CPEP

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And now? You mentioned you had a recent test. If that’s gone up to 927 as in post #1 then ir has got worse and you are producing twice as much of your own insulin as in 2019 not less.

teddybear74

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well there’s lots that can change there. Cereal, fruit, potatoes, rice and pasta will all push your levels up. As I suspected this is low fat not low carb. As a type 2 fat is not the problem. Carbs are.

Obviously being on insulin you need to make sure you don’t hypo but as you are a long way from that at the moment dropping some of these carbs would just bring you closer to normal than hypo. Please monitor carefully though.

i did start following the micheal mosley blood sugar diet but got confused by all the info. the yogurt is full fat and the fruit are blueberries strawberries and raspberries which i though could be ok as being berries

teddybear74

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
And now? You mentioned you had a recent test. If that’s gone up to 927 as in post #1 then ir has got worse and you are producing twice as much of your own insulin as in 2019 not less.

my last test was an hba1c. the cpep i had was back in 2019 which was 497 i got figure wrong i was on a sliding scale in hospital

teddybear74

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
C-peptide either fasting or stimulated where you have to drink a sugary drink. The normal range after a sugary drink is 200 to 600 pmol/l. Your 927 still puts you in the type 2 insulin resistant bracket. But ask your consultant.

i didnt drink anything as i was on a sliding scale and i assume it was one of the many blood tests they did whilst i was in there

teddybear74

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
i did start following the micheal mosley blood sugar diet but got confused by all the info. the yogurt is full fat and the fruit are blueberries strawberries and raspberries which i though could be ok as being berries
im up at 12.30am for work. so what do you suggest i eat

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Berries are ok in moderation.

Try dietdoctor.com for simple clear explanations recipes and info. Personally I’m not a fan of the blood sugar diet as it’s fundamentally very low calorie (hunger?) and designed to be a short sharp shock not a life long eating style. That said it does help some people get off to a good start and can be motivational for that reason.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
my last test was an hba1c. the cpep i had was back in 2019 which was 497 i got figure wrong i was on a sliding scale in hospital
So no recent c peptide? And no idea of which direction it’s gone. I thought you’d recently asked your dn for one?

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
i didnt drink anything as i was on a sliding scale and i assume it was one of the many blood tests they did whilst i was in there
It would have been higher if you had. So your test is still a useful indicator of type 2.

teddybear74

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So no recent c peptide? And no idea of which direction it’s gone. I thought you’d recently asked your dn for one?

i did but im not sure if they did one or not as i havent had the results but last time it took weeks and weeks to get the results im speaking to her tomorrow afternoon so will check then

Reactions: HSSS

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
im up at 12.30am for work. so what do you suggest i eat
Cutting the cereal, rice pasta and potatoes. But please check for hypos as you reduce the amounts, the difference can happen quicker than you think.

Eggs meats fish cheese instead salad and veg. If you want a cereal you can make a granola like mix from seeds, nuts and coconut (there’s a recipe on dietdoctor.com to use as a guide) or a porridge like mix with coconut flour and cream or chia seed

Last edited:

teddybear74

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Cutting the cereal, rice pasta and potatoes.

Eggs meats fish cheese instead salad and veg. If you want a cereal you can make a granola like mix from seeds, nuts and coconut (there’s a recipe on dietdoctor.com to use as a guide) or a porridge like mix with coconut flour and cream or chia seed

dont you have to pay for diet dr