Celebrating real foods

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today was a most scrumptious food day-
Lunch was steak and eggs ( pastured beef minute steak) followed by a small bowl of Fage yoghurt.
Dinner was baked wild sea bass with lemon caper dressing served with garlic and nutmeg wilted spinach. Both BBC Good food recipes and really top notch. It helped that the Bass was wild, not farmed and really quite a large fillet. It cost a small fortune mind you ( I stupidly didn’t ask the price when I rang yesterday to order from the fish market)
IMG_1620325361.214005.jpg

Reactions: Riva_Roxaban

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Steak and eggs, and some fried up leftover veggies.
Prawns and salad in a wholemeal low carb wrap, the wraps areoff the menu next week as there is to much fibre in the wraps.
Steak, onions and green veggies for dinner.

Reactions: DJC3

Hotpepper20000

last night I had wild caught fresh water Pike, pan fried with butter and asparagus.
It’s Mother’s Day this weekend here.
It will be the first time I can have my parents over for dinner since last November. We are all vaccinated and have had enough time to pass to be fully covered.
So planning a boneless leg of lamb on the bbq with various roasted vegetables and a green salad.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
BBQ’d boneless leg of lamb sounds wonderful @Hotpepper20000 Do you use an open brazier type or one with a lid? We just use the disposable ones so can only manage a few chops. Please post a photo and have a great celebration.
Today I ate a brunch of scrambled eggs and kimchi.
A pot of 0% Fage yoghurt and a few pumpkin seeds for lunch.
Dinner was instant pot beef curry with green beans and 2 glasses red wine. Then a morsel of blue cheese.

Reactions: Goonergal

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hungry day today.

Breakfast and lunch were both pork belly pieces coated in chilli oil and salt and air fried. Dinner was bacon and eggs. Simple and delicious!

Hotpepper20000

BBQ’d boneless leg of lamb sounds wonderful @Hotpepper20000 Do you use an open brazier type or one with a lid? We just use the disposable ones so can only manage a few chops. Please post a photo and have a great celebration.
Today I ate a brunch of scrambled eggs and kimchi.
A pot of 0% Fage yoghurt and a few pumpkin seeds for lunch.
Dinner was instant pot beef curry with green beans and 2 glasses red wine. Then a morsel of blue cheese.
It’s a propane grill with a lid.
We Canadians love to grill even in the middle of winter.
I am not sure how to post pictures.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am not sure how to post pictures.

There should be a button underneath the ‘posting’ box that says ‘upload a file’ click on that be then select from wherever they’re stored on your device. The software only allows relatively small files so you may have to make it smaller - on my iPad I’m automatically given the option to do that. That’s on the desktop/mobile site. If you’re using the app, I have no clue, but @DJC3 uses the app and may be able to help.

Hotpepper20000

There should be a button underneath the ‘posting’ box that says ‘upload a file’ click on that be then select from wherever they’re stored on your device. The software only allows relatively small files so you may have to make it smaller - on my iPad I’m automatically given the option to do that. That’s on the desktop/mobile site. If you’re using the app, I have no clue, but @DJC3 uses the app and may be able to help.
Thank you. I’ll give it a go

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OK, I’m showing off today. Fabulous crackling on my pork loin joint. Delicious. Salted the meat with rosemary and garlic salt and added some fresh chopped garlic.

15B7BFE1-C668-4B81-A508-2850ECEF2CAD.jpeg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It was delicious. Not needed anything else today. Cooked it on the rotisserie spit in the air fryer.

How do you get the rod through the middle of the joint? I’ve seen you post other joints you have cooked on the rotisserie and they look brilliant. I’ve only done a chicken and it wasn’t a success really - I couldn’t tie it up properly so it flopped about all over the place.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How do you get the rod through the middle of the joint? I’ve seen you post other joints you have cooked on the rotisserie and they look brilliant. I’ve only done a chicken and it wasn’t a success really - I couldn’t tie it up properly so it flopped about all over the place.

It was boneless, so just poked it through. If you look at the piece of meat closest to the crackling in that pic you can see the hole!

It’s more problematic if there’s a bone - not had a lot of success with that.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It was boneless, so just poked it through. If you look at the piece of meat closest to the crackling in that pic you can see the hole!

It’s more problematic if there’s a bone - not had a lot of success with that.

Ah ok I’m going to have a bash at some joints when it’s just Paul and I for dinner. I bet a rolled breast of lamb would be great cooked on the rotisserie.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Real food day but something is amiss - BG really high now.
First meal at 12:00ish was a tin of mackerel in olive oil, 1/2 avocado and salad leaves. 0%Fage yoghurt and a few raspberries to follow.
Dinner was air fried chicken https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/low-carb-air-fryer-moroccan-chicken which was delicious. Had the other half avocado with it but now BG has jumped from 5.1 to 8.0 which doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. I usually only get that sort of reading after Hiit exercise session. Just have to hope it comes down quickly I guess.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There must be something in the air @DJC3 - having similar issues here.

Yesterday was breakfast of pork belly pieces coated in chilli oil and salt with lunch at a friend’s place of sirloin steak, lamb and feta meatballs, salmon and purple sprouting broccoli from her garden. Plus 2 teaspoons of clotted cream as she and our other friend had a sweet dessert.

Today was mince fried with onions and two eggs for breakfast and 2 Barnsley lamb chops for dinner.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There must be something in the air @DJC3 - having similar issues here.

Yesterday was breakfast of pork belly pieces coated in chilli oil and salt with lunch at a friend’s place of sirloin steak, lamb and feta meatballs, salmon and purple sprouting broccoli from her garden. Plus 2 teaspoons of clotted cream as she and our other friend had a sweet dessert.

Today was mince fried with onions and two eggs for breakfast and 2 Barnsley lamb chops for dinner.

Fab sounding lunch yesterday.
I feel I’m at least in good company if you’re getting odd results too. Your food today is pretty normal for you isn’t it? It’s very strange if you’re suddenly reacting to it.
I’m perplexed by mine, I made the spice rub myself so I know there was no added nasties, maybe just too many carbs for one meal with the red pepper, onion and yoghurt, although daily total is under 20g. I’m going to try the same meal again next week and see what happens.