CPEP

teddybear74

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My CPEP is 927 what does this mean please

Also I have been referred to the community clinic administrator and put on the community joint diabetes list what does this mean please

teddybear74

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was on a sliding scale in hospital due to having high bs from steroids this was in 2019 im still questioning the type of diabetes i have as i have never seen normal figures no matter what i do or take. my recent hba1c is 87 down from 117 in jan. i had to call the out of hours drs over the weekend as i was having readings of 27+ so they increased my medication

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Useful as always from the NHS but if its 0.927 nmol/L then you are slightly high or if not then "normal" ?

Who ordered the test.. any chance you can contact them and ask?
Screenshot 2021-05-06 at 11.45.24.png

teddybear74

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
it was the consultant at the hospital i was admitted for 3 days with high sugars due to steroids so was put on a sliding scale and i was wandering what the figure meant as i was never told. my figures have never matched my hba1c which i have been told is coming down but im still experiencing high finger prick readings

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
My CPEP is 927 what does this mean please

Also I have been referred to the community clinic administrator and put on the community joint diabetes list what does this mean please
The magnitude suggests the units are pmol/l. Was the result fasting (not eating for at least 8 hours before?). A fasting result less than 80 would support type 1. A result greater than 250 type 2.

teddybear74

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The magnitude suggests the units are pmol/l. Was the result fasting (not eating for at least 8 hours before?). A fasting result less than 80 would support type 1. A result greater than 250 type 2.

no idea if fasting but at a wild guess id say no not fasting

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
To be honest you need to talk to your clinic/doctor/whoever gave you the results, for a start they will have the measurement range and all the details that go with your result, whilst people on here may be able to make an educated guess, but none of us on these forums know all the details

teddybear74

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
To be honest you need to talk to your clinic/doctor/whoever gave you the results, for a start they will have the measurement range and all the details that go with your result, whilst people on here may be able to make an educated guess, but none of us on these forums know all the details

it was a consultant whilst i was in hospital in 2019. my dn says def type 2 but i have been out of control for years even though i have taken all the meds they have thrown at me hence why im trying to find out now

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you used anything other than medications to address the diabetes? Any life style changes? Any eating plans? Any weight management? Are there any medications that could be complicating the issue eg statins or steroids amongst others?

teddybear74

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm not excessively over weight I weigh 11st4 and I'm 5ft4 but have been following Weight Watchers for a while. I'm very careful what I eat I don't eat a lot of carbs or high sugar items. I haven't needed steroids since 2019 no statins I am on Amitriptyline for nerve damage but been on that for years. This is why I'm stumped as to why my BS haven't come down hba1c is 87 and I don't have an infection

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
WW isn’t great for type 2 often. It focuses on low fat not low carb. When you say not a lot of carbs that can mean very different things to different people. What is a typical days food? Maybe we can help with ideas.

If your c peptide is normal to high then the other alternative is very insulin resistant. So the only approach then is to lower this, typically by reducing the amount of carbs which reduces the insulin you require so the insulin levels circulating can lower so the IR can lower. Are you able to self adjust insulin doses or are they fixed ?

Last edited:

teddybear74

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ve just looked back at your old threads to try and get a better idea of what’s happening. https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/c-peptide-test-results.161949/ and you said in 2019 your cpeptide was 497. So it’s gone up not down. Cannot see how that can be anything other than increased insulin resistance as it certain doesn’t match type 1.

your correct it is 497 my mistake. i have been doing so many different things on here today and half asleep

teddybear74

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
WW isn’t great for type 2 often. It focuses on low fat not low carb. When you say not a lot of carbs that can mean very different things to different people. What is a typical days food? Maybe we can help with ideas. I see old threads mentioning museli, porridge and toast so I’m wondering.

If your c peptide is normal to high then the other alternative is very insulin resistant. So the only approach then is to lower this, typically by reducing the amount of carbs which reduces the insulin you require so the insulin levels circulating can lower so the IR can lower. Are you able to self adjust insulin doses or are they fixed ?

i have a small bowl of cereal with (lacto free milk)and fruit in the morning with coffee, yogurt (lacto free) and fruit with seeds and goji berries for my break around 4.30am then i finish around 7am come home have a drink then bed till around lunch time then i have a mackeral salad and dinner is meat veg and a small portion of potatoes or rice or pasta

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
i have a small bowl of cereal with (lacto free milk)and fruit in the morning with coffee, yogurt (lacto free) and fruit with seeds and goji berries for my break around 4.30am then i finish around 7am come home have a drink then bed till around lunch time then i have a mackeral salad and dinner is meat veg and a small portion of potatoes or rice or pasta
Well there’s lots that can change there. Cereal, fruit, potatoes, rice and pasta will all push your levels up. As I suspected this is low fat not low carb. As a type 2 fat is not the problem. Carbs are.

Obviously being on insulin you need to make sure you don’t hypo but as you are a long way from that at the moment dropping some of these carbs would just bring you closer to normal than hypo. Please monitor carefully though.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
no idea if fasting but at a wild guess id say no not fasting
C-peptide either fasting or stimulated where you have to drink a sugary drink. The normal range after a sugary drink is 200 to 600 pmol/l. Your 927 still puts you in the type 2 insulin resistant bracket. But ask your consultant.