I can until then in hope that it will keep numbers under control but you are right Magic getting better will help immensely... yesterday while we were waiting at vet's clinic my BG rise all the way to 8.1 and as soon as she came out to tell they have not found anything dangerous it started dropping and was around 6.5 some 20 minutes later and in 5s once we were back home and he was sleeping in my laps.
Pleased to hear Magic is a little better, hope further investigations find it's all good. Stress lifts my blood sugars every time! Got my HbA1c coming up in June/July and already starting to "worrit" over it. Just be aware though, according to Dave Feldman's experiments at Cholesterolecode.com, fasting can temporarily raise your cholesterol so if they are up, at least you know why. Wishing you a magnificent HbA1c result, you certainly deserve it for all the inspirational work you have put in.

Reactions: OCat and DJC3