Exercise & low cal diet

Mrsg11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all,

Sorry i posted this on another thread but think it might be more appropriate here!

So am trying to stick to MM blood sugar diet, so far so good, there have been moments when I have 'fallen of the wagon' so to speak but keep perservering, however as gyms have opened back up i have been going quite regularly and maybe burning around 500cal per session but obviously finding myself ravenous after a while so am going over my calorie allowance... I think I need too

Does anyone have any tips on pre/post workout snacks if needed??

Ty

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all,

Sorry i posted this on another thread but think it might be more appropriate here!

So am trying to stick to MM blood sugar diet, so far so good, there have been moments when I have 'fallen of the wagon' so to speak but keep perservering, however as gyms have opened back up i have been going quite regularly and maybe burning around 500cal per session but obviously finding myself ravenous after a while so am going over my calorie allowance... I think I need too

Ty
Are you sure you are not thirsty? It is important to keep well hydrated, especially when exercising.
It is 10 years since I first did a very low calorie diet, and I exercised intensely, mainly in the swimming pool. I didn’t feel hungry, but that could have been due to the diet putting me into ketosis. I always had a botyle of water at the side of the pool, and drank at leadt 3 litres a day.

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
Hi all,

Ty
IMHO, if the exercise requires recovery, I’d focus on getting enough protein to rebuild.

OCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I find a pint of water and a soya latte /milky coffee usually works until the next meal time if I get really hungry. I generally try to work out after lunch though and this works much better than fasted morning workouts in terms of reducing cravings for me.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So long since mysport centre has been open that I am forgetting what I did following exercise, but agree on the protein. I would always carry a small tub of almonds, though aware not best if counting calories.

Reactions: LaoDan